“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).
Lost to Portland State once. Multiple times??????????

131 - 82 lifetime record. 6-7 in Bowl games.

There's a reason why every, and I mean every major program has turned this guy down, he's at his best in a place like Lubbock, Texas or Pullman, Washington.
Maybe some elitist have a problem with people who are a little eccentric. Richtirement would've never gone to Lubbock or WASU and had the same success as the Pirate . Apples and oranges.....

Maybe some elitist have a problem with people who are a little eccentric. Richtirement would've never gone to Lubbock or WASU and had the same success as the Pirate . Apples and oranges.....

No one cares that he is eccentric. People care that he takes a top ten team into Berkeley and loses 37-3. When that offense crashes, it crashes in a big way.

I'm very neutral on Mike Leach. I think many of his detractors do not understand and/or accept his successes as valid. And his fans tend to overstate those successes. As for me, the big concern I have is that Leach has spent his entire coaching career in conferences that play subpar defense. (The "Biggie and Pac" 12's).

Advertisement
No one cares that he is eccentric. People care that he takes a top ten team into Berkeley and loses 37-3. When that offense crashes, it crashes in a big way.
Who asked you, chump. Stay off my posts. Your words of wisdom are like a stale **** on a sidewalk at a homeless camp.

Who asked you, chump. Stay off my posts. You're words of wisdom are like a stale **** on a sidewalk at a homeless camp.

Translation: "I have no idea how to respond to the facts that you post, so I'm going to resort to lame middle school insults".

That's all you had to say.

Yeah those FCS teams in years 4-5 are just a *****. Portland State and Eastern Washington are tough teams man.

Advertisement
Who asked you, chump. Stay off my posts. You're words of wisdom are like a stale **** on a sidewalk at a homeless camp.

*Your

That kind of thing happens when you're scared of making the your/you're mistake, but you literally don't know which one to use. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Maybe Leach is the answer, maybe he isn’t. All I know is we need innovation on the offensive side of the ball, and we need it yesterday. If that’s Leach so be it. If that’s hiring BBB, then let’s get it done. All I care is that the U is apart of the upper echelon of college football again, and is playing consistently enough to bring home 10-2/11-1/12-0 seasons on the regular. Find an offensive mind to go with what we’re doing on the defensive side, and watch us skyrocket up the rankings and back to playing in major bowl games and/or CFP.

I am a Leach fan through and through. I know the reasoning some of you who disagree give, but I don't care. If he can win with 1 and 2 star Washington State athletes, he'd kill it with 3 and 4 star Florida athletes. Accompany his offensive mind with an aggressive 4-3 defense, and watch those south florida kids Leach 'could never relate to' buy into him and the program.

Michael also won at DESOLATE Lubbock, Tejas ( Yeah, yeah, yeah he never won a conference titles. So what. The point is he had consistent winning teams. ). Go figure. For example, both Pullman and Lubbock ( Are those towns even on the map? ) arguably speaking are VERY DIFFICULT enclaves to recruit, and sign, either Five-Star or Four-Star prep players. And as you mentioned above, Michael would have Top 20 offenses year in and year out. The only thing negative about him is his defensive acumen. He likes to out score opponents, but that just don't work against LEGITIMATE Power 5 schools. Think Boomer Sooner.

The bottom line is you have a Leach on your sideline, and have a defensive coordinator akin to Manuel, then Miami will be a LEGITIMATE Top 10 team faster than a NYC minute. And eventually a college football playoff team. Yikes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Translation: "I have no idea how to respond to the facts that you post, so I'm going to resort to lame middle school insults".

That's all you had to say.
What I have to say is simple. What ever you have to say makes no difference to me.

Advertisement
Lost to Portland State once. Multiple times??????????

131 - 82 lifetime record. 6-7 in Bowl games.

My mistake. He lost to Portland State once. I was confused with his other FCS lost to Eastern Washington in 2016.

But sure, Leach would kill it here, even though he's lost to multiple FCS schools in his career while having a clear talent advantage.

Lost to Portland State in year 4. You guys have the longest ******* leash in history for any coach who isn't on our sidelines.

I'd venture to guess that Portland State team would have given Pitt 2017 or Duke 2018 a run.

Again, you cannot claim the moral high ground when comparing small market programs that do not have any kind of significant elite level football history to the UM job. We have the history and the turf to make us different.

Michael beat Miami, though. Think the Sun Bowl out western Tejas way. hUh.

Yeah sure. The year Al Golden was fired and we had James Coley calling HB passes in the snow on a potential GW drive.

But yeah, if he beat Miami (at arguably its lowest point as a program) than sure that's the barometer of a successful coach. Why don't we go grab Cutcliffe while we're at it as he's beaten Golden AND Richt.

Advertisement
Back