🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Advertisement
Frankly, as dynamic as he is, if he came and didn't impress Lashlee as a QB, he would still be a major addition at WR and KR, and he's indicated a willingness to play WR in the past.

Hes a heisman candidate at QB, and wed put him at WR? Sounds like something wed do. That will be right in line with moving Rousseau to safety.

Has he seen our offensive line and receivers? Lol. I don’t get why he would come here over a school like LSU, Oregon or Oklahoma but I would be very happy if he comes. He is very good

He wouldn’t come here if any of those schools really wanted him. If he ends up here it’s because they weren’t interested.

Advertisement
Hes a heisman candidate at QB, and wed put him at WR? Sounds like something wed do. That will be right in line with moving Rousseau to safety.
Not my point at all, but thanks for playing. I was responding to the guy who had doubts about how good of a QB vs an athlete that King is. Point is even if his fears came true and King washed out as a QB, he's got a level of ability and a skillset at WR that we don't have on the team, and would be a major upgrade to the team even at that position. Therefore, getting him here would be great no matter what.

King is joining several others in the CIS rafters of greatest of all time players that aren’t really that good. There’s a reason he quit this year to put in work at WR for the NFL. Because he’s not that good of a QB.

The Lashlee offense.. just like the Malzahn offense... isn’t that good until you put a guy in it that can make all of the throws which King can’t do.

Of course I could be completely wrong and he could be Lamar Jackson-like. I never should have said anything in case he’s actually good. I’m skeptical
You listen to too much fan chatter, friend. He quit to try to be a WR, yet he’s coming back this year to play QB? Makes a ton of sense.

I’m not putting anyone in any rafters other than you for giving us the Penos moving ticket. But King is a dynamic COLLEGE QB, which is all I care about.

He’s a perfect fit for the Lashlee mix of Malzahn’s offense, which runs optimally with a QB who can run, and the Air Raid, which relies on simple reads and getting the ball out. When a QB can run like King, it makes the reads in the throw game even easier because the defense is always having to keep defenders cognizant of him taking off and picking up 20.

Advertisement
King is joining several others in the CIS rafters of greatest of all time players that aren’t really that good. There’s a reason he quit this year to put in work at WR for the NFL. Because he’s not that good of a QB.

The Lashlee offense.. just like the Malzahn offense... isn’t that good until you put a guy in it that can make all of the throws which King can’t do.

Of course I could be completely wrong and he could be Lamar Jackson-like. I never should have said anything in case he’s actually good. I’m skeptical
youn and I are probably better throwers than Nick Marshall and Malzahn made the national title with him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny thing about that one. I have a good friend on that staff and when the WR faxed his papers over. They thought it was a joke and they had to call the kid to make sure they weren't getting punked.
How’s your friend feeling about D’Eriq King?

You listen to too much fan chatter, friend. He quit to try to be a WR, yet he’s coming back this year to play QB? Makes a ton of sense.

I’m not putting anyone in any rafters other than you for giving us the Penos moving ticket. But King is a dynamic COLLEGE QB, which is all I care about.

He’s a perfect fit for the Lashlee mix of Malzahn’s offense, which runs optimally with a QB who can run, and the Air Raid, which relies on simple reads and getting the ball out. When a QB can run like King, it makes the reads in the throw game even easier because the defense is always having to keep defenders cognizant of him taking off and picking up 20.
This

Advertisement
Back