1/26 Junior Day

I used to get excited about whose coming and who's not. In the end it doesn't mean ****. It's about how you close. Johnny Dixon is a prime example. On campus for a miminum 8 times and then can't close. I personally think bringing them on campus so many times can sometimes become a deterrent. Coming to the school and just losing its excitement because you've been there so many times can elevate other schools because they go there once and feel the excitement of something different. This is just my opinion. I kind of went through it when I was getting recruited for baseball. I went to Florida so many times that I actually hated the town and city after going there so many times for camps and unofficials. My excitement the 1st and 2nd time were through the roof though. I ended up going to UCF which was awesome.

which is why i didnt get how people thought Dixon was coming here...

Kid came MULTIPLE times here and NEVER NEVER committed. Thats the clear giveaway right there..same thing with Matt Thomas.

-Agree completely about what u said...

That is an interesting viewpoint. Does anyone know how often Duke was on campus before signing the NLOI?

Advertisement
I used to get excited about whose coming and who's not. In the end it doesn't mean ****. It's about how you close. Johnny Dixon is a prime example. On campus for a miminum 8 times and then can't close. I personally think bringing them on campus so many times can sometimes become a deterrent. Coming to the school and just losing its excitement because you've been there so many times can elevate other schools because they go there once and feel the excitement of something different. This is just my opinion. I kind of went through it when I was getting recruited for baseball. I went to Florida so many times that I actually hated the town and city after going there so many times for camps and unofficials. My excitement the 1st and 2nd time were through the roof though. I ended up going to UCF which was awesome.

which is why i didnt get how people thought Dixon was coming here...

Kid came MULTIPLE times here and NEVER NEVER committed. Thats the clear giveaway right there..same thing with Matt Thomas.

-Agree completely about what u said...

Exactly what I thought. Same as Khairi Clark. The longer the recruitment went along, the worse it was for us.

Canes Basketball puttin' in work Vs. #2 Syracuse right now..

Dunno if it's confirmed that any of these recruits are @ the game for Jr. Day, and I know they got worked Vs. (#18) Duke this past week..

But w/ LeBron, Kobe, DWade & others @ the BUC for that game, and the last couple games drawing "the two greatest student crowds in the history of our (basketball) program"... A win + the aforementioned crowds & starpower MUST be good for business. Yea?

285.gif

Advertisement
Hope they offer Arnette, if he's good enough for the beasts at South Carolina.......

A lot of talent is coming to UMs junior day tomorrow... Torrance Gibson and Tarvarus McFadden , tyrek cole just confirmed they are going...

Advertisement
Absolutely loaded Shawn burgess Becker, Calvin Ridley, Gibson, k McFadden, t McFadden, cole, sam Bruce, Cronkite, Scarlett, coney, jaquan johnson, just to name a few. Recruits are taking notice for real man

If a kid visits 8 times without committing it is probably because he is looking for a reason to commit but there is a sticking point. Meaning he didnt think his coach or coaches were good enough. He is looking for compensating factors. How many have lost all faith in Al b/c of the D and Dorito

Advertisement
Even if/when Coney is offered, he's a Gator.

Based on a conversation I had with him and another coach at the tryouts. Sounds like it would be difficult to change his mind.

But, it's early and stranger things have happened.

Per bartow from 247:

- Darius Fulwood
- Nick Bosa
- Darnell Solomon
- Calvin Brewton
- Adonis Thomas

Advertisement
Even if/when Coney is offered, he's a Gator.

Based on a conversation I had with him and another coach at the tryouts. Sounds like it would be difficult to change his mind.

But, it's early and stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the info

Advertisement
Back