1-gap 3-4

Well looks like everybody's getting what they been waiting for http://youtu.be/EJF5ZO-hnoU

lol, he never said anything about a 1 gap 3-4. Didn't you hear him? He said it's the same scheme. Yeah, they're working on some pass rushing and being aggressive but this is the same defense. Nothing is changing.

He definitely said they are on working getting off and not worrying about 2 gap responsibilities and are going to attack anything that comes in the gap... Which is what 1 gap is

You completely ignored what he said before that. He said it was the same scheme. Whether or not they are working on firing up the gap and getting off at the snap is irrelevant. I am sure they are working on those facets of the game just like they were last year. Our defense is what it is. We have over four years of proof of that

The defense in year 4 isn't the same as it was in year 1. They've changed it. Just not for the better. Self scouting and common sense should tell them that there personnel would be best suited to getting up the field and using athlectism to cause havoc. Not sure Al golden has any sense though.

fify

Advertisement
You guys realize we play both 1 gap and 2 gap schemes last year. For that little 4-5 game stretch where we looked like we may have turned the corner, we played a lot of 1 gap in even and odd fronts. They will not change anything and wil continue on business as usual.

more agggresive because we don't have those slow players like chick and denzel "i can't cover a FB" perryman.

armbrister was downright AWFUL.

this defense is going to straight up SHUT UP people this year you will see. We just need to replace that hack Jamal Carter who couldn't tackle an offensive lineman if he had too.

don't talk about Jamal.. South florida divas will be made and you will receive a warning from our mods about not speaking of his goonery!

Instead of that, I'll just help you get your head out of the sand and realize that maybe he'd be better if he wasn't coached by Mr. Delaware/Northeast Backpedal Hack himself Paul Williams. You're welcome.

You guys realize we play both 1 gap and 2 gap schemes last year. For that little 4-5 game stretch where we looked like we may have turned the corner, we played a lot of 1 gap in even and odd fronts. They will not change anything and wil continue on business as usual.

Scheme has never been the issue here.

Philosophy and application has been and will continue to be the problem.

Perryman HAS been awful in coverage. Where have you guys been? NFL scouts even mentioned it as a con.

Advertisement

That is where self-scouting would come into play. How effective was the defense when a 1 gap scheme was the primary? Would a complete shift to that defense make the the defense as a whole better? I'm not holding my breath that they're actually asking themselves those questions

Last edited:
1 gap, 2 gap or 10 gap. It doesn't make a difference cause these guys can't coach defense. Look at that **** defense in their first year here. They simply don't know how to coach. Don't get your hopes up for any improvements.

Advertisement
1 gap or 2?

I+can+understand+how+some+look+that+way+cause+they+_5867a90b3239a5adf0fe2c383328d15a.jpg

Advertisement
Well looks like everybody's getting what they been waiting for http://youtu.be/EJF5ZO-hnoU

lol, he never said anything about a 1 gap 3-4. Didn't you hear him? He said it's the same scheme. Yeah, they're working on some pass rushing and being aggressive but this is the same defense. Nothing is changing.

He definitely said they are on working getting off and not worrying about 2 gap responsibilities and are going to attack anything that comes in the gap... Which is what 1 gap is

+1 Kamalu literally said he is feeling happy because he only has to worry about getting off blocks and hitting what comes in his gap now

Good coaches adapt to the talent they have. Clearly, Golden is not a creative thinker nor a creative football mind in that regard.
Dude is tragically overpaid.

1 gap, 2 gap or 10 gap. It doesn't make a difference cause these guys can't coach defense. Look at that **** defense in their first year here. They simply don't know how to coach. Don't get your hopes up for any improvements.

THiS. 2 gap doesn't explain safeties 15 yard back on goal line vs nebraska or GT.
2 gap has nothing to do w sitting on leads

Advertisement
more agggresive because we don't have those slow players like chick and denzel "i can't cover a FB" perryman.

armbrister was downright AWFUL.

this defense is going to straight up SHUT UP people this year you will see. We just need to replace that hack Jamal Carter who couldn't tackle an offensive lineman if he had too.

Dude, are you sure you're a cane fan...or are you Al Goldne's Kin?

I'm confused...last year, didn't Al say that we'll be running more 4-3 fronts and that generated a huge buzz amongst the fans? Now this year, he's running a more "aggressive" (although from watching that AQM/Trent Harris workout I respectfully disagree) 3-4 one gap front? We'll see the aggressiveness against the scrubs on our schedule...then once the big boys come out to play us (and by big boys I'm referring to anyone who had a 7-6 record or better) we'll see "Al being Al Again" (which is making for a helluva NCAA sitcom right now).

Advertisement
Back