Trending UP!

Advertisement
Ministers of propaganda in soviet era russia admitted failure with less excuses and deflection than Al and his vanguard of failure.

Lmao at trending up.

Here's a real dose of reality for you lunatics. You wanna know how Golden is doing lately? The end of his 3rd year, start of his 4th have been a ******* disaster and a nightmare. These numbers should get you fired from Wake Forest.

- Al Golden is 3-7 in his last 10 games vs Power 5 conference teams
- Average loss by 19 points
- Al Golden is 1-5 in his last 6 road games
- Defeated by an average of 17 points
- Al Golden is 6-7 in his last 13 games overall

**** outta here. "Oh he has a top 5 class for 4016!" You're the same people that were beating your chest last December about his class, What happened? The thing fell apart.

And it doesn't matter anyway, more recruits for the staff to waste? If programs kept coaches on because of one class Ron Zook would be roaming the UF sidelines this weekend. Use your brain fvckboys.

Miami doesn't need a recruiting class, it needs a competent coach.

Last edited:
Awful post. Year 3 we returned 20 of 22 starters, one of whom was Mike James who was replaced with Duke Johnson. Get the **** out with that young team bull****. Last year was disgraceful and this year, year 4 is looking like the worst year of this losers tenure yet.

Yes, that was last year. We went from 7-5 to 9-4. We probably go 10-3 or 11-2 if Duke didn't get hurt against FSU. I didn't mention this team being young. I just said that the senior class is small so we have a lot of depth coming back next year.

What does Duke getting hurt have to do with VT, Duke, and UL putting a combined 1,500 yards on us?

Advertisement
I just can't get how any reasonable Cane fan can continue to defend this guy, do you not want your team to win? We have been horrible for years and he has shown nothing to make you think it will improve while he is still here. FIRE HIS *** NOW!!!

OP's long winded regurgitation of Golden's tenure is devoid of any analysis. The only plausible conclusion from sifting through Golden's record on the football field and in recruiting is that UM will continue to be what it has been every year under Golden's leadership - a mediocre ACC team with 3-6 losses.

I feel what the Op is saying. but what you fail to realize is...... Golden is terrible at GAMEDAY coaching. Sure he did decent his first year when no one in the aCc knew his coaching strategy.

But now that its clear what type of coach he is there is no secret amongst other coaches that he coaches NOT TO LOSE and thats why we get worse and worse because he has been figured out.

And the only thing carrying this guy along at this time is the talent and other teams blunders.

If the guy could develop guys and had ANY type of gameday flair or rhythm then you wouldnt need to post all of those excuses for his lack of success.

If the guy was losing 1 or 2 MAYBE even 3 games a year in close bouts then all of the slurping would be justifiable.

But if you have any inkling of football knowledge youd know watching us play that this guy and his staff are in over their heads.

For the record, this is how you reply to a post.

Advertisement
Clearly guys, the answer is the Golden just needs to unleash his players. He just needs to let these kids play.

Advertisement
I feel what the Op is saying. but what you fail to realize is...... Golden is terrible at GAMEDAY coaching. Sure he did decent his first year when no one in the aCc knew his coaching strategy.

But now that its clear what type of coach he is there is no secret amongst other coaches that he coaches NOT TO LOSE and thats why we get worse and worse because he has been figured out.

And the only thing carrying this guy along at this time is the talent and other teams blunders.

If the guy could develop guys and had ANY type of gameday flair or rhythm then you wouldnt need to post all of those excuses for his lack of success.

If the guy was losing 1 or 2 MAYBE even 3 games a year in close bouts then all of the slurping would be justifiable.

But if you have any inkling of football knowledge youd know watching us play that this guy and his staff are in over their heads.

Thank you for your reasonable arguments. I agree with most of your post but just view it differently.

Golden is terrible at GAMEDAY coaching.
I agree with this, but so was Butch. My hope is he gets good coordinators around him or great players like Ed Reed to compensate for that. Players like Reed and Dorsey made Coker look like the best coach in America in 2001.

I sort of agree with this but I think the Play not to lose is tied to other team blunders. He believes that the team with the least turnovers and penalty will win. all good teams in college rely on talent. Tell me how Ole Miss and Miss St. competes in the SEC, talent alone will not win games. I agree with the philosophy but not the approach. Personally I want to us be more aggressive to force the mistakes.

I agree with this, but I think last year was the first time he really had a team capable of winning 10+ games. This year has been disappointing for me so far but I'm excited to see how they finish the year. The emergence of Kaya has really given me hope for the future. I did not see us winning the ACC with Williams this year... Kaya has the potential to be NC QB, something we have not had for a while.

Trust me, I get frustrated watching the games just like you... I'm just trying to put things in perspective. It's not all bad and there are a lot of positives.

There can be no positives when we are wasting talent week in week out. Louisville is not a good team, GT has been exposed as the pretenders that they are the last two weeks. VT is also a dumpster fire who we should be able to easily defeat. If we get our doors blown off Thursday in Blacksburg you must change your stance and accept the fact that Golden is terrible and must be fired. Thursday is make or break for Golden. If we get smoked he will have zero defense, no legs to stand on. He'll be a walking corpse with no chance at winning the coastal, motivating our team, or ammunition to hold back the growing mob.

I've given up on Al so the results from games are no longer of concern to me when discussing if he should stay or go. It's hard to win an NC with the best team so I have zero faith that he can coach up a good miami squad to that level. Al is a decent human though and I am a huge fan of the team, because of that I am not in the camp rooting for VT to **** on us. If that does happen it's going to get really ugly and I will actually feel sorry for Al because he is going to go through one of the worst experiences of his entire life. I also as a fan can't take how depressing this season has been, the dissension among the fan base and vitriol between the slurpers and the haters is becoming unbearable. I desperately want something positive to brighten my season but week in and week out I continue to be disappointed. Not one game this year have I watched the clock hit zeroes with a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart.

My question to anyone, on any side of the fence, is have you? And why?

Last edited:
Butch Davis was a Superbowl Champion winning defensive coordinator. Comparing Al as a tactician is laughable. The guy's resume is paper thin compared to Butch's, and he's not putting kids in the league the way Butch did after a few seasons at UNC. Terrible talent development.

Well the last time Butch was coaching in the same crappy ACC coastal division he never had a winning record in the ACC in 4 years. Oh yeah with all that NFL talent that his staff cheated to recruit the best they could do was 8-5 even in his 4th year. He ended his 4 year stay with a stellar record of 28-23 and left the team under investigation for academic fraud. I love Butch for helping rebuild the U 15 years ago but lets all move on with our lives and try not to relive the 90s.

In his fourth year the NCAA suspended half his starting lineup for stuff that happens at every SEC school in the country times 10.

Secondly, it's not black an white: winning championships as an assistant or player doesn't guarantee anything. Neither does not winning. But when you are expecting Al Golden to just turn into Butch, it might make sense to compare how vastly different their resumes were when they got hired at UM.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;2032738 said:
I desperately want something positive to brighten my season but week in and week out I continue to be disappointed. Not one game this year have I watched the clock hit zeroes with a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart.

My question to anyone, on any side of the fence, is have you? And why?

Carter Hucks. Seeing how the team and school has rallied around that kid is the highlight of this program going back a very long time. Who knows, maybe a Make-A-Wish kid is the stimulus that finally gets the program over the hump. I hope so. Confidence remains low, but the team seems to have at least gotten this one right.

Advertisement
Butch Davis was a Superbowl Champion winning defensive coordinator. Comparing Al as a tactician is laughable. The guy's resume is paper thin compared to Butch's, and he's not putting kids in the league the way Butch did after a few seasons at UNC. Terrible talent development.

Well the last time Butch was coaching in the same crappy ACC coastal division he never had a winning record in the ACC in 4 years. Oh yeah with all that NFL talent that his staff cheated to recruit the best they could do was 8-5 even in his 4th year. He ended his 4 year stay with a stellar record of 28-23 and left the team under investigation for academic fraud. I love Butch for helping rebuild the U 15 years ago but lets all move on with our lives and try not to relive the 90s.

In his fourth year the NCAA suspended half his starting lineup for stuff that happens at every SEC school in the country times 10.

Secondly, it's not black an white: winning championships as an assistant or player doesn't guarantee anything. Neither does not winning. But when you are expecting Al Golden to just turn into Butch, it might make sense to compare how vastly different their resumes were when they got hired at UM.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Butch was one **** of a coach, but anytime you hire a young HC with no prior HC experience you are always taking a chance, regardless of who they coached under or played for. We took a chance on Butch and it paid off, not so much with Coker and Shannon. At least Golden had some HC experience before getting this job. He had a reputation for building a program from the bottom and that was why we hired him, to turn the program around.

He has his share of coaching flaws and I'm not expecting him to turn into Butch but he has also done a lot of good for this program since he got here. There have been a lot of let downs in his tenure mainly because he has brought a lot of hope which was desperately needed during the dark period after Shannon left and the NCAA investigation. People are tired of hoping only to be let down and I get that, I'm one of them. But to hate people for trying to be positive about any aspect of the team while *****ing about anything that the coach or media "sources" say is getting a little ridiculous. Fly all the banners you want and complain all you want but stop bashing other fans just because they either are not as negative about the team as you or choose not to bash coaches and players who are more a part of the U family than most of us posting on the board will ever be.

Can never root against the Canes, I just can't.

We have by far the worst fans in the history of college sports.

I do not support this staff, but will always support the kids and this program.

I also have a pretty good feeling that Golden will not get fired this year, so flying "Fire Al Golden" banners is just scaring away any quality coach who might consider replacing him in the future.

So you are doing way more harm to the future of this program than any good.

Not to mention all the recruits that won't want to play for a fan base like this, who hopes for their team to loose for Christ sake. SMH

Now negg me all you want

Have you watched any games? If so, did you watch any games before say 2004? A lot of effort went into that post. To bad Al has not put as much effort into a honest evaluation of his defense and his staff. Al has recruited better than he has coached. He has talked better than he recruited. And last he has b.s. better than he has talked. In short, he needs to run for office not run a football team.

Advertisement
Back