🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
A qb who is an equal threat to run and throw keeps a defense on their heels. Add to that quick reads and getting the ball out quickly will reduce the number of sacks simply by scheme. Enos' offense depended on qb making progressions in their reads and slow developing play action. It could work with a Wisconsin or Alabama oline but not with ours. In our case scheme and the right fit at qb for Lashlee's offense will dramatically improve our oline play.

Tom Herman says hello.

"...

"Most coaches I talked to told me about my height," D'Eriq says. "Even coaches on my high school team were telling me I won't be able to do it because of my size. I'd kind of just brush it off, and it'd add fuel to the fire."

His dream of staying at quarterback lasted six months.

Injuries hit the receiving corps hard during his first fall camp, and senior Greg Ward Jr. was returning as the starter at quarterback after leading the team to a 13-1 record the previous year. So Tom Herman, Houston's former head coach and currently the coach at Texas, asked D'Eriq and his father if D'Eriq could switch to wide receiver. Although the move was billed as temporary, it forced Eric and his son to mull their options."

..."

Advertisement
It’s starting to look like more information is coming to light about Jarren. He really is Suitcase.
People can trash the kid all they want but hide behind a computer doing so. He’s still a kid at the end of the day, has he earned his criticism? Yeah but what more needs to be said at this point? Barry jackson’s read last week smelled like an expose hit piece that usually comes at celebrities from paparazzi , not qbs in their 2nd year in college🤷🏾‍♂️. wasnt nothing normal about that whatsoever(neither were some of jarrens actions) but still..

Last edited:
I think since a decision has to be made by Tuesday and we have not heard about any other QB visiting (Chase Bryce or Anthony Brown) King has told the coaches his intentions or they would be scrambling right now. I would expect something to come out later via Twitter.

King is very kyler murray esque, the comparisons are valid too with obviously the same type of stature but more importantly play style

He is listed at 5'-11".

Doable, but height makes it harder.

Brees, Murray, etc aside of course.

Advertisement
I didn’t wanna say it, but yep. Not the only one. By far.
Mannn, I was a Vixens man. Only strip club I been to besides Cheetahs once (hot wings were fire!). My boy took me to DD & told me their women are BAD! I'm like yea yea. Bruh, we walked in on a day shift & their women looked like night shift for other clubs. At this point, my head is on a swivel, I cant focus on the 1 talkin to me cause other baddie walks by. Then one asks me if I want to get a private dance. I'm married & declined, but lord knows if she asked 1 more time I was going to risk it all!

I can't go to DD anymore. Would lead to trouble for me lol

People can trash the kid all they want but hide behind a computer doing so. He’s still a kid at the end of the day, has he earned his criticism? Yeah but what more needs to be said at this point? Barry jackson’s read last week smelled like an expose hit piece that usually comes at celebrities from paparazzi , not qbs in their 2nd year in college🤷🏾‍♂️.

Hes not a kid let’s get that out of the way

A qb who is an equal threat to run and throw keeps a defense on their heels. Add to that quick reads and getting the ball out quickly will reduce the number of sacks simply by scheme. Enos' offense depended on qb making progressions in their reads and slow developing play action. It could work with a Wisconsin or Alabama oline but not with ours. In our case scheme and the right fit at qb for Lashlee's offense will dramatically improve our oline play.

I don't believe it will improve line play.

It will, however, be better fit to mitigate their substantial shortcomings in the passing game. Although honestly, if any OL can ***** up the quick pass scheme, it will be this one.

They will still struggle with consistent push and opening holes in the run game.

Advertisement
Williams has his issues but he still performed better than Perry 🤷🏾‍♂️ and it’s not all that close. This isn’t about either of them, king is an upgrade over them next season, who gives a Fvck

I would agree with you that Jarren performed better, when he was not threatening to walk out or partied in a Friday. Not sure when you say it’s not close but I see where you’re coming from.

I would also agree that King would not only be an upgrade, but a big upgrade IMO

People can trash the kid all they want but hide behind a computer doing so. He’s still a kid at the end of the day, has he earned his criticism? Yeah but what more needs to be said at this point? Barry jackson’s read last week smelt like an expose hit piece that usually comes at celebrities, not qbs in their 2nd year in college🤷🏾‍♂️.
Hide behind a computer? This is a message board. We’re all behind a computer or phone and we’re giving opinions based on what we’re seeing. Did you see me call him a POS or something absolutely abhorrent and hideous? I addressed specific behavior being reported and said the suitcase adjective fits.

And Barry Jackson put out a hit piece on Jarren??? Lol. “Come on now.” Jarren did everything to Jarren. You’ve really taken caping to the next level on this one.

Tom Herman says hello.

"...

"Most coaches I talked to told me about my height," D'Eriq says. "Even coaches on my high school team were telling me I won't be able to do it because of my size. I'd kind of just brush it off, and it'd add fuel to the fire."

Injuries hit the receiving corps hard during his first fall camp, and senior Greg Ward Jr. was returning as the starter at quarterback after leading the team to a 13-1 record the previous year. So Tom Herman, Houston's former head coach and currently the coach at Texas, asked D'Eriq and his father if D'Eriq could switch to wide receiver. Although the move was billed as temporary, it forced Eric and his son to mull their options."

..."

I see that more as Herman trying to get his best players on the field vs. you should consider a permanent position switch. Anyhow that is all history and you have a pretty sizeable chunk of data to evaluate him as a qb1.

Advertisement
Does seem like we have accepted that King is vastly superior to a coached up whomever we have. I hav no idea. But I assume that Lashlee isn’t overwhelmed by the current QB roster or we wouldn’t be wining and dining.

And if their jobs are on the line, I hope they broke every NCAA rule that needed to be broken to get it done. Just have a good coverup.

We were shut out by Louisiana Tech, you can blame Enos all you want but let’s not forget our QB stats in that game.

JW - 9/20 = 94 yards. 1 int.
Perry - 5/13 = 52 yards. 1 int.
Tate 1/1 = 7 yards - lol

Tom Herman says hello.

"...

..."

They moved him there for the year while Ward was still there. Your quote even says so. ha. and you calling me mupppet and sweetie? You corny af. ha.

This is what loses ya'll credibility.

You throw out that he's coming with conviction. But then you cover your *** & say "unless something changes".

All that is, is a fall back. I have 0 resources. Before King even hit the portal, I could have said he will be here unless something drastic happens. Then boom, I look like I'm right. Then, when he doesnt come, I can make up some bs on what went wrong.

A lo of ya'll are just guessing because guys are on a visit & our classes are starting. Similar to Highsmith. All these stories coming out & HS out his mouth said he was just consulting UM the whole time. Ya'll reach at things often & stir excitement not knowing what's true or not.

Great talking piece though but I certainly figured out the pattern

Dude I’m not making jack off this ****, I said the staff was told he was coming , I posted that even though I rarely post that stuff anymore. Just for this reason. Three hours later ivins says the same thing I posted , only difference is he charges people.

I said we’d have a Grad transfer kicker by early Jan, I said that before ivins. It happened so I hear no **** talk.

Point is all I can go off of is what the staff thinks or feels, that’s why I now put “ the staff feels good or bad” about a recruit. Or just stay away from recruiting stuff in general. Because they’ve proven to be ofc on their feelings.

But there is a reason why all the players are texting crowns , they are under the impression he’s coming.

I’ve been right waaaaaaay more than I’ve been wrong ,but tbh I could care less if I have credibility. I’m not a journalist , a writer or making money off this. I’m not even on twitter.

So If you don’t like my posts , my journalistic integrity just block me and move along. It’s a free board for god sakes , no need to be a douche bag.

Advertisement
Back