1 on 1 DL vs OL drills.

Advertisement
Chantz has 0 pass rush moves it’s pretty embarrassing. Now Jordan Miller looked very quick was super surprised by that. TD may give us a 3rd down rusher which is good. Lichinstien looks good as well hoping he gain like 5-10 pounds before fall camp become a tad bigger for a DT
Chantz was always stiff
I was hoping that the hype was real
But this guy is only good making backside hustle plays
Or plays where the ot whiffs
Once u get hands on him it’s over

Ryan Rodriguez was getting moved by everyone. He honestly doesn’t even present enough of a challenge for our Dline to work against.
No excuse not be on ped
I’ve treated so many dudes who moved up here from Florida on testosterone
It’s like part of routine care down there

Advertisement
Ryan Rodriguez was getting moved by everyone. He honestly doesn’t even present enough of a challenge for our Dline to work against.
Hate to hear that , what’s worse is getting moved by small DL with no size .

I may put this tiny DL issue a bigger issue than not being able to catch a football .

Imagine going three and out and a pint size DL coming in against 330 plus OL hogs not good.

GOCANES

I'm not generally very focused on the battle at the line, but this I can follow. Thanks for posting.
Neither has 95% of the board the last two decades - they were all worried about corners not turning to look for the ball. This isn't going to be a 1 year fix as bad as they let it get.

Advertisement
I'll pre-face it with this, not sure what the drills goal was, but it seemed as though it was "do the job of your position and not actually get to the QB"

With that being said, I've been in film room for OL for 6 years, so this is kind of my wheelhouse.

Biggest take is, if we have Traore starting at OL, we're absolute euchred man. This is the same thing I saw last year, he leads and drops his head on contact and that's why you see the DL do the push pull and swim after contact and a lose for him.
McG, while I'm not writing him off he's young, for someone who was supposed to be all about projection, the guy is not particularly athletic and has and slow feet, not sure what the previous staff was hoping for here other then maybe looks good off the bus? For comparative sake, look at Zion, both were projections, and as a Fr you saw the athleticism from the hop with him.
Like other said, Nelson, Scaife and Rivers looked the best out there, they have their flaws but they were clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

If the OL weren't dropping their heads on contact they didn't drop their hips/**** to anchor down, that's on the OL outside of the three mentioned above.
No wonder they have so many coaches focused on that.

I'll say this nice to see Sagapolu challenge himself vs LT all the time, I think he's about 1.5 years away from being a high level player, you can see the fight and proper technique, just need a little bit more time.

Sorry boys not much sunshine in this post.

We’re going to have to some how score in the 50’s to make up tiny DL and 2-3 dropped passes a game .

(2) monster issues here , I’m easing up on my Koolaide consumption better to start now then cold turkey tired of the crash and butt hurt syndrome that follows.

GOCANES

Hate to hear that , what’s worse is getting moved by small DL with no size .

I may put this tiny DL issue a bigger issue than not being able to catch a football .

Imagine going three and out and a pint size DL coming in against 330 plus OL hogs not good.

GOCANES
The d-line ain’t that small you acting like the DTs are 240. In 2018 the starting DTs was 300 and 280 and that defense was 4th in cfb.

I'll pre-face it with this, not sure what the drills goal was, but it seemed as though it was "do the job of your position and not actually get to the QB"

With that being said, I've been in film room for OL for 6 years, so this is kind of my wheelhouse.

Biggest take is, if we have Traore starting at OL, we're absolute euchred man. This is the same thing I saw last year, he leads and drops his head on contact and that's why you see the DL do the push pull and swim after contact and a lose for him.
McG, while I'm not writing him off he's young, for someone who was supposed to be all about projection, the guy is not particularly athletic and has and slow feet, not sure what the previous staff was hoping for here other then maybe looks good off the bus? For comparative sake, look at Zion, both were projections, and as a Fr you saw the athleticism from the hop with him.
Like other said, Nelson, Scaife and Rivers looked the best out there, they have their flaws but they were clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

If the OL weren't dropping their heads on contact they didn't drop their hips/**** to anchor down, that's on the OL outside of the three mentioned above.
No wonder they have so many coaches focused on that.

I'll say this nice to see Sagapolu challenge himself vs LT all the time, I think he's about 1.5 years away from being a high level player, you can see the fight and proper technique, just need a little bit more time.

Sorry boys not much sunshine in this post.
You make valid points, I don’t think we train to intensely like Restrepo does if we did we wouldn’t be seeing these posts at all.

We need to take ownership of our positions because drops and weak line play is clearly showing we don’t.

I’m thinking our ACC preseason ranking is spot on even though my Cane 🤬🤬it .

We may not be as good as our KOOLAIDE is telling us .

We all need to step back into reality,

GOCANES

Advertisement
The d-line ain’t that small you acting like the DTs are 240. In 2018 the starting DTs was 300 and 280 and that defense was 4th in cfb.

My eyes see differently on those drills, frankly speaking OL isn’t much better seeing on some drills these DL gets some penetration .

There just isn’t any huge dudes you need on D1 DL .

I just don’t see it

GOCANES

Advertisement
Looks like the beginning of the period was run blocking/edge setting. After the first few cycles it moved to pass rush.

I was high on Rodriguez coming out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It's still early but geez.
McLaughlin got zero lead in his pencil right now also.

Miller easily looked like the best interior guy.

What Chantz lacks is any counter moves. It looks like his brain shuts down if an OT initially has him beat.
He is 100% a rush end and a run stopping edge setter. No way this guy is expected to be a sack getter.
It's fine defense are made that way, players are supposed to be put in positions where their talents are good for and needed.
We just need that quick end player that creates sacks, I'm still looking haha

Looks like the beginning of the period was run blocking/edge setting. After the first few cycles it moved to pass rush.

I was high on Rodriguez coming out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It's still early but geez.
McLaughlin got zero lead in his pencil right now also.

Miller easily looked like the best interior guy.
Agreed my guy, with the stop at the end and arm extension on both sides of the ball, that's what I was thinking.
To be honest, just never see 1v1 on that too often or at al, shows the emphasis maybe?

Advertisement
Back