1-gap 3-4

The problems that Miami has covering the FB and the TE started long before Golden got here. Perryman might not have been good in coverage, but he is certainly not the only one over the last decade...

Advertisement
more agggresive because we don't have those slow players like chick and denzel "i can't cover a FB" perryman.

armbrister was downright AWFUL.

this defense is going to straight up SHUT UP people this year you will see. We just need to replace that hack Jamal Carter who couldn't tackle an offensive lineman if he had too.

What is it with these ***** SLURPERS that have to constantly belittle players. It's the CORCHING, dummy!

So now they might be changing it? Gee, then the CORCHES changed it. Yes, the same ones that have ****ed up the defense for years.

Now I'd like to know if the DBs are still going to play 20 yards off.

What a clown dumping on Perryman. Golden blew the guy up too much. He'd be a major beast at 230-235, instead of 245-250. Our stupid tactics on defense reflected bad on everyone. We have no QB pressure, who the **** looks good on passes in that situation?

it doesn't matter what we play nowadays cause we don't have enough CB's to cover a common cold. Instead of letting Crawford slip slide on out of here, folden should've worked on gettin the man back on campus.

A lot of people worked on him. I even read a quote from his mom who tried hard to get him to stay. The kid just wanted out and made a bad decision...my only regret is that he didnt drag Golden out with him.

His only bad decision was not sticking w GT

Advertisement
OP is clearly an uninformed troll but he got 1 thing right - Perryman is poor in coverage and it will be his downfall in the NFL (increasingly pass-oriented league). Even a blind squirrel will find the occasional nut though.

Windbag tools like McShay & Mayock think Perryman is a 1st rounder but that doesn't make it a consensus. Most of the draft analysts on the internet agree that Perryman is overrated and should be an early day 3 pick. There's a place for him in the NFL because he excels at attacking downhill so 3-4 teams will like him as a thumper, but LBs who can't cover have very limited value. Same thing goes for Benardrick McKinney who is being touted as a top prospect by the mainstream draft guys while everyone else agrees his lack of movement skills limit his value as an off-LOS LB.

I just don't get why Canes fans are so attached to Perryman. He made some highlight plays but if he was so great why did our defense suck during his whole career? Go watch the Wake Forest film from 2013, compare it to any game film from Eric Kendricks or Shaq Thompson, and then try to tell me Perryman is a 1st round talent. Kendricks' instincts & twitchy athleticism makes Perryman look like Michael Wyche in comparison.

What a clown dumping on Perryman. Golden blew the guy up too much. He'd be a major beast at 230-235, instead of 245-250. Our stupid tactics on defense reflected bad on everyone. We have no QB pressure, who the **** looks good on passes in that situation?

Perryman wanted to put that weight on, NFL coaches asked him to take some off and he refused. He wants to be stocky and slow apparently just so he can maintain his thumper reputation. Style over substance type of player...

Nice try blaming the coaches for Perryman's coverage issues. It's not the coaches' job to redirect in coverage and find receivers in your zone. Perryman covers grass in a standstill. I hate our coaches more than anyone but you can't blame them for the limitations of a prospect. Perryman had every opportunity to prove he was a complete LB in the Grohlden system, but he failed.

Former NFL scout and current NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah has given a thumbs down to this year’s linebackers class.

In a post-Combine podcast, Jeremiah talked about how “inside linebacker not a very good position,” and he projects none to be first round picks.

Jeremiah is down on Miami middle linebacker Denzel Perryman, who he said looked slow and sluggish through the NFL Scouting Combine field work and checked in under 5 feet 11 inches.

“You better be able to match up against tight ends and backs,” Jeremiah said, in a discussion about the role of linebacker evolving in a passing league.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
**** that...4 years too late. What the majority of fans want (except for those like NJcane who have PhD's in throwing players under the bus for the incompetence of the coaches) is AG and his band of fuggin idiots out of Coral Gables.

Anyone that still has any optimism that this staph can win here, make the correct adjustment, or utilize their players correctly really has some major intellectual and/or cognitive deficits.

AG is a bonafide loser that has never won anything and will never win here or anywhere else. The guy is a fuggin tool. Everyone sees it except the Admin and the intellectually deficient "football experts" who troll the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
more agggresive because we don't have those slow players like chick and denzel "i can't cover a FB" perryman.

this defense is going to straight up SHUT UP people this year you will see. We just need to replace that hack Jamal Carter who couldn't tackle an offensive lineman if he had too.

Im convinced you were purposely dropped on your head as an infant

Advertisement

You're disgusting

deal with it. for all the nuthugging of DP, he was downright terrible in pass coverage. AWFUL. for this reason alone i cannot see him as a nfl starter.

Lmao, so every one of the draft gurus saying that he is a first rounder are stupid? Yea you are trolling

are those draft gurus correct? theyre never wrong right?

we have seen DP his whole career. he will not start in the nfl if he cannot cover a **** FB.

I didn't know Al had family left in NJ. Thought he had them all on payroll down here. How's the snow? Wait, with all that hot air you're blowing it probably melts before it get to your trash heap of a state.

**** that...4 years too late. What the majority of fans want (except for those like NJcane who have PhD's in throwing players under the bus for the incompetence of the coaches) is AG and his band of fuggin idiots out of Coral Gables.

Anyone that still has any optimism that this staph can win here, make the correct adjustment, or utilize their players correctly really has some major intellectual and/or cognitive deficits.

AG is a bonafide loser that has never won anything and will never win here or anywhere else. The guy is a fuggin tool. Everyone sees it except the Admin and the intellectually deficient "football experts" who troll the net.

I agree, it is too late but he will not change anyway. People like him cannot change because they are perfect to start. Why would they change? If he did, the minute someone mentions it, he will revert to same sad a... bend over int the shower defense he brought with him.

This. DP will play at 235 at the next level and will be much faster to thr ball. Chick will be a solid player in the NFL.

The OP needs to get off sniffing Golden's nutz! Read and react makes the best of players look awful...

Advertisement
Changes?! 4 years in?! He JUST FIGURED out that his 2 gap s#it don't work?! LMFAO! The only change I'm interested in is seeing Al and his fucc buddy getting **** canned. Oh yea, and checking out the new Adidas unis., too.
As far as a scheme change is concerned. It has to be a fundamental system change from the core out. If it's not, we're gonna be stuck with the same bull****. When coaches get stressed, they are gonna revert back to the schemes that they're comfortable with. They always go with what they believe in. So we are probably gonna see that frog stance crap when it's nut cutting time. So does that really equate to change?

I really think they're not gunna change.. Either there telling the players to say it or there gunna wait for a mistake and go back to 2 gap soft crap.. Al will RIDE with HIS defense or DIE, that's it

Changes?! 4 years in?! He JUST FIGURED out that his 2 gap s#it don't work?! LMFAO! The only change I'm interested in is seeing Al and his fucc buddy getting **** canned. Oh yea, and checking out the new Adidas unis., too.
As far as a scheme change is concerned. It has to be a fundamental system change from the core out. If it's not, we're gonna be stuck with the same bull****. When coaches get stressed, they are gonna revert back to the schemes that they're comfortable with. They always go with what they believe in. So we are probably gonna see that frog stance crap when it's nut cutting time. So does that really equate to change?

I agree with you that when things get tense you'll probably see them reverting but I also think this new look will be used together with the old crap.
All its gonna take is an attacking lineman missing a tackle or letting a rb get around them....and boom.

Advertisement

Shut up!!! Shouldn't you be trying to get in shape or working on what you call a defense Mark?????

OP is clearly an uninformed troll but he got 1 thing right - Perryman is poor in coverage and it will be his downfall in the NFL (increasingly pass-oriented league). Even a blind squirrel will find the occasional nut though.

Windbag tools like McShay & Mayock think Perryman is a 1st rounder but that doesn't make it a consensus. Most of the draft analysts on the internet agree that Perryman is overrated and should be an early day 3 pick. There's a place for him in the NFL because he excels at attacking downhill so 3-4 teams will like him as a thumper, but LBs who can't cover have very limited value. Same thing goes for Benardrick McKinney who is being touted as a top prospect by the mainstream draft guys while everyone else agrees his lack of movement skills limit his value as an off-LOS LB.

I just don't get why Canes fans are so attached to Perryman. He made some highlight plays but if he was so great why did our defense suck during his whole career? Go watch the Wake Forest film from 2013, compare it to any game film from Eric Kendricks or Shaq Thompson, and then try to tell me Perryman is a 1st round talent. Kendricks' instincts & twitchy athleticism makes Perryman look like Michael Wyche in comparison.

Perryman wanted to put that weight on, NFL coaches asked him to take some off and he refused. He wants to be stocky and slow apparently just so he can maintain his thumper reputation. Style over substance type of player...

Nice try blaming the coaches for Perryman's coverage issues. It's not the coaches' job to redirect in coverage and find receivers in your zone. Perryman covers grass in a standstill. I hate our coaches more than anyone but you can't blame them for the limitations of a prospect. Perryman had every opportunity to prove he was a complete LB in the Grohlden system, but he failed.

Former NFL scout and current NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah has given a thumbs down to this year’s linebackers class.

In a post-Combine podcast, Jeremiah talked about how “inside linebacker not a very good position,” and he projects none to be first round picks.

Jeremiah is down on Miami middle linebacker Denzel Perryman, who he said looked slow and sluggish through the NFL Scouting Combine field work and checked in under 5 feet 11 inches.

“You better be able to match up against tight ends and backs,” Jeremiah said, in a discussion about the role of linebacker evolving in a passing league.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Please elaborate on the rest of the scouting community, that you seem to know quite well, who doesn't think Perryman is a stud LB worthy of day 1 consideration (they all mentioned his pass coverage technique needs developing FWIW). If you can't cite actual sources to back up your bull**** claims GTFO of here u POS moron.

don't talk about Jamal.. South florida divas will be made and you will receive a warning from our mods about not speaking of his goonery!

Advertisement
Back