🚨🚨OFFICIAL MIAMI-BAMA PREDICTION THREAD🚨🚨

My heart tells me “call it 35-33 canes”, my little pea brain says “we’ve been crushed by the elites every time we’ve played and last years UNC run game tells me its 52-17 Bama.”

To me this is a prove it game for us. Can we stay mentally tough against a really solid team? Or do we start trying to do too much and get blown out?

I truly do think we can hang. I’ve seen worse teams than us game plan their way into a slugfest with Bama.
I’m excited and scared all at the same time! LOL

Advertisement
I'll be shocked if we score 20

just too much going against us, from the refs, to the 50 head coaches bama has in the booth, to the talent of their defense.

38-14 bama

Advertisement
I predicted Bama 37-20 so no argument there or about the pressure against this type of prediction from some. I think the season can be a success at 10-2 as well and he won’t be in trouble at 9-3 either. It’s acceptable progress to me coupled with strong recruiting opportunities if he pulls out double digit wins with the bowl game. We’ll see what it looks like though. I don’t think Bama really matters the way some think. Of course a win would be huge but no one outside of a core group of our fans consider it realistic. FSU, UNC… all of that is what impacts us.
I can maybe accept 10-2 IF it’s not against UNC (second loss against some random team not named FSU). If Mack makes Mandy his bltch again, that tells me there is zero progress. Also depends when and how that second loss happens. If it’s towards the end of the schedule, you can bet on an end of season collapse again. Bowl game L and Clemson blowout. This is the most I’m willing to sunshine pump but it’s reasonably giving Mandy a chance still after a disastrous showing thus far. I know of many that feels the same way.

9-3 regular season is a prime example of delaying the inevitable firing. Most will delude themselves into thinking that’s progress after a pathetic first two years. This is the most experienced team we’ve seen in a while and if that’s the best he can do, he’ll really be in trouble year 4 when King is gone. I’ll help pack his bags back to FSU.

Last edited:
Canes shock the world. I don’t think the Bama hype is real.
While I agree that if there was a season to beat Bama it would probably be this one, I also realize that this is more about the Bama formula than anything else. Bama is 65-5 over the last 5 years and has played in 5 of the last 6 national championships. The combo of talent depth and system is what makes them pretty pretty good.

I think the hype is pretty legit.

While I agree that if there was a season to beat Bama it would probably be this one, I also realize that this is more about the Bama formula than anything else. Bama is 65-5 over the last 5 years and has played in 5 of the last 6 national championships. The combo of talent depth and system is what makes them pretty pretty good.

I think the hype is pretty legit.
History says even dynasty’s have down years. Yes, Saban created a machine and Bama will get their 10 wins but they replace way too many pieces and staff for me to link this team to those past teams. This team, although loaded, still needs to do it on the field.

Miami had an incredible run in the mid to late 80’s then lost to a bad BYU team. These things happen.

Advertisement
Don't get butt hurt because every year you guys say this is the team to break the double digit win season and win a bowl game, but every year we fall short at the end of the season. As well as get blown out by every team who has a competent coaching staff. I love this team but they have to show me they are great.

Don't get butt hurt because every year you guys say this is the team to break the double digit win season and win a bowl game, but every year we fall short at the end of the season. As well as get blown out by every team who has a competent coaching staff. I love this team but they have to show me they are great.

Show me you’re afraid to root for your team without telling me you’re afraid to root for your team.

Advertisement

just too much going against us, from the refs, to the 50 head coaches bama has in the booth, to the talent of their defense.

38-14 bama
THE GAME AIN'T EVEN STARTED AND WE'RE ALREADY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFS?! FFS..

Bama 41
Miami - 20

for us to win everything must go right for us and almost everything must go wrong for them.

someone earlier mentioned coaching. If our coaching staff is legitimately improved and more experienced we might do better but they have yet to prove it against decent teams in the manny era.

as to talent we probably have close to as much talent as any team they will face this year. This is a true measuring stick for this program to see how far we are away from the elite teams this year. Last year we didn’t play so well against Clemson.

Last edited:
I expect to see a lower scoring game than what the experts are predicting, which of course bodes well for the underdog. And I believe most agree with me, as the total opened around 64 and is down to 61.5, depending where you shop.

I expect the game to be close at the half. First games of the season are usually a little sloppy anyway, and I believe both defenses will have an advantage early on as I do not expect the Bama offense to be incredibly sharp right out of the gate, and I do expect the Bama defense to be able to control our OL. Something in the neighborhood of 17-10, 13-10 wouldn't surprise me. We also have an excellent punter who should be able to flip the field and in the event that we do stall, not give Bama the ball in position for easy points.

So I think I walk to Chic-Fil-A at halftime absolutely in the ballgame and with optimism. The 2nd half will be the story. We know they're deeper, we know they have 43 head coaches on their staff to help make adjustments. How is our conditioning, how well do we adjust to their defense, and can we create pressure up front for 60 minutes? Bryce Young is way too good to be crap for an entire game if he has clean pockets to throw from. But if we can force a turnover, maybe 2 in the 2nd half, I really think this can be a game in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement

38-14 bama
If we only score 14 points, Lashlee gotta be looked at with the side eye afterwards. Not saying he should be on any hot seat, but we gotta start looking at him with a magnifying glass. 14 points against a secondary that got 40+ hung on them by Ole Miss and with a QB that is a legit Heisman hopeful would be concerning. I know Bama beat writers are spewing this garbage that this is the best Bama D in over a decade but I feel like they said that every year.

I can maybe accept 10-2 IF it’s not against UNC (second loss against some random team not named FSU). If Mack makes Mandy his bltch again, that tells me there is zero progress. Also depends when and how that second loss happens. If it’s towards the end of the schedule, you can bet on an end of season collapse again. Bowl game L and Clemson blowout. This is the most I’m willing to sunshine pump but it’s reasonably giving Mandy a chance still after a disastrous showing thus far. I know of many that feels the same way.

9-3 regular season is a prime example of delaying the inevitable firing. Most will delude themselves into thinking that’s progress after a pathetic first two years. This is the most experienced team we’ve seen in a while and if that’s the best he can do, he’ll really be in trouble year 4 when King is gone. I’ll help pack his bags back to FSU.
U have to understand UNC is recruiting at a high level it's not like those dudes are chumps anymore. They are beating bama for prospects so they have talent.

This game won't be a coaching staff game they out talent at every position on the field.

Advertisement
Back