“Gattis sucks!”

Advertisement
So in order to stretch the field we need recievers who run sub 4.5? I don't know their times but we tried to stretch the field multiple times between smith,George,orroyo,Parrish etc. Van dyke couldn't connect. That's not on gattis to throw the ball & catch it. But don't act like we're not attempting to call them. As of last week or the week prior you'd be absolutely right. But this week we came out aggressive as the game plan called for and we laid down & let them do what they want. & Since you mentioned the fourth down play, you're again putting all blame on gattis with the route tree. Watch that play again and see how he was locked onto brashard off rip, while if he simply looks the safety off you have a reciever running a wide open post that converts for a big play... Would that have been a good enough option? Regardless the point in a 4th down play call is to run a play that has a high probability of conversion. That was an easy conversion if breshard simply does his job. Not sure how any of that is on gattis. But y'all gonna believe what you want & I'm not gonna try and change no one's opinion. You brother, know enough about the game that an open mind would go a long way.
I have to go back and watch the game but I think Herbreit or maybe it was McShay during the telecast that pointed that out regarding TVD locking on and not looking off safeties.

It has been an issue to back last year and it’s been worse this year so far. Other posters here without any experience have also been able to point that out about TVD. So I am with you there. I still think Gattis can do a little more to help him but then again maybe he has and maybe many of us just don’t know to what extent.

758, 729, 627, and some with 400'ish yards.

Do you know what those numbers are? The top WR numbers for receiving yards under a Gattis led passing offense. In three years, that's it.

Let me guess, he didn't have a QB and his guys couldn't catch either.

Nothing is ever one players fault. It's naive as **** though to blame one part of a systemic problem.

You want to know what sucks?

Watching Romello Brinson miss 349 blocks and then I have you dweebs complaining about playing him more as if there was another 0 on the field.

You know what sucks? The fact that y’all clamored for all these dudes that couldn’t catch Covid in the middle of Wuhan then have to read mindless drivel about getting the same guys dropping football “into space” like you’re in some other universe where they’re making plays.

Where on god‘s earth do you watch this game and come away thinking Gattis is the issue? He’s got WRs who couldn’t separate loose leaf paper and also can’t block. A QB that couldn‘t hit water if he fell out of a boat and a TE that can‘t even un**** himself.

What voodoo did you want him to pull out tonight? We couldn’t even complete a simple ******* screen tonight with somebody missing a block or dropping a ball but you wanted to go uptempo and some basic routes? What routes? They couldn’t even separate on crossing patterns.

All I saw was the hometown heroes y’all continuely swear by commit ****up after ****up after ****up. How about start actually start holding players accountable for once? Maybe if we left tropical park like we did back in the 80’s and 90’s we‘ll actually find guys that can catch the football.
No issues with Gattis other than his red zone offense. Seemed to have an aversion to the end zone inside the 20 while his offense was effective the other 80 yards.
Weird.

Advertisement
Advertisement
North Carolina and Virginia didnt happen, apparently.
Those were his first two games, Bender. Even then, the offense scored a lot of points and a missed kick and a last minute INT don’t change the fact.

This is right here. Additionally, for the most part, I didn't have an issue with what Gattis was doing. The opportunities were there, and our guys could not capitalize. Not saying this is us, but remember, UGA was god awful in Kirby's first year until they started the turnaround. It's gonna take some time for us.
Georgia's offense was mediocre longer than Kirby's first year

Advertisement
No issues with Gattis other than his red zone offense. Seemed to have an aversion to the end zone inside the 20 while his offense was effective the other 80 yards.
Weird.
I have no issues with my car, except when I need to go to the grocery store it doesn’t work.

Advertisement
Weird.
It's not that weird. The red zone obviously becomes more compact and it's all about execution. If the box is packed the run game becomes less of an option and recievers have to make plays and qbs have to make precise throws. Two things we struggle at.

He looked 10X better in those games than he has at any point this season.
It's easy to look 10x beeter when the scheme revolves around you and the teams you play are suspect. I'd imagine the rest of the year y'all won't have issues with anything because we don't really have too many more competitive games on the schedule. Our run game will have to carry us this year while everything else develops.

It's easy to look 10x beeter when the scheme revolves around you and the teams you play are suspect. I'd imagine the rest of the year y'all won't have issues with anything because we don't really have too many more competitive games on the schedule. Our run game will have to carry us this year while everything else develops.
SMH

the offense was never humming get a hold of yourself. the offense routinely turned the ball over multiple times, score 0-3 points in a half. the offense also couldn't gain a yd running the football ever. the offense last year made splash plays that resulted in a 7-5 record
This is the problem when people can't comprehend what they're watching. It's always tvd was a stud because they look at the yards he threw for & winning a few games etc. But let's play no attention to his completion percentage,his turn overs,the fact majority of his yardage came to Rambo on chunk plays or on extended handoffs essentially to Harley because we had no running game and lashlees was trying to keep a defense honest. Last year's offense and tvd we're seriously flawed. Whether anyone can realize it or not it's night and day RIGHT NOW from where we were last year. We're seeing growing pains with recievers and with Tyler because neither had much asked of them last year. By mid season I'm sure Tyler will show plenty of progression in his game and same goes with wr room as we start to filter out the people who don't provide results. I'm pretty sure we'll see snaps for everyone now so we get an accurate depection in live action what we got in each one.

Advertisement
Back