1 on 1 DL vs OL drills.

Advertisement
I always wondered how different ppl watch the games..like I watch the ball no matter if we are on offense or defense but every once in awhile I’ll watch the linebackers or the oline
That's me. I started trying to understand the intricacies more way way back and decided I really didn't want to because it felt like I wasn't just enjoying the game.

Advertisement
That's me. I started trying to understand the intricacies more way way back and decided I really didn't want to because it felt like I wasn't just enjoying the game.
Yup if I understood the game better It would be more enjoyable to watch it that way..like the way Tony Romo probably watches the games lol

Focused pretty exclusively on D end play while watching spring game. Felt like we didn’t get much practice footage from them during spring viewing periods. Was happy to see this posted. One thing I came away with watching spring game…. Chantz Williams has a LONG WAY TO GO… and imo may not have the talent/fluidity to be a p5 D end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love the fact a lot of coaching bodies out there coaching these kids up, very hands on.

Instant feedback coming from like 5-6 different guys. Great to see.

From little I saw:

Miller looks good at shedding blocks but LOC is questionable in the video

Rodriguez/McG need work in the weightroom

Haye is really stout. Thicker than I thought.

Lichtenstein has great reach.

I played WR back in the day so I like to watch WR and CB battles a lot, along with Safety play but really don't focus too much on individual OL vs DL battle like many have said unless someone's getting abused

Advertisement
Focused pretty exclusively on D end play while watching spring game. Felt like we didn’t get much practice footage from them during spring viewing periods. Was happy to see this posted. One thing I came away with watching spring game…. Chantz Williams has a LONG WAY TO GO… and imo may not have the talent/fluidity to be a p5 D end.
Chantz has 0 pass rush moves it’s pretty embarrassing. Now Jordan Miller looked very quick was super surprised by that. TD may give us a 3rd down rusher which is good. Lichinstien looks good as well hoping he gain like 5-10 pounds before fall camp become a tad bigger for a DT

Clark...

micheal jackson dance GIF

Advertisement

From little I saw:

Remember Harvey and Harrison- hunte did not play.

Chantz has 0 pass rush moves it’s pretty embarrassing. Now Jordan Miller looked very quick was super surprised by that. TD may give us a 3rd down rusher which is good. Lichinstien looks good as well hoping he gain like 5-10 pounds before fall camp become a tad bigger for a DT
It is what it is and that is we are SMALL up front on D .
It will our #2 issue compared to #1 we can’t catch a football on O

From little I saw:

Miller gonna be a force in run support this year country strong

Taylor has all the tools in the world size length burst and some moves already just have to keep living in the weight room and can be dominant by his third year

Liechtenstein has some some quickness and even while being a bit on the thin side for DT he has serious strength

Haye can be stout against the run this year

Chantz has zero pass moves but gonna be very stout in run support this year

Cyrus while be wide receiver thin knows how to use his weight and had good had movement already with added weight and strength he'll be a absolute terror on the edge I'm talking double digit sack guy by his third year

All in all man we got some serious coaching going on in the defense I trust the guys 100% to develop our soldiers to the highest level. All recruits have to be loving this staff and opportunity.

My d-line wish list is
D. Hicks
S. Mpemba
J. Howard
J. Wayne
A. James
And 310 LB run stuffer from somewhere

Advertisement
Back