🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
Is King an infallible Burrow/Tu'a level QB? No.

Was he the #2 ranked QB (behind Kyler Murray) by PFF college in 2018? Yes.

He has clear strengths that can be leveraged for a highly successful offense. He throws a very accurate deep ball and he's a legit big play threat as a runner with what look to be 4.4 wheels. Chunk plays matter. He's also experienced with the RPO and understands the patience, timing and ball placement to execute it well.

Lashlee is a better pass game OC than Briles. I watched King at Houston and there were a lot of isolation routes and 1-route pass plays. On 3rd and longs he looked like HS Tate running around for his life trying to make plays out of structure - and it often worked. Lashlee will provide him more answers through design so he can make quicker decisions inside of structure.

King doesn't have a power arm, his pocket movement is loose and he's not a guy who makes progression reads and anticipates throws. He's also small obviously. Those are the limitations. But if our receivers can get a sliver of separation on 1on1 vertical routes he will punish the press man single high looks that have owned Miami for years. And his running ability makes him dangerous on option plays, QB draws and scrambles. One thing Briles did well is design run plays for King and I hope Lashlee steals some.

/assumes no "players notified" rug pull

I just don’t think he’ll pull a JW and lead the “ go through the motions “ crew and publicly announce to the press and the NFL that when times get tough he’ll lead his team in failure.

The King will be shocked a QB leader would do such a thing

Advertisement
Manny Diaz needs to close the leaks in his house. Period.

When you are not in the good graces of the local media, BOT, fans or anyone at UM for that matter..you don’t have any secrecy anymore. He did last summer. Not anymore.

Advertisement
Get out cheech and Chong out of here and get a real QB. Y’all probably smoking on the same **** Jarren is if you dont think King is heads and shoulders better than those dudes.

While that's definitely true, that almost pathological, overarching need for attention and the "everyone look at me" attitude while increasingly common, is also incredibly counterproductive. It's why so many of the recruits who think they are the next big thing and god's gift to sports end up having a very rude awakening when things don't quite work out how they envisioned. They end up crashing and burning hard instead of coping and moving on.
Not true. **** near all blue chips do that. Gotta point towards the value of strong coaching,parenting & values. When a kid is coached up by a staff of MEN they understand the transition. They understand the value of humility. Any kid will tell you they're told everything and anything to get you here. Once you're here all that other **** is dead. That person no longer exists. It's time to build. It's the kids who cant come to grasp with that who crash and burn.

Advertisement
Huge get by Manny if confirmed to be true. I liked what one poster said regarding the difference from Tate to King was Tate’s potential versus King’s production. Lord I pray that Navarro didn’t ***** this up for Miami. A QB with King’s numbers could really thrive in Lashlee’s system. Imagine Jordan and Mallory with 6+ TD’s apiece. Or say a Pope or other WR catching 10+ TD’s? Who wouldn’t want to come play in that system if you’re an offensive kid in 2021?

You think a tweet from Navarro is going to undo everything you highlighted? Kid knows Miami has talent, has been underachieving, and going in there for one year and with promise he will be featured in a high octane offense surrounded by this talent will be his ticket to NFL.

Advertisement
King ain’t coming here. Y’all knew this was a long shot.

Miami media didn’t help either

Not true. **** near all blue chips do that. Gotta point towards the value of strong coaching,parenting & values. When a kid is coached up by a staff of MEN they understand the transition. They understand the value of humility. Any kid will tell you they're told everything and anything to get you here. Once you're here all that other **** is dead. That person no longer exists. It's time to build. It's the kids who cant come to grasp with that who crash and burn.

You hearing anything from the inside on King? I think it's telling that we haven't seen a tweet from Manny yet.

Advertisement
Back