#1 thing I learned from last night's game!

Not even close to a huge gap. Especially at the most important position, QB. And the 2nd most important position, DL.

Advertisement
Clemson has the most elite QB I’ve ever seen.

Tua is pretty good, but the difference between Tua and Lawrence is huge.

Lawrence is the next Joe Montana. I really believe that. This kid looks better than any QB I’ve ever seen at the college level.

He will go on to win Super Bowls.
Better than Andrew luck? Luck was the prototype from heaven lol

#1 thing I learned is the talent gap between Clemson and Bama compared to the rest of cfb is enormous.

Also that the Clemson cheerleaders are elite and special.

This is also true. Those 2 teams are playing a different sport than anyone else. It's not even close.

And Clemson did have some dimes on the sideline, too.

Several people whose opinions I trust have said Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Manning, and there are also some who (before last night) have said he's the best QB prospect they've ever scouted.

If he could come out this year, he'd be the #1 pick in the draft in April and teams would be trading all over themselves to try to get him. He's as good as it gets at that position. And people on here tried to argue with me that Kelly Bryant stinks cause this kid took his job hahahahah.

Advertisement
Huge gap? No. They have a first rounder at every layer of the team. Crazy comment.

What happened last night was Alabama came in with their, "play our game, impose our will" plan they always do, Clemson was beyond ready and executed because the talent gap was non-existent. It was man-to-man.

OU exposed their corners, Clemson attacked them early and often, but had the horses elsewhere to execute it.

The OP is comparing "on paper" talent and he is right. Bama has had the #1 recruiting class 3 of the last 5 years (#2 and #7 the other 2 years) and while Clemson has been very good their best class is #4 and had one class ranked #22. So yes Bama is better on paper.

Bama last 5 Classes---#7, #1, #1, #2, #1
Clemson last 5 classes #8, #22, #6, #4, #13
Bama recruits better then anyone maybe not as good as UGA now, Clemson for the size of classes they bring in there star rating is elite so dont be fooled its quality over quantity.

Advertisement
We saw a clash of Cutures last night. And let’s all do ourselves a favor and not overreact. The final score said blow out but Bama moved the ball at will and they were about about 5 bad offensive plays away from winning that game despite the worst defense they’ve had in about 7-8 years.

Moving on. Bama has a pro-culture. And a very successful pro culture. It’s not about what can I do for Bama it’s all about What can Bama do for me? With all the attention and spot light they receive. There is super high roster and coaching turnover for a college program. It was telling that even though Nick Saban routinely over signs and has the top rated class with hand picked blue chippers, in the biggest game of the year he had to resort to playing freshmen in the secondary. What happened to those amazing players they signed 2-3 years ago that should be jrs and rs-sophs and Sophs? Everyone is simply looking for Bama to be a stepping stone. For coaches they look at it as a 1-2 year gig to get to a HC spot. For players if they make it 3 years they are out.

As was evident last night and with us. Great coaches don’t grow on trees. I wouldn’t be surprised if those coordinators weren’t retained which only leads to less continuity.

When I watch Bama I see a group of hired guns. Who bond over war experiences and share a common goal but ultimately are in for themselves.

Clemson conversely has a family/brotherhood culture. It’s not for everyone. It can be cheesy and cult-like to outsiders I’m sure. But kids are going there because they want to be apart of something bigger than football. That is why Jr.s left millions of dollars on pause to comeback and “finish” something they started 4 years ago when no one would have faulted them or doubted their commitment and contribution to the program had they left early.

The coaching staff has unheard of job security for this era in college football. Which only helps to reinforce the culture and continuity they have.

And that is the difference when a Bama kid stays after Jr year it’s becuase he wanted to improve his draft stock. When a Clemson stays after his Jr year it’s becuase he wanted to help the team.

#1 thing I learned is the talent gap between Clemson and Bama compared to the rest of cfb is enormous.

Also that the Clemson cheerleaders are elite and special.

You're in violation, sir. Pics or it didn't happen, lol.

Rb and maybe db(they didn’t play like it) May be the only position bama is more talented than Clemson at. Also receiver but Clemson got some pure ballers

Talking sheer talent based on recruiting. How those guys turn out after they get on campus is evaluation and coaching.

Advertisement
I think what OP is referring to is a gap in high school ranking talent. Bama scores higher in that category than anyone. Clemson has developed better than anyone sure but OPs point stills stands.

That's a misleading stat.....Clemson signs classes of 15-20, which weighs down their ranking. Bama signs classes of 25+ a year. A more telling stat is average ranking per recruit. There is NOT a talent gap in any way

There is still a pretty big gap in average ranking per recruit. Sorry bud.

Clemson has signed just 31 players total in the last 2 classes. 22 of those 31 were four- or five-star recruits.

They land their top targets. They recruit better than anyone in the trenches, at QB, and at WR. They make their slots count and don't sign 25+ per year while backloading classes with three-star JAGs to inflate their overall ranking.

Clemson's premier players at the most important positions on the field (QB, WR, OL, DL) stack up against any other program in the country.

Advertisement
That's a misleading stat.....Clemson signs classes of 15-20, which weighs down their ranking. Bama signs classes of 25+ a year. A more telling stat is average ranking per recruit. There is NOT a talent gap in any way
There may not be much ,if any of a talent gap on the field but on paper Bama should be the better team.
Bama has also been better in avr star ranking the last 5 years .

1546962105876.png

In my opinion, yes he's better than Andrew Luck.

What I saw last night was greatness. Somebody has to be the next Montana/Marino/Brady. This kid gives me that same vibe in a way Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, etc never did.

Put it this way. Lebron James went straight from high school and dominated the NBA. Trevor Lawrence could have done the same thing, but in the NFL as a quarterback. I've never seen that before.

His skills translate directly to the pros.

Coaching still trumps sheer talent! Sure, Clemson is a very talented team on paper, but if you compare their roster to Alabama's, there is still a HUGE gap. Clemson has just done a superior job of evaluating talent, coaching up that talent, and maximizing that talent via scheme and play calling. They've been doing it for almost a decade now, and guess what, it's increased their ability to recruit more sheer talent.

This gives me hope that we can still solve this problem despite the paper recruiting losses.
The last 2 regimes here should’ve taught us that coaching trumps sheer talent.

Advertisement
Back