“Gattis sucks!”

So in order to stretch the field we need recievers who run sub 4.5? I don't know their times but we tried to stretch the field multiple times between smith,George,orroyo,Parrish etc. Van dyke couldn't connect. That's not on gattis to throw the ball & catch it. But don't act like we're not attempting to call them. As of last week or the week prior you'd be absolutely right. But this week we came out aggressive as the game plan called for and we laid down & let them do what they want. & Since you mentioned the fourth down play, you're again putting all blame on gattis with the route tree. Watch that play again and see how he was locked onto brashard off rip, while if he simply looks the safety off you have a reciever running a wide open post that converts for a big play... Would that have been a good enough option? Regardless the point in a 4th down play call is to run a play that has a high probability of conversion. That was an easy conversion if breshard simply does his job. Not sure how any of that is on gattis. But y'all gonna believe what you want & I'm not gonna try and change no one's opinion. You brother, know enough about the game that an open mind would go a long way.
I saw that guy getting open above Brashard on the 4th down too. He had time and could have had a TD right there.

Advertisement
w
apparently nobody in this board remembers Booing the offense and play calling off the field last year.. Short term memories for everyone in this fanbase. similar to knowing we would lose, then lose, then lose your mind that we lost. bunch of Bi Polar mofos
when you gonna realize gattis isnt it? he wasn't it at Michigan either.

We have struggled for 18 years in the ACC. This year will be no different.
Smh indeed... Some of y'all ain't never gonna be happy till it's at the barrel of your own pistol. If you don't see the difference from the APPROACH OF THE GAME now from then not really much point to the conversation. ALOT of physical front 7 in the acc I guess...

If it was Diaz those names wouldn't even be on the table. And Dorsey was in line for the Bills job and Brady is right there with him. If they don't want to recruit then stay in the NFL. what a dumb post..
Manny did hire Bamas Co-OC. gattis wasn't good in his first two seasons as the sole oC at Michigan.

Smh indeed... Some of y'all ain't never gonna be happy till it's at the barrel of your own pistol. If you don't see the difference from the APPROACH OF THE GAME now from then not really much point to the conversation. ALOT of physical front 7 in the acc I guess...
I agree with what you said regarding Gattis, the PLAYERs just didn't execute at ******* all.

BUT what I will disagree with is Cristobal not going for any TDs down 2 possessions. I'm sorry, but some of these decisions on his part were also just poor, and playing scared imo.

Advertisement
My only main issue with Gattis is pace/tempo. Im not as down on him as every one else.

Im down on the wrs though. But that aint nothing new.
I can agree with that. But you also gotta consider the fact it's a team game... As a oc calling a fast tempo offense with wr's who are currently dropping more balls than they are catching how can you with a clear conscience speed up the game? Your defense will be dead by half time & despise the other side of the ball. Early in the game we had a quicker pace than the drops started and we had to open up the running game. But early we were exclusively passing the ball. That's a true depection of what gattis wants to do with this offense. Once we get in players we can count on I think you'll see slightly more of that. Unfortunately this drop issue is starting to get into everyone's head. Hopefully we figure all that out ASAP. Cause that's not an issue we can tolerate.

I agree with what you said regarding Gattis, the PLAYERs just didn't execute at ******* all.

BUT what I will disagree with is Cristobal not going for any TDs down 2 possessions. I'm sorry, but some of these decisions on his part were also just poor, and playing scared imo.
We were down 11. It's simple common sense. We need a field goal regardless. So why do we force a 4th down attempt where we've been struggling all night only to potentially end the game at that point? It was absolutely the right call IN THAT MOMENT. Where I'd agree is calling rpo at that point knowing how shook Tyler was. Is simply a bad call. I'd rather flat out call a run play than an rpo where Tyler potentially runs the ball. Because a running back scores on that play where tight end and gaurd pulled and Tyler took it inside where it should've gone outside.

We were down 11. It's simple common sense. We need a field goal regardless. So why do we force a 4th down attempt where we've been struggling all night only to potentially end the game at that point? It was absolutely the right call IN THAT MOMENT. Where I'd agree is calling rpo at that point knowing how shook Tyler was. Is simply a bad call. I'd rather flat out call a run play than an rpo where Tyler potentially runs the ball. Because a running back scores on that play where tight end and gaurd pulled and Tyler took it inside where it should've gone outside.
No we were down 14 on the FG in the 3rd. It was 4th and goal from the 4 yard line, losing 17-3 when we decided to kick a FG. That is absolutely the wrong call to cap off a nice 6minute drive in a game where we've settled for FGs 3 times before that (one missed, another blocked)

We had 4 drives that were 12+ plays for 65yds, 73yds, 71yds, and 83yds, and got a combined 9 points.

Advertisement
No we were down 14 on the FG in the 3rd. It was 4th and goal from the 4 yard line, losing 17-3 when we decided to kick a FG. That is absolutely the wrong call to cap off a nice 6minute drive in a game where we've settled for FGs 3 times before that (one missed, another blocked)

We had 4 drives that were 12+ plays for 65yds, 73yds, 71yds, and 83yds, and got a combined 9 points.
I thought u meant the late game field goal when we were down 11. I can see your point on that to an extent. BUT we were grasping for straws in my eyes by then. It's tricky because it was still a close game. Coming out of that with no points could lead to the team giving up on themselves which would've been even worse. But I get it we gotta take chances at some point. But ideally you want the risks you take to be calculated with a decent probability of success. I'm not sure we were capable of that. Honestly no one is saying any of this if borragalles hits on his two field goals & if tyrique doesn't attempt to field that ball and run it out. That's what blew out game. We win otherwise even with everything else that went on.

I thought u meant the late game field goal when we were down 11. I can see your point on that to an extent. BUT we were grasping for straws in my eyes by then. It's tricky because it was still a close game. Coming out of that with no points could lead to the team giving up on themselves which would've been even worse. But I get it we gotta take chances at some point. But ideally you want the risks you take to be calculated with a decent probability of success. I'm not sure we were capable of that. Honestly no one is saying any of this if borragalles hits on his two field goals & if tyrique doesn't attempt to field that ball and run it out. That's what blew out game. We win otherwise even with everything else that went on.
I mean yeah The 2nd field goal made solid sense after the first one. I just didn't like the first one at all.

Yeah I agree - I'd put Tyrique ******* up as worse than Borragales missing tbh. It was just so dumb and predictable. But them happening back to back was kind of a game killer.

The infuriating thing about this game was I really did feel like we were the better team and outplayed them - even with a QB that we know if very talented playing very poorly, some bad drops, dumb *** PR, and missed kicks.

The difference was enos couldn’t run and was getting sacked left and right
At least he’s running controlling the los
And he’s not getting sacked once a series

Have you looked at his offense at Maryland? That offense was in the top 25 last season and currently in top 10.

Problem with Enos he never adjusted his play calling to his personnel. But he had a crappy oline and qb room. Two ingredients that would make any OC look horrible.

There is blame to give all around but it’s hardest to give it to TVD because he was supposed to be our savior this year. Reality is that he has been off the first 3 games. Drops were a problem for sure. Some of the play calling can be frustrating because as fans we wanted a more exciting fast paced offense that utilized talent in the open field.

Still at the end of the day, we hoped that TVD was that dude and that dude wills us to a victory on Saturday. The OL showed up and held up. It was then up to TVD to do the **** thing. It was talked about all week how 8-4 had a talent advantage but the one place we had them beat and what gave us a chance was we had the best player at the most important position. Well we gained 27 first downs and nearly 400 yds but only scores 9 points. Like I said, plenty of blame to go around but TVD needed to be better and that sucks because he was supposed to be that guy.

Advertisement
Not having Restrepo hurt more than anything tonight. Not because he is an elite WR but TVD obviously trusts him. He is not able to move from 1 target to the next quick enough. We didn't give enough credit to Rambo last year. He is not confident throwing the ball to the other guys.
Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Advertisement
It's funny that he has been locking on to WRs for 3 years but CIS couldn't figured it out until GT. Couldn't be me.
There is a reason Charleston Rambo had the year he did, but CIS thought he was just good, despite not even sniffing an NFL roster. But Lashlee da Gawd. Then Gattis stinks. Dawson stinks.

But not TVD until like a week ago.

There is a reason Charleston Rambo had the year he did, but CIS thought he was just good, despite not even sniffing an NFL roster. But Lashlee da Gawd. Then Gattis stinks. Dawson stinks.

But not TVD until like a week ago.
That could happen when u have a new completely different offensive design every year. But maybe all the ACC QBs except Travis sucked because none of em have been good since 2020 with different offenses.

Advertisement
Back