2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

They are not the best at evals in college football, they are the best at acquiring the highest ranked players, there’s a difference.

Especially, at CB, Bama & UGA Corners are mostly bad to average at best.

Until Pat Surtain Jr & Tyson Campbell, Bama & UGA had produced a bunch of a mediocre CB’s in the league.

Bama & UGA didn’t just let Travis Hunter stay committed to FSU nor did they just let him go to JSU, they were actively trying to flip him & get in on the sweepstakes during his entire recruitment, go watch his commitment video, he literally threw the UGA hat on the ground after pretending to put it on.

He had planned on going to FSU because he was always a Nole fan & his favorite player growing up was Jalen Ramsey. He actually had decommitted from FSU 2 nights before NSD, he called them & told them he wasn’t gonna sign with them but their staff straight up acted as if it didn’t happen & just wrote it off as last minute jitters, so they ignored it. They hoped he would come to his senses & still sign with them anyway, but he had no intentions on sticking with them.

Prime got him because he’s a good coach & master recruiter, he had been working Travis for the last 2 weeks leading up until NSD & once TH decommitted from FSU 2 nights before he knew he had him in the bag. The NIL deal he signed is worth over $1.5mill & sealed the deal, but Deion was really the only coach who could flip him because there’s no other coach in America that could recruit a CB better than Prime, not even Corey Raymond could out-recruit CB’s better than Prime.

When Deion Sanders gets a P5 job at good program with legit resources he’s gonna do very very well on the trail, specifically at CB.
I have mentioned that in a previous post earlier today ( Edit: Wednesday my bad covid got my times messed up) QB and CB they dont have the best evals. But Saban does find studs before the ranking serviced like that Josh Jacobs kid then obviously they get a boost in ranking trusting Saban. Deon next job is at FSU I believe that job is his

Advertisement
trust me bags were big UGA would have him or Bama thats my opinion on it. Same with Hasslewood when they let him leave I knew he was over rated by the websites

Haha I don’t really think for either of it had to do with bags. In Hasselwood case, why would any top WR go to UGA? And let’s not forget how stacked Bama was at WR? Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Metchie, & Riggs… Sheesh… As for Hunter, he’s a kid that moves to the beat of his own drum. FSU has been dead since 2016. 2 sub .500 records in that span, but he was still committed to them. If Bama & UGA didn’t pry him away at any point, then the kid was going his own route. I mean Bama & UGA DBs vs FSU defense. The kid saw more opportunities in that route. Plus I also heard that he’s really from Palm Beach. Our South Florida kids move different haha. Either way NIL money was going to follow the number 1/2 ranked recruit. Man recruiting is more nuanced then we think.

Haha I don’t really think for either of it had to do with bags. In Hasselwood case, why would any top WR go to UGA? And let’s not forget how stacked Bama was at WR? Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Metchie, & Riggs… Sheesh… As for Hunter, he’s a kid that moves to the beat of his own drum. FSU has been dead since 2016. 2 sub .500 records in that span, but he was still committed to them. If Bama & UGA didn’t pry him away at any point, then the kid was going his own route. I mean Bama & UGA DBs vs FSU defense. The kid saw more opportunities in that route. Either way NIL money was going to follow the number 1/2 ranked recruit. Man recruiting is more nuanced then we think.
I didnt like Hasslewood thought he had bust written all over him, should of been a 4 star but I have been wrong before. I just thought he was too slow to be a five star. But ur right what wr goes to UGA? lol I like the NIL and hate it at the same time, everyone said it would help us cause big city bs but social media is the big city......who needs a big city in 2021?

I have mentioned that in a previous post earlier today ( Edit: Wednesday my bad covid got my times messed up) QB and CB they dont have the best evals. But Saban does find studs before the ranking serviced like that Josh Jacobs kid then obviously they get a boost in ranking trusting Saban. Deon next job is at FSU I believe that job is his

I think @Liberty City El is a bit tough on them. For what they want to do in college, I agree they are amongst the best at evals and I agree they are the best at acquiring talent. They had some unknowns or athletes who didn’t come in with much fanfare like Josh Jacobs, Eddie Jackson, & Blake Sims. But lately they haven’t been getting too many players who aren’t 4 stars.

I didnt like Hasslewood thought he had bust written all over him, should of been a 4 star but I have been wrong before. I just thought he was too slow to be a five star. But ur right what wr goes to UGA? lol I like the NIL and hate it at the same time, everyone said it would help us cause big city bs but social media is the big city......who needs a big city in 2021?

Man you refuse to let the Hasslewood thing go hahaa. Yea you made it known that you weren’t fond of him.

As for the NIL, I like it. It’s still in its infancy stage though. Not too many people know what it entails and there isn’t a governing body to regulate it. At the end of the day, it’s going to come down to winning and the tradition of the school. We are able to still get 4 ⭐️ and some 5 ⭐️ athletes because of our tradition and reputation. However, to take the next step for the elite that are on the fence, we need to win. Not too many people are just going to take bags to a trash school. There’s 11 players on both sides of the ball. You are depending too much on your teammates. It’s easier for a DB to take a chance on going to an unexpected school than a RB, QB, or WR. That’s why I don’t ever think the NIL will persuade kids to just go anywhere.

Advertisement
Man you refuse to let the Hasslewood thing go hahaa. Yea you made it known that you weren’t fond of him.

As for the NIL, I like it. It’s still in its infancy stage though. Not too many people know what it entails and there isn’t a governing body to regulate it. At the end of the day, it’s going to come down to winning and the tradition of the school. We are able to still get 4 ⭐️ and some 5 ⭐️ athletes because of our tradition and reputation. However, to take the next step for the elite that are on the fence, we need to win. Not too many people are just going to take bags to a trash school. There’s 11 players on both sides of the ball. You are depending too much on your teammates. It’s easier for a DB to take a chance on going to an unexpected school than a RB, QB, or WR. That’s why I don’t ever think the NIL will persuade kids to just go anywhere.
**** I will go to a trash school if in a savage athlete and I know I'm good. If it's a life changing bag and I'm poor sign me up. There isn't a guarantee to the NFL or an injury can happen so take the money now.

The best FCS running back in YEARS was an undrafted free agent that signed with the Jags even though he’s one of the best backs in the league and already a multiple time pro bowler. He played in a better conference too.

It’s a long shot for everyone. And depending on the school it’s even harder. However, we can’t compare RB. That’s a position that has been devalued for the last decade. There are other positions that offer a slim but better chance than other positions. Positions like OL, DB, & LB offer those opportunities. Now I doubt we’ll see a top ranked RB make a move like Hunter because he’ll need a strong line too. But all positions aren’t equal.

**** I will go to a trash school if in a savage athlete and I know I'm good. If it's a life changing bag and I'm poor sign me up. There isn't a guarantee to the NFL or an injury can happen so take the money now.

Man you’re right. Some may have that mindset but football is a contact sport. I’m not going to unnecessarily take a beaten for a quick Mil haha.

Advertisement
I’m having a great day. I don’t understand why you added that. Once again, JSU played the schedule they was dealt and dominated. Y’all continue to over exaggerate the competition level. If players have the size and measurables they will be drafted. I can’t say which round but that’s why you have the senior bowl, shrine game, combine, & pro days. The scouts will determine that. But no one is going turn their heads up to kids with size who dominate. And I doubt the scouts will overlook a former 5 ⭐️ out of hs. He’s going to get the looks but he just has to ball. Yes guys transfer up but until recently it wasn’t that many. Mainly because they had to sit out still. However, from 2009-2019 the draft has seen a minimum 14 fcs draft picks go during the first 2 days of the draft. This is before COVID and the new transfer rule.
Have a great day

You are 100% correct on all accounts.

They are not the best at evals in college football, they are the best at acquiring the highest ranked players, there’s a difference.

Especially, at CB, Bama & UGA Corners are mostly bad to average at best.

Until Pat Surtain Jr & Tyson Campbell, Bama & UGA had produced a bunch of a mediocre CB’s in the league.

Bama & UGA didn’t just let Travis Hunter stay committed to FSU nor did they just let him go to JSU, they were actively trying to flip him & get in on the sweepstakes during his entire recruitment, go watch his commitment video, he literally threw the UGA hat on the ground after pretending to put it on.

He had planned on going to FSU because he was always a Nole fan & his favorite player growing up was Jalen Ramsey. He actually had decommitted from FSU 2 nights before NSD, he called them & told them he wasn’t gonna sign with them but their staff straight up acted as if it didn’t happen & just wrote it off as last minute jitters, so they ignored it. They hoped he would come to his senses & still sign with them anyway, but he had no intentions on sticking with them.

Prime got him because he’s a good coach & master recruiter, he had been working Travis for the last 2 weeks leading up until NSD & once TH decommitted from FSU 2 nights before he knew he had him in the bag. The NIL deal he signed is worth over $1.5mill & sealed the deal, but Deion was really the only coach who could flip him because there’s no other coach in America that could recruit a CB better than Prime, not even Corey Raymond could out-recruit CB’s better than Prime.

When Deion Sanders gets a P5 job at good program with legit resources he’s gonna do very very well on the trail, specifically at CB.
what will be interesting to see if Deion gets a P5 job is whether he is willing to grind out the 16-18-20 hour days. Most people with his amount of money, notoriety and playing success do not. I have to assume his hours are less at Jackson State, and it is obviously much easier to recruit A player than it is to put in that level of work for 20-25 players.

what will be interesting to see if Deion gets a P5 job is whether he is willing to grind out the 16-18-20 hour days. Most people with his amount of money, notoriety and playing success do not. I have to assume his hours are less at Jackson State, and it is obviously much easier to recruit A player than it is to put in that level of work for 20-25 players.
He will.

Deion is fully committed to being a college Head Coach has wanted to be for nearly a decade now.

Advertisement
I think @Liberty City El is a bit tough on them. For what they want to do in college, I agree they are amongst the best at evals and I agree they are the best at acquiring talent. They had some unknowns or athletes who didn’t come in with much fanfare like Josh Jacobs, Eddie Jackson, & Blake Sims. But lately they haven’t been getting too many players who aren’t 4 stars.
Eddie Jackson lone reason for not being a 4 + star was that he couldnt get on the field but 1 year in high school. He was a 4+ star in talent level..**** his older brother was as well.

Man we can pull up those numbers with other fbs teams. All 3 programs you are referring too now have coaching staffs with ties to the NFL. It’s not the same programs. Y’all acting like they are commuting to the staffs who was there since 2010. Eddie George, Hue Jackson m, & Deon Sanders all have strong ties to the NFL. Scouts are going to come see Hunter because he is a 5 ⭐️. As long as he lock his man up in the fcs then shut down the couple of fbs opponents he face, he is good. Especially if he’s going to play offense, defense and return. I don’t see HBCU s getting a bunch of 4 or 5 stars out of high school but with the transfer portal they can get some really good 3 🌟 from high school. And the few 4 or 5 ⭐️ that do go will bring attention.
Before anyone talks down on fbs teams
Go ask fsu how treacherous they are

We’ll know the true impact in 3 years
If hunter gets drafted first day
There’s proof u can go hsbc and get drafted high as long as you’re elite
So I can see a lot of top guys giving hsbc more looks
I think it would be awesome
Then they would have more talent more revenue for the school
Better tv deals
Better academics with more money more applicants it’s win win

Advertisement

Deion is done coaching at 6pm. He has stated this in an interview i recently watch this weekend. He stated "go home to your kids, be a father to your family". Deion said all them hours those coaches said they are putting in they aint doing nothing but watching Fred Sanford in the facility lol.

That honestly is the interesting part. Which is why all the Ed Reed coaching talk is funny...i dont think he would pull even half of that. Deion though has the ability to do it and has coached longer but i still think he aint a 16 hour a day type. Plus dude got an industry woman he goes out with and other obligations.

The Jackson State is a good fit for him right now. He will definately end up getting a group of 5 job if he keeps progressing. But he can also stay HBCU and create sort of a dynasty type of deal.

Deion is done coaching at 6pm. He has stated this in an interview i recently watch this weekend. He stated "go home to your kids, be a father to your family". Deion said all them hours those coaches said they are putting in they aint doing nothing but watching Fred Sanford in the facility lol.

That honestly is the interesting part. Which is why all the Ed Reed coaching talk is funny...i dont think he would pull even half of that. Deion though has the ability to do it and has coached longer but i still think he aint a 16 hour a day type. Plus dude got an industry woman he goes out with and other obligations.

The Jackson State is a good fit for him right now. He will definately end up getting a group of 5 job if he keeps progressing. But he can also stay HBCU and create sort of a dynasty type of deal.
This makes sense, and frankly maybe he has figured out that a lot can be accomplished with 8am-6pm. But I wonder about the recruiting as that requires getting in cars and on planes. Barstool won’t recruit everyone for him.

I agree but I wouldn’t surprised if stayed for the reasons you gave. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he retired after 3 more seasons

Advertisement
Back