“Gattis sucks!”

Advertisement
Dee - respectfully then what should we do? We have TVD and we have Gattis. If he’s not grasping it, do we:

A) simplify it for him (OC responsibility)

B) make a change at QB to someone who can run it the way it’s supposed to look if the incumbent can’t grasp it.

C) Middle ground in terms changing alignments, personnel and changing some concepts?
Myself I've been said (for a college game)I think Jake is our best option. But all that ain't necessary. You don't abandon a kid like Tyler that does have a world of talent just because of some struggles. Main issue is he doesn't trust his recievers to make plays. Gattis needs to drill into his head not every play needs to immediately be checked down to your safety valve when you realize your initial read isn't an option. Gattis also needs to use more motion to create some advantages for the limited options we do have. Lastly expand the rotation cause I personally don't need to see anything else out of Redding. That was on me he would be scout team here on out. But that won't happen cause we don't want to potentially risk burning a bridge with img. We're gonna be fine. It's important to remember this is 3 games into the season year 1 of what is essentially a rebuild(whether we wanna see it that way or not).

Its an RPO read and the decision was made by Van Dyke to keep.
It was not an RPO. Go look at Lu's screenshot. There is nobody running routes on the play side so there is no Pass option. At best it was read option and TVD decided to keep instead of handing it off. I haven't gone back and watched it but in real time it looked like a designed QB run which is a pathetic call

Advertisement
If you don’t trust him to make the throw then why have him out there? There has to be a happy medium here, no? That you wouldn’t trust your QB that you run 3 times and just kick a FG.
He apparently would never let TVD throw the ball into the end zone.

So in order to stretch the field we need recievers who run sub 4.5? I don't know their times but we tried to stretch the field multiple times between smith,George,orroyo,Parrish etc. Van dyke couldn't connect. That's not on gattis to throw the ball & catch it. But don't act like we're not attempting to call them. As of last week or the week prior you'd be absolutely right. But this week we came out aggressive as the game plan called for and we laid down & let them do what they want. & Since you mentioned the fourth down play, you're again putting all blame on gattis with the route tree. Watch that play again and see how he was locked onto brashard off rip, while if he simply looks the safety off you have a reciever running a wide open post that converts for a big play... Would that have been a good enough option? Regardless the point in a 4th down play call is to run a play that has a high probability of conversion. That was an easy conversion if breshard simply does his job. Not sure how any of that is on gattis. But y'all gonna believe what you want & I'm not gonna try and change no one's opinion. You brother, know enough about the game that an open mind would go a long way.

My only main issue with Gattis is pace/tempo. Im not as down on him as every one else.

Im down on the wrs though. But that aint nothing new.

It's easy to look 10x beeter when the scheme revolves around you and the teams you play are suspect. I'd imagine the rest of the year y'all won't have issues with anything because we don't really have too many more competitive games on the schedule. Our run game will have to carry us this year while everything else develops.
We have multiple more competitive games left and TX am is a middle of the road team. We have some better defenses to face coming up

outside of a few redzone calls, I thought Gattis was solid last night..
Stats are for losers but the numbers speak for themselves. We ran the ball. We moved the chains. Didn’t turn the ball over.

In the red zone, no so much…

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it's fair game to ask how much better (or worse) the offense would look if Cristobal had hired Joe Brady for OC as was rumored in the off season. I can't remember if it was Brady or Dorsey that was supposedly a done deal. We'd be crucifying Diaz if he'd ended up with his 3rd choice coordinator and he struggled out of the gate.

It's not that weird. The red zone obviously becomes more compact and it's all about execution. If the box is packed the run game becomes less of an option and recievers have to make plays and qbs have to make precise throws. Two things we struggle at.
It’s amazing how fans do not understand it becomes difficult to have success in the redzone because of limited space. This is where Gattis and TVD need to be more creative and efficient. Unfortunately, we’ll miss X in these moments.

80% of Our fans don’t know what football is, they just seek attention and scream on message boards about firing everyone.

Red zone playcalling? Yeah I wasn’t a fan at all.

Now running the ball effectively and generating 400 yds of offense, with 27 first downs despite 6-7 drops + terrible blocking by crap WRs? Yeah I like that.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
It’s amazing how fans do not understand it becomes difficult to have success in the redzone because of limited space. This is where Gattis and TVD need to be more creative and efficient. Unfortunately, we’ll miss X in these moments.
jump-balls on fades. Gotta take advantage of mismatches and make defenses work.

These threads are like watching Wendy
The slow adult, Beetlejuice, and gary the conqueror go at it. On top of our fans being stupid, they’re beat their chest retarded.

It's not that weird. The red zone obviously becomes more compact and it's all about execution. If the box is packed the run game becomes less of an option and recievers have to make plays and qbs have to make precise throws. Two things we struggle at.

Was there ever a throw attempted in the end zone? I don't remember any. That would be one criticism.

Advertisement
These threads are like watching Wendy
The slow adult, Beetlejuice, and gary the conqueror go at it. On top of our fans being stupid, they’re beat their chest retarded.
Post of the day.. They double down on dumb and fail to realize we moved the ball up and down the field.

I think it's fair game to ask how much better (or worse) the offense would look if Cristobal had hired Joe Brady for OC as was rumored in the off season. I can't remember if it was Brady or Dorsey that was supposedly a done deal. We'd be crucifying Diaz if he'd ended up with his 3rd choice coordinator and he struggled out of the gate.
If it was Diaz those names wouldn't even be on the table. And Dorsey was in line for the Bills job and Brady is right there with him. If they don't want to recruit then stay in the NFL. what a dumb post..

Advertisement
Back