Background on McIntosh/Norton leaving

orange&green84

All-ACC
Looks like agents played a part in pumping sunshine on McIntosh's draft grade. Also interesting that Norton made the decision to jump first. I thought that McIntosh was going to be dictating how this would go.

Miami Hurricanes a Top 10 team in early 2018 football polls | Miami Herald

▪ He said Richt, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski — during their meeting with the McIntoshes on Saturday — said they were told he would likely be a third- or fourth-round pick, but that agents told the McIntosh family that he would be picked “late first or no later than the third round.”

Advertisement
Looks like agents played a part in pumping sunshine on McIntosh's draft grade. Also interesting that Norton made the decision to jump first. I thought that McIntosh was going to be dictating how this would go.

▪ He said Richt, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski — during their meeting with the McIntoshes on Saturday — said they were told he would likely be a third- or fourth-round pick, but that agents told the McIntosh family that he would be picked “late first or no later than the third round.”

Shades of Kaaya !!!!

yeah dont listen to the coaches. listen to the guys who never played the sport lol

Wow smh these kid will never learn ******* scumbag agents will do anything to lie to these kids for $$$

I hope it works out for them, but if it doesn't I hope future juniors LEARN A LESSON. Oh who am I kidding. As long as there are shady agents, there will be kids buying what they are selling.

Advertisement
1anjib.jpg

Unfortunately this happens every year, at every school. All the agents care about is getting paid in cases like this.

Now that they’ve made the decision I hope it pays off for them. I think RJ will be fine but I have no idea what Norton is doing. He’s not going to be able to join his buddy on a rooster

I think RJ is going to do well in the combine. I'm still thinking he's a late 1st or 2nd rounder.

Advertisement

[video=youtube;-70XZP8y7e8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70XZP8y7e8&list=RD-70XZP8y7e8&t=27[/video]

Sorry, too many Norton references, especially since it was implied that he was driving the train.

Anybody know if they signed with PFS Agency? Rumor has it they were in Baltimore last week. Not exactly big dogs but a UM alum (master's), gal named Samatha Sankovich is their Director for Marketing. Product Line Manager at UA before that. Looks like a Baltimore chick.

Looks like Kendrick bought into the bs. The way the article was written doesn't sound like RJ's dad was overly enthused by his decision.

For their sakes, I hope these kids aren't getting screwed.

In relation to us specifically, it'd seemingly almost make no difference is these draft evaluations ceased to exist. It also doesn't help that we're also a community full of "fans" that root for a kid to get instant financial gratification and get paid ANYTHING ASAP.

The only thing that may remotely work (and it's unlikely that many of them would ever do it) would be for a Yearby, Kaaya and probably Norton to maintain a good enough relationship with the program to be able to come back and warn future kids about listening to agents and gurus.

Don't agents make more money the higher the players actually get drafted? Doesn't make much sense

Advertisement
Don't agents make more money the higher the players actually get drafted? Doesn't make much sense

A lot of them just go for pure quantity and it's an industry so many people try to crack into that many of the smaller firms will do and say anything just to get kids signed to them- even if half of their "clients" end up dumping them for a bigger/better agency before they actually sign their deal.

Yes, but they also make more money with more clients. I believe they get a max of 3% of the contract. They will try to get big fish but they also lure guys like these and sell them on going high and will take w/e they make as opposed to losing out on them now, having them go back to school and them being bigger next year and getting another agent.

RJ is rated the 16th DT by some draft board, fairly accurate scouting by them last year. The guy rated 16th by them last year went in the 6th round. So, there’s that.

Advertisement

Anybody know if they signed with PFS Agency? Rumor has it they were in Baltimore last week. Not exactly big dogs but a UM alum (master's), gal named Samatha Sankovich is their Director for Marketing. Product Line Manager at UA before that. Looks like a Baltimore chick.

Looks like Kendrick bought into the bs. The way the article was written doesn't sound like RJ's dad was overly enthused by his decision.

For their sakes, I hope these kids aren't getting screwed.

You must write some shark OPRs

People Of Baltimore Voted Least Attractive In US « CBS Baltimore

Tough to hear that if one would have stayed then the other would have. Putting aside how silly that sounds in terms of a decision strategy, it sure would be nice to have both back. Big, big difference with and without them.

Oh well.

As a real estate agent, the same mindset occurs with sellers. Clients more frequently sign with an agent who gives them an inflated value for the property. Once signed, it sits for a while then the agent marks price down to market value but has the client. First cousin of bait and switch.

McIntosh 4th rd'r, probably 5th rd. Norton 6-7 rd'r, possibly not drafted....these guys are adults along with family members that advise...so let's stop blaming agents. These cats decided to bolt and they have every right to do so...wish them all the best and hope they make a team. Somehow survive the NFL for 8-10 years so they can get a pension.

Advertisement
Back