“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Ignore the messenger, listen to his story at 3:50. Shows how other coaches view our talent. How are we 5-5?

Goes to prove my point, the troll did us in, she wanted yes men and didnt want a headcoach with a law degree. She was definitely a double agent, none of the ones with that big 10 stench that came here wanted to see us rise back to the top. One things for sure, we would've been punishing teams consistently and his mindset fits perfectly with how we brought p down here. It would've been comical of leach was the coach here, im still laughing at when he put that commentator's sun in he shed during practice, had him complaining on t.v. now i dont see him commentating no more!

Advertisement
giphy.gif
The man loves you. You should be appreciative. You poorly educated can be so fickle.

Yeah but my man @PinellasCane talked to him last year. We want to believe...

Lol I know pathetic but so is the state of our program

Haha. Was it in Key West? Leach has a house there next to Dale Earnhardt Jr. Just heard some interview where he said Chip Kelly was down there staying with Leach too. Draw your own conclusions.

Advertisement
There's only one problem with the entire Leach thing: He rarely, if EVER lands elite recruits. Even guys at out of the way schools tend to occasionally land some talent. Look at Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State for an example of that phenomenon. Leach doesn't relate well to elite kids, and if you want to win titles, you need to land some guys that are difference makers. Never mind the fact that Leach, throughout his career has consistently fielded awful defenses, and guess what? You can't win every game 55-50. There's a reason why every, and I mean every major program has turned this guy down, he's at his best in a place like Lubbock, Texas or Pullman, Washington. A place where winning 8 or more games yearly is perfectly fine, and the occasional big year will get you God Status. That isn't going to fly in Miami. Richt is on his way out, and he's done far more than Leach, both have been leading programs for about the same amount of time.

There's only one problem with the entire Leach thing: He rarely, if EVER lands elite recruits. Even guys at out of the way schools tend to occasionally land some talent. Look at Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State for an example of that phenomenon. Leach doesn't relate well to elite kids, and if you want to win titles, you need to land some guys that are difference makers. Never mind the fact that Leach, throughout his career has consistently fielded awful defenses, and guess what? You can't win every game 55-50. There's a reason why every, and I mean every major program has turned this guy down, he's at his best in a place like Lubbock, Texas or Pullman, Washington. A place where winning 8 or more games yearly is perfectly fine, and the occasional big year will get you God Status. That isn't going to fly in Miami. Richt is on his way out, and he's done far more than Leach, both have been leading programs for about the same amount of time.

His band of pirates just jumped OSU* in the AP, into the #8 spot.
That pitch is a **** of alot stronger than what Rick sellin these days..

The reality is college football has changed and we’ll never handpick South Florida again. (Even if Butch came back at 100)

We need a guy who can win without having as much talent as Bama

His band of pirates just jumped OSU* in the AP, into the #8 spot.
That pitch is a **** of alot stronger than what Rick sellin these days..

Congrats, he's on his way to his SECOND 10+ win season in his career. This is as good as it gets for him, and as we've seen, they've tried to give games away of late. I still think UDub rolls them because Petersen is a superior coach, and it's not particularly close. Leach is the kind of guy that works if you have low expectations, but as we've seen from the Miami fanbase time and time again, 8-10 wins won't get them off of your back.

Advertisement
The reality is college football has changed and we’ll never handpick South Florida again. (Even if Butch came back at 100)

We need a guy who can win without having as much talent as Bama

Miami has never handpicked Florida. That's a longstanding myth. Even when things were going well, Miami would lose elite kids, because some want to be recruited a certain way. That said, missing out on more elite talent than we currently are isn't going to make things better. A guy like Matt Campbell would be able to recruit, and coach well enough to win at Miami. Same with Dino Babers, who brings all the Leach offensive fireworks, without the weird personality that would turn recruits, the media and donors off.

That said, it's all a moot point, because Richt isn't getting fired this offseason, and he most likely isn't going anywhere for another 2 years.

My problem with him is fit, u have to be able to recruit at UM. If u cant recruit u wont do well, its a school that u have to be able to recruit well and u have to get the top kids thats when we r at our best. Some fans think we can stack 3 star sfla and win a title, thats a fairy tale no matter how good and x and o guy u are.

Mork is supposedly a QB guru, yet in year 3 we juggling QB's like high school. Leach finds some QB nobody's ever heard of and in no time he's throwing for a million yards, he's 10 x the QB guru Mork is. I have also noticed ML is running the ball much more and playing some actual defense, so he CAN adapt. I want Butch, but I would settle for ML, I never never been on board with Mork, I was disappointed the minute I heard we hired him. To extend him was just insanely stupid, BOT learned NOTHING from the AG fiasco

Congrats, he's on his way to his SECOND 10+ win season in his career. This is as good as it gets for him, and as we've seen, they've tried to give games away of late. I still think UDub rolls them because Petersen is a superior coach, and it's not particularly close. Leach is the kind of guy that works if you have low expectations, but as we've seen from the Miami fanbase time and time again, 8-10 wins won't get them off of your back.

Minus all the other concerns, does Leach seem like the kind of guy that has a personality fit to deal with not only the recruiting nonsense of this area but the criticism he'd get personally the moment things go south?

This isn't a pressure cooker type of environment like the most extreme college jobs but it'd certainly be in comparison to his previous jobs where outperforming a low bar has kept him golden.

I could absolutely see him directly insulting our fanbase and the community in general the moment he hears talk of banners flying when he turns in one of his trademark 8 win seasons.

Advertisement
Also want to add we do not get the best athletes anymore that **** had to be written in ancient times on scrolls

You're calling Stanford elite? Would love to know which was the last time Stanford won a national championship?

Don't believe the hype.
Referring to academics,
I'd trade our elite FB record for theirs over the last 15 years too..

Advertisement
Academics went down under the midget, they are now below Ufag, can't even use it in recruiting anymore, why even bring it up

Mike Leach with his Confederate MAGA *** is going to do well sitting in some Liberty City/S Fla recruits home and establishing pipelines with high school coaches, like this is Texas or Washington?
You must be out of your fing minds.
Those liberty city kids don’t seem to have a problem living with going to school with and playing in front of thousands of maga wearing confederates up in Tuscaloosa, Athens etc

Advertisement
Back