#1 thing I learned from last night's game!

Clemson’s DBs were worlds better than Bamas, IMO. Long, athletic, fast, excellent both in coverage and run support. The Clemson secondary was extremely impressive.
Still like bamas overall talent at the position better but yes clemson did play better in that game

Advertisement
It's much more reflective of the roster than just looking at 2016 to 2018. I suspect that number is higher for Clemson.

9 players on the current roster from 2014-2015, 6 not even starting, is more reflective of their current roster? Are you serious? Do me a favor and divide 9 by 85.

9 players on the current roster from 2014-2015, 6 not even starting, is more reflective of their current roster? Are you serious? Do me a favor and divide 9 by 85.

What are those comparable numbers for Clemson? How many are in the 2 deep as well?

Nope, you still missed the point.

The point is that Alabama has recruited more talent on paper than Clemson. A lot more. In fact the gap between Bama's recruiting and Clemson's recruiting is actually bigger than the gap between Clemson's recruiting and Miami's recruiting. HOWEVER, I believe Clemson has done a better job of evaluating talent and coaching it up, which has resulted in Clemson's actual team being better.
Fair enough.

I'm talking talent on paper vs. actual talent. Bama clearly has more talent on paper, but Clemson has done a better job of evaluating and coaching, which has resulted in probably better actual talent or at least comparable.
Look, Alabama has a a ton of talent and great coaching. They are the only team to be in every playoff, and they win titles more than anyone else. Saban will go down as the goat. But Clemson has great talent and great coaching also. Last year Bama pummeled Clemson. My point here is that talent isn’t all equally valuable. clemson has the best DL and a once a decade QB. That matters a lot. Kudos to them on their evans and recruiting. Without Lawrence, not sure they beat Alabama, in any case. So is it coaching and development .... or an amazing QB?

It’s too early to start crapping in Alabama’s coaching and development. Compliment Dabo .. but again, overall talent is only one factor. Superb QBs matter a lot. superb DLs do also.

Advertisement
Serious question? What did Clemson staff do last night that was exceptional? Bama had close to 500 yards total offense. Vennables was the guy who gave up 55 points to USC in the Orange Bowl. He's a very good coach, but Bama had 230 yards in the first quarter.

I don't disagree with you...
But Vennables made some key calls that resulted in big plays.
That pick-6 in the begging of the game was a great call. Looked to me like Vennables called a "trap" coverage and baited Tua into throwing that flat route that was previously/usually open.
He also dialed up a nice blitz when the Clemson CB sacked Tua.
The other pick that Tua threw on the deep ball to Juedy turned out to be another great call by Vennables, having his CB bail deep over the top of Juedy's route.

I didn't think either defense was going to shut down the opposing offense. However, I thought that the difference in the game would be which defense made opportune plays.

What are those comparable numbers for Clemson? How many are in the 2 deep as well?

Clemson has 19. One doesn't count it's an extra kicker. 4 starters (missing one in the championship). So both teams had 3 starters (one of Clemson's being the **** kicker) in the championship from those 2 classes.

You can look up the **** two deep. But the fact that Clemson had double the players from those years (still not a reflection of the total overall roster) shows that they were as talented and more experienced than BAMA.

Take your ball and go home.

coaching is great but so does having one of the greatest qb talents in a generation.

It's clear that you are incapable of picking up on the point of this thread.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Clemson has the most elite QB I’ve ever seen.

Tua is pretty good, but the difference between Tua and Lawrence is huge.

Lawrence is the next Joe Montana. I really believe that. This kid looks better than any QB I’ve ever seen at the college level.

He will go on to win Super Bowls.
Just a QB like that can be a huge difference-maker.

#1 thing I learned is the talent gap between Clemson and Bama compared to the rest of cfb is enormous.

Also that the Clemson cheerleaders are elite and special.
How can we get cheerleaders like that? Maybe recruit the Carolinas more? Bags?

somebody calculate the stars for Clemson's WR, RB, QB and DL

betcha it compares to anybody out there

difference makers there

I didn't see a huge gap in talent. In fact, I saw Clemson with a better QB, RB, OL, WR corps, DL, secondary, and kicker. Didn't notice the LBs. Oh, And the Clemson cheerleaders were better looking too.

Clemson has always had serious hotties. They were down here for the OB game in the early 80’s when drug money made Miami the land of the hottie and those girls fit in fine.

Advertisement
How can we get cheerleaders like that? Maybe recruit the Carolinas more? Bags?

Well, after the 82 OB game, it took a private G-2 flight to Bermuda for two of them. But it occurs to me that you mean as cheerleaders, so that might not apply.

Why are you just limiting your comparison to 2016 to 2018? I suspect it's because that makes your numbers look better. How about you look over the 2014 to 2018 period, since that is actually more reflective of who would actually be on either team.
In 2014 Alabama signed 26, clemson signed 21.... such a big gap

Advertisement
Clemson has 19. One doesn't count it's an extra kicker. 4 starters (missing one in the championship). So both teams had 3 starters (one of Clemson's being the **** kicker) in the championship from those 2 classes.

You can look up the **** two deep. But the fact that Clemson had double the players from those years (still not a reflection of the total overall roster) shows that they were as talented and more experienced than BAMA.

Take your ball and go home.

LOL...so Clemson has nearly a full class left over and you want to say that's not meaningful, and I'm sure a bunch more of those guys are in the 2 deep and therefore significant contributors. So, I'm proven right yet again.

LOL...so Clemson has nearly a full class left over and you want to say that's not meaningful, and I'm sure a bunch more of those guys are in the 2 deep and therefore significant contributors. So, I'm proven right yet again.

You are missing a chromosome or two. This only proves that Clemson has comparable talent with more experience.

6 starters combined, 3 each, of the classes you want to use to support your absurd argument, played last night (one being a KICKER for Clemson). The majority of the rosters are from the years I already showed are separated by less than 1 point in average.

::Edit Clemson actually played one short with Lawrence suspended

Last edited:
You aren't keeping up with what is going on in this thread. I recommend that you just stay on the sideline.

You do realize, using your logic, we are thiiiiis close to Clemson.

Last 3 years Clemson averaged the 11th ranked class

Miami, 14th

Because we signed more players

But if you go by averages we are 2.55 lower

We are so close guys!

Advertisement
Back