“Manny Diaz is like Tyler Herro.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Riley didnt go all in for Harden (who wanted to be here if he couldnt get to Brooklyn), he aint going all in on Beal. JMO.

Anyway, cant wait to listen to this one. The TRob one was must listen as well.

Advertisement
If Riley didnt go all in for Harden (who wanted to be here if he couldnt get to Brooklyn), he aint going all in on Beal. JMO.

Anyway, cant wait to listen to this one. The TRob one was must listen as well.
All in has to be reserved for the Greek freak! Land him some how and now we’re cooking with grease again.

Blasphemy. Kid is a baller
PER - 12.1, down from his rookie year where he struggled for long stretches
3P% - .310
FT% - .786
TS% - 54%, below his rookie year and well below league average
TOV% - 15.7
BOX +/- = -3.4

The reputation as a "baller" reaffirms my point - right now he's a volume bucket-getter with superficial appeal, not a player who provides efficient winning basketball. The Heat are 7-13.

Likewise Manny Diaz makes flashy offseason moves and talks like a coach who gets it, but on the field has failed to get the job done to date. Both are young in their respective roles and have shown flashes. The book isn't closed on either but right now this is how it is.

The reputation as a "baller" reaffirms my point - right now he's a volume bucket-getter with superficial appeal, not a player who provides efficient winning basketball.

He played more playoff minutes than any 20-year-old ever. He was the youngest player to start a Finals game since Magic. He's a winner.

In terms of comparisons, he's a better player than Bradley Beal at the same age.

He played more playoff minutes than any 20-year-old ever. He was the youngest player to start a Finals game since Magic. He's a winner.

In terms of comparisons, he's a better player than Bradley Beal at the same age.
I was giving a snapshot of the present ("right now"). The value of regular season vs playoff sample sizes (especially in a strange bubble environment) is a whole different debate that frankly I'm not even qualified to discuss.

Obviously if Herro can bottle the shotmaking, playmaking and defense he showed in the playoffs and do that over an extended stretch then the hype is warranted.

Advertisement
Back