šŸšØ Biggest Canes Twitter Space ever - Portnoy, Ruiz, Big Cat, DBC, Ariz, Malki Kawa, Joy Taylor + more šŸšØ

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dave is essentially doing what we do and making fun of DBC, but he also does like the Canes more than most schools. Even though heā€™s absolutely terrible and Iā€™m almost laughing too hard to type this, he sees his version of himself in our old school teams. Me against the world, eff everyone, etc. Thatā€™s who he thinks he is. So he thinks he identifies with us. But mostly, itā€™s just a running gag at DBCā€™s expense.
Portnoy is definitely a **** ( especially to his enemies) and is all about content 100% of the time.

But the thing is he is pretty loyal and really doesn't give a **** and like you said is a me vs the world mentality kinda guy. I mean like dude has fired like one employee in his entire life lol. Guys that are completely useless.... I think he'd be a good dude to have on our side at least. And I think he's definitely trying to get a bigger footprint for barstool in Miami.

They definitely make fun of DBC. But if you know about other guys they have hired that are "personalities" a lot are kinda like this. At the end of the day for him everything is content. And just talking with DBC is content for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In all seriousness, as a Boston guy, a marriage between UM and barstool would make a lot of sense. A lot of Portnoyā€™s critics stem from him being anti-establishment. Some will be skeptical because it also means heā€™s anti-woke, but heā€™d be a great ambassador for the ā€œus against the worldā€ mentality that #theoldmiami used to have

Last edited:
Advertisement
Portnoy just made a really good point about NIL.

Basically said you have to do three recruiting classes each year - HS players, players in the portal and your own roster to keep them from leaving.

He also said Miami should have inherent advantages in said recruiting due to location and people like Ruiz doing NIL deals.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back