1 on 1s from todays practice

What's the point of this drill?

We all know that on Saturdays the DL does not get up field. The catch and release party cake bull**** will continue

How do you know?! The season is still 5 months away.

Advertisement
Jahair plays way too high. He needs to work on his bend and getting his pad level lower so he doesn't get knocked on his *** on the initial punch. I don't know if he just needs to get use to the technique or if his flexibility needs worked on, but either way he needs to get it right or he's going to be looking up at the sky a lot.

Advertisement
Our DTs are woeful w/r/t technique. Wyche is slow and Kamalu just bull rushes.

Our RT and LT? Sheesh

DL should dominate this year with the talent we have. I'm just worried that they're getting reps against a very thin and porous OL right now. Less competition = less improvement and mental toughness. Gotten get our OL starters back.

Not too worried about Jones. First time he's ever played against decent competition. He'll learn to move his feet. But these clips show that we are in trouble if any of our starting OL goes down this season. We'll be fine if Gadbois, McDermott, Isadora and Linder can stay healthy. If not, I sure hope Milo and St. Louis are ready to step up. Because not much else to inspire confidence.

Although Jahair Jones got blown up, it was encouraging to see him jump up and want to go again. I like the fire he showed.

That kid is not a tackle and should be moved inside ASAP.

Advertisement
AQM just needs to be set loose. Don't bother the man with bull**** patty cake or coverage assignments. Let him pin his ears back and go Derrick Thomas mode.

Advertisement
AQM is a different kind of kid. The type this defense has lacked for years. I hope the staff doesn't **** up his time here

What on earth do you mean you hope the staff doesn't waste his time here? That's a given that he will be wasted. A potential All American type talent at DE and he will be totally misused here. Instead of rushing the passer he will be in coverage or playing patty cake with the LT. Very sad.

As a matter of fact prepare yourselves. This DL is the most talented we have had at UM in years. AQM, Chad Thomas, Coutrell Jenkins, Ufomba Kamalu, Michael Wyche, Anthony Moten, Calvin Heurtalou, Trent Harris, and Tyriq McCord(I'm counting him as a DE). That line should be put in a position to make plays but that runs contrary to Al's prevent play not to lose mentality so you can pretty much expect to watch 4 fire hydrants every Saturday.

Advertisement
Courtel Jenkins and AQM for real. the rest need to step up. Jelani Hamiton is not good at all. crazy to think he was a 4 star recruit, Even was spotlighted on ESPN high school showcase. he looks like a walk on.

Courtel Jenkins and AQM for real. the rest need to step up. Jelani Hamiton is not good at all. crazy to think he was a 4 star recruit, Even was spotlighted on ESPN high school showcase. he looks like a walk on.

It's funny 2 of the best dlineman we have at each position are from jersey

Advertisement
Back