1 mile from camping stadium

At least your not in Parramore....:noidea:
Didn't the city of Orlando try to kick out all the poor black folk from Paramore and try to push them into section 8 housing right under the overpass?!? Thought they had some rich German investors coming in to buy up church street station, but wanted to further develop the surrounding area with upscale living options...I could be wrong, it has been a hot minute since I've been back to O-Town

Advertisement
I wasn't trying to diss. I was just pointing that out. That makes sense. Your definition of safe and someone from St Louis definition of safe are completely different. I was never once scared walking around those areas.

People from Coral Gables may feel unsafe walking around in coconut grove late at night. That doesn't mean someone from St Louis wouldn't walk around there and not get touched.

You can get shot in any hood, but you can get shot in rich towns too.

I was never afraid of those areas or of the can't shoot straight gang. There isn't enough beefs going on down there for them to actually learn how to shoot. They get by off spraying and praying they hit somebody. In St Louis the bad parts have actual wars going on. You got dudes slicing the pie and popping out with great aim. Its completely different.
Its all good.

Go Canes!!!!!

Didn't the city of Orlando try to kick out all the poor black folk from Paramore and try to push them into section 8 housing right under the overpass?!? Thought they had some rich German investors coming in to buy up church street station, but wanted to further develop the surrounding area with upscale living options...I could be wrong, it has been a hot minute since I've been back to O-Town
No man. The brothers and sisters still run Paramore. There's all kinds if public housing surrounding that area. Ain't no Germans running anybody out of the project's. Not in this country.
Go Canes !!!@!

Your not wrong. They still trying but the plans are going a lot slower then expected. The soccer team would have help those investors if they wasn't garbage and took off with the hype. I give it another 5 years before they complete the take over.

Advertisement
Church Street - Chillers/Big Belly Brewery/Latitudes is a great spot, the first couple of floors are just OK, but the rooftop bar is a great place to hang out. I also like the German bar right next to it (Schumann's). Orlando City Soccer Club has a bar on the other side of the RR tracks called Lion's Pride. You have a couple of burger spot/bars on either side of the tracks, Graffiti Junktion has an outdoor plaza, and the fans who enjoy LGBTQ entertainment can go to Hamburger Mary's.

If you then head north on Orange Avenue, there are a bunch of spots (including on the side streets) - Chela Tequila & Tacos and Corona Cigar Company are both in a one-block development at the corner of Church & Orange. Across Pine Street from Corona is a speakeasy called Hanson's Shoe Repair. On Orange, between Pine & Central, you have 3 gastropubs, Orlando PourHouse, The Underground Public House, and Avenue Gastrobar (there's a fourth one 2 blocks north called Finnhenry's). At Pine, you have Tanqueray's (in the basement) and on Central you have Ember.

Wall Street - another block north and you have a whole block to the east of Orange Avenue that is not open to traffic and is all bars. For a lot of big events, bowl games, etc., this becomes a big party area.

Farther north - the two blocks between Wall and Jefferson have a bunch of older bars, but some have been renovated recently, including Orange County Brewers.

There are a bunch of other spots within 2 blocks to the east or 2 blocks to the west of Orange Avenue. So about 10 blocks from north-to-south and about 4 blocks to either side of Orange Avenue, you should have plenty of options.
Chela tequila? You mean Tila Tequila- the neo-**** Vietnamese **** star- that’s one mixed up *****- she’s still pretty hot though

There is so much bullsh!te in this posting that it's hard to wade through it all.

No idea where this "section 8 housing right under the overpass" is. Are you talking about the projects, where Wesley Snipes used to live, that were inside of the East-West exit spiral? Yeah, that was torn down a decade ago. And the I-4 overpass at Church Street is going to have a lighted basketball park underneath it.

As for Church Street Station, it's on the other side of I-4, where there is already upscale housing. And Church Street Station has had about a dozen "redevelopment" parties get interested, and then back out. Again, NOT the Parramore neighborhood.

And when it comes to Orlando "trying to kick out" anyone, they failed miserably to buy out the 30-person church next to the soccer stadium, so I'm not sure what you think they are doing in Parramore related to "upscale living options". Private money is making purchases. Same thing is happening in Miami. Fort Lauderdale. Tampa. West Palm Beach. Nothing new there.

Advertisement
Google Earth has it at .88 mile from the Miami side of CWS to the hotel walking straight down W Central. I noticed there's a huge *** police station about half way there or so. Pine st. past Magnolia is brick? looks like a nice little area?
The nice areas are Magnolia/Rosiland East to Bumby....and from Colonial too Anderson South....anything West of Division, and it starts deteriorating....North of Colonial in the above mentioned (where Lake Highland Prep is) is okay as well....Ive lived in ColonialTown for 18yrs...(even in 91-92)

Don't understand why anyone would walk around the area near Camping World. You might be ok before the game when it's daylight but after the game when its dark isn't the best idea.

There is so much bullsh!te in this posting that it's hard to wade through it all.

No idea where this "section 8 housing right under the overpass" is. Are you talking about the projects, where Wesley Snipes used to live, that were inside of the East-West exit spiral? Yeah, that was torn down a decade ago. And the I-4 overpass at Church Street is going to have a lighted basketball park underneath it.

As for Church Street Station, it's on the other side of I-4, where there is already upscale housing. And Church Street Station has had about a dozen "redevelopment" parties get interested, and then back out. Again, NOT the Parramore neighborhood.

And when it comes to Orlando "trying to kick out" anyone, they failed miserably to buy out the 30-person church next to the soccer stadium, so I'm not sure what you think they are doing in Parramore related to "upscale living options". Private money is making purchases. Same thing is happening in Miami. Fort Lauderdale. Tampa. West Palm Beach. Nothing new there.
Dude, relax. I grew up there. Haven't been back to that area in like 25 years. Been busy serving our country overseas. The talk back then was to move the "Ghetto" in order to accommodate more master planned neighborhoods. Again, that was 25 years ago. I know church street is on the other side, but the point was that the City of Orlando was trying to facelift the whole downtown area, not just lake Eola and church street.

Advertisement
This thread entertains me, For the record Id be more nervous stayin in an air B&B with you crazy mufuggas on this board then walking around camping world stadium at midnight

This thread entertains me, For the record Id be more nervous stayin in an air B&B with you crazy mufuggas on this board then walking around camping world stadium at midnight

lol. i just wouldn't stay in an airbnb near the stadium bc most of the trip you won't be near CWS unless you love ****** bars

Staying at the Aloft just east of I4. Looks like the walk goes straight through the hood. Probably not the best idea to go on foot with the wife after the game right?

Uber is your friend. That is a hike down church street.

The bars at Wall Street may be fun for you, then there are the bars on east pine street. Fyi google bars on east pine. The pine street bars on the west side of pine street are just garbage. So using orange Ave as the dividing line. Head east on pine street.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Uber is your friend. That is a hike down church street.

The bars at Wall Street may be fun for you, then there are the bars on east pine street. Fyi google bars on east pine. The pine street bars on the west side of pine street are just garbage. So using orange Ave as the dividing line. Head east on pine street.

Go Canes

Appreciate it, brother!

Offer still stands from my original post with this new news.

Attachments

• 90772174-D776-4ABF-B832-0328B5D191CC.png
    90772174-D776-4ABF-B832-0328B5D191CC.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 22
Advertisement
Back