“It’s Okay to Be Disappointed With Mario Cristobal” - Oregon Writer

Advertisement
LOL

I’m old enough to remember when we expected to play for a title every year because we in fact do that.

We are all “10 wins is good now” bros.

You have a faulty memory. We only played for titles in spurts of 2-4 year periods, more or less. Those periods were punctuated, surrounded, by years of not playing for titles. Look at the history

Advertisement
For some of you younger guys, the Oregon expectations amongst their fans is how it USED to be at Miami, although it was warranted. Butch almost got run out of town.
love “it was warranted.” Mario has gotten more talent than usual to Eugene, but their expectations should not be comparable to that of Miami fans. Miami from 1983 to 1998 is not in the same stratosphere as Oregon from 2006 to 2021.

Advertisement
If Nick Saban and Alabama never came along there would be a lot of coaches whose tenure with teams would be much longer. The expectations are ridiculous. Going 10-2 on average with an undefeated season every 5-10 years should be the ceiling. Nowadays, two losses gets you fired.

If you have a chance to get into the playoffs every year then you should take that and live with it all day long.
Urban didn’t help either. The fact is that very few HCs have that type of success.
In 1990, Miami went 9-2, and the fans were furious..
We were dominant back then and the closest thing to this current Bama run, but even then they have surpassed on everything but our high end NFL talent and the Bama bust narative is starting to fall apart.

I am not sure i follow. I did not read the whole article so maybe that is the disconnect. I was just stating that the EXPECTATIONS of our fans used to be pretty high and it was not uncommon to see reactions that would appear to SOME TODAY to be a little out there.

I am simply saying Miami fans’ expectations in the past were more warranted than theirs (Oregon) today, when you consider the success of the Miami program. I am sorry for any confusion.

Do you have two identities on the site, because I was responding to somebody else, so I’m just going to guess you go back-and-forth between two identities.

Advertisement
Do you have two identities on the site, because I was responding to somebody else, so I’m just going to guess you go back-and-forth between two identities.

No sir it was a mistake and no i do not have two identities. My apologies, i tried to go back and put No Post but you got to it too quick lol

No sir it was a mistake and no i do not have teo identities. My apologies, i tried to go back and put No Post but you got to it too quick lol

No problem. I was just confused because I was responding to someone else. I wouldn’t worry about it

Advertisement
There doesn’t seem to be any notice among the Duck Faithful of this program at all. No fear of Cristobal leaving.

LOL

I’m old enough to remember when we expected to play for a title every year because we in fact do that.

We are all “10 wins is good now” bros.

Yeah.

After 2005, we fired something like 4 assistants because of consecutive three-loss seasons. The widespread belief was that Coker himself would get fired if we had a third straight three loss season. (As it turned out, Coker pretty much mooted the issue by losing six games and having the FIU brawl.)

By 2017, a three loss season was considered a reason for massive celebration.

Advertisement
Back