Trending UP!

Advertisement
2-17 against teams that have finished the year with 7 or more wins.

You're honor. The defense rests.

Where does the defense get his data from? Your FireGolen.com website?

let's see where do I start?
1. We played 20 teams that had 7 or more wins from 2011-13 (not including non-major conference teams).
2. We won 8 of those games and lost 12.

2011 (6-6)
Wins (2): NC (7-6), GT (8-5)
Loses (4): Kansas St (10-3), VT (11-3), Virginia (8-5), FSU (9-4)

2012 (7-5)
Wins (3): GT (7-7), NC State (7-6), VT (7-6)
Loses (4): Kansas State (11-2), ND (12-1), NC (8-4), FSU (12-2)

2013 (9-4)
Wins (3): GT (7-6), NC (7-6), Pitt (7-6)
Losses (4): FSU (14-0), VT (8-5), Duke (10-4), Louisville (12-1)

We played like a team that had an average record of 7-5 in the past 3 years. We beat most teams that had 7 wins or less and lost to most teams that had 7+ wins. Nothing too surprising here. Not a great stat but definitely better than the 2-17 that you claim…

You can check the facts for yourself if you really cared to know the truth.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-fl/

I know you hate Golden and want him out of here but making **** up to fit your agenda is just wrong.

Not only are you an idiot...but you went through all that and didn't catch the fact that I simply made a typo.

2-17 against teams with MORE than 7 wins. That's counting the win against Duke this year (and that's really giving you a freebee since it's no guarantee Duke ends up with more than 8 wins).

Go ahead, re-check the math *******.

Are you for real? Have we even played 17 teams with more than 8 wins? It was not a typo. Did you mean to type 1-12 in addition to your 8 or more? If you at least used canesrdynamite's points, I would not have said anything.

We've only played 13 major conference teams with 8 or more wins since Golden got here not 19. Yes, 1-12 is bad. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying we have been a average 7-5 team in the past 3 years, why does it surprise you that we lose to teams that are 8-5 or better? 8 of those 12 teams had double digit wins, which we have not had here at Miami since we were still in the Big East in 2003. Let that sink in for a moment. No I'm not happy with 7-5, and I'm not happy with losing any games, but the whole point of my original post was to keep things in perspective. They are not as bad as you think and Golden and staff is not the only reason why we have been 7-5 in the last 3 years.

Last edited:

1. We played 20 teams that had 7 or more wins from 2011-13 (not including non-major conference teams).

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

We played like a team that had an average record of 7-5 in the past 3 years. We beat most teams that had 7 wins or less and lost to most teams that had 7+ wins. Nothing too surprising here. Not a great stat but definitely better than the 2-17 that you claim…

I know you hate Golden and want him out of here but making **** up to fit your agenda is just wrong.

Golden is 1-12 vs teams that end up with 5 losses or less. And he has only beaten one team with 8 wins. The one win was 8-5 GT in 2011.

Based on the stats you just posted.

This is correct. I'm not disputing that we have not had any signature wins over a great team in the past 3 1/2 years. We've played like our record for the most part.

We were a 6-6 team in 2011 with a lot of talent but a lot of suspensions (Maryland) and upperclassmen who checked out for the NFL (BC). That team should have been at least 8-4 and could have finished 10-2 if the things went well.

In 2012 we were a young 7-5 team. We lost to 4 teams that were better than us at that point and 1 on the road to Virginia team by 1 point. Read my initial post, we were not that good after losing all our Seniors and our best juniors.

2013 we became a better team, we ended up 9-4 and 2 of the losses were to pretty good teams (FSU, Louisville). The other 2, we ****ed up. We beat most the teams we were suppose to beat and lost to the ones that were better than us. Like I said in my original post, I believe we win at least 1 more game with Duke healthy.

2014 has been disappointing so far but I do think we have a better team than GT, Nebraska and Louisville. If we played them at this point in the season, I believe we win all 3. Blame the coaches for the these losses, that's fine, just don't make up stats like 2-17, that is ridiculous.

Well, we lost to UL, Neb, and GT already this season. Duke, Neb, Louisville, and FSU have a shot at 8 wins. Best case for Al after this season is 3-12, but will likely be 2-15 vs teams with 8 wins.

Prior to this year at UM he is 3-13 vs teams that were ranked when we played them (0-9 vs teams that finished ranked). For his head coaching career he is 0-11 vs teams that finished ranked, and 11-37 vs teams that finished with a winning season.

He's got a system. His system does not beat good teams. We will never win the coastal, let alone the ACC, a Jan 1st bowl, or any other big time game with him as coach. It is not in his DNA.

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

Not only are you an idiot...but you went through all that and didn't catch the fact that I simply made a typo.

2-17 against teams with MORE than 7 wins. That's counting the win against Duke this year (and that's really giving you a freebee since it's no guarantee Duke ends up with more than 8 wins).

Go ahead, re-check the math *******.

Are you for real? Have we even played 17 teams with more than 8 wins? It was not a typo. Did you mean to type 1-12 in addition to your 8 or more? If you at least used canesrdynamite's points, I would not have said anything.

We've only played 13 major conference teams with 8 or more wins since Golden got here not 19. Yes, 1-12 is bad. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying we have been a average 7-5 team in the past 3 years, why does it surprise you that we lose to teams that are 8-5 or better? 8 of those 12 teams had double digit wins, which we have not had here at Miami since we were still in the Big East in 2003. Let that sink in for a moment. No I'm happy with 7-5, and I'm not happy with losing any games, but the whole point of my original post was to keep things in perspective. They are not as bad as you think and Golden and staff is not the only reason why we have been 7-5 in the last 3 years.

:stephenahand:

Advertisement
That's a whole lot of excuses there.

That pretty much sums up all his posts in this thread.

It's like a Don Bailey Jr convention on how to be Don Bailey Jr.

Mods should give OP the Don Bailey carpeting guy as his avatar.

This guy.

If you think Al Golden has done anything to warrant staying here, you are a clueless imbecile and that's the bottom line. He's the worst coach at UM since Carl Selmer.

You sure know how to add value to the board with your insightful comments and negs. Why do you even bother to comment on a post from a cluessless imbecile like me?

Hurricane Warrior, we suck. We're not getting better either.

2011: 3-5
2012: 5-3
2013: 5-3
2014: 1-2

We're in dire need of immediate change. After Duke and VT last year, he should have lost everyone. UL should have confirmed that belief and the PSU BS was way too much for a bum. Now he lost to UL and GT, regression at best.

This guy.

If you think Al Golden has done anything to warrant staying here, you are a clueless imbecile and that's the bottom line. He's the worst coach at UM since Carl Selmer.

You sure know how to add value to the board with your insightful comments and negs. Why do you even bother to comment on a post from a cluessless imbecile like me?

All the stats are laid out for you. We suck. We don't even compete against teams that are slightly above average. We get blown out by teams who don't bring in the level of talent we do. All of this has been posted on this board before, so I don't feel the need to do it again and give you the opportunity to come up with more and more excuses.

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

Golden is 1-12 vs teams that end up with 5 losses or less. And he has only beaten one team with 8 wins. The one win was 8-5 GT in 2011.

This is correct. I'm not disputing that we have not had any signature wins over a great team in the past 3 1/2 years. We've played like our record for the most part.

We were a 6-6 team in 2011 with a lot of talent but a lot of suspensions (Maryland) and upperclassmen who checked out for the NFL (BC). That team should have been at least 8-4 and could have finished 10-2 if the things went well.

In 2012 we were a young 7-5 team. We lost to 4 teams that were better than us at that point and 1 on the road to Virginia team by 1 point. Read my initial post, we were not that good after losing all our Seniors and our best juniors.

2013 we became a better team, we ended up 9-4 and 2 of the losses were to pretty good teams (FSU, Louisville). The other 2, we ****ed up. We beat most the teams we were suppose to beat and lost to the ones that were better than us. Like I said in my original post, I believe we win at least 1 more game with Duke healthy.

2014 has been disappointing so far but I do think we have a better team than GT, Nebraska and Louisville. If we played them at this point in the season, I believe we win all 3. Blame the coaches for the these losses, that's fine, just don't make up stats like 2-17, that is ridiculous.

Well, we lost to UL, Neb, and GT already this season. Duke, Neb, Louisville, and FSU have a shot at 8 wins. Best case for Al after this season is 3-12, but will likely be 2-15 vs teams with 8 wins.

Prior to this year at UM he is 3-13 vs teams that were ranked when we played them (0-9 vs teams that finished ranked). For his head coaching career he is 0-11 vs teams that finished ranked, and 11-37 vs teams that finished with a winning season.

He's got a system. His system does not beat good teams. We will never win the coastal, let alone the ACC, a Jan 1st bowl, or any other big time game with him as coach. It is not in his DNA.

I agree that I'm not impressed by these numbers. But complaining about him not winning at Temple is like bragging about beating Bethune-Cookman. He at least started beating teams at their level at Temple which they did not do before.

He has not shown to be someone who will out coach you and pull off the big upsets but he has been steady in building the program and getting better talent and depth. I think he will win once he has Jimbo or Butch type talent. Whether or not he can bring this team there remains to be seen. My OP addresses my views on that.

This season still has a lot to be played, that is why I'm not writing him off yet. Everyone talks as if the season is over and he has been here 4 years. No he has been here 3 1/2 years and still has at least 5 games to play this season. Let's wait to see how the team finishes and develops before we start flying banners at every game. If we go 4-1 in our last 5 games or upset FSU and win a bowl game with Kaya continuing to develop, I'd love to have him back for one more year to see if they can win the ACC in 2015. If they flop and go 3-2 or worse I would consider a coaching change as well. I'm not a slupper or mope, I'm just trying to be objective and keep things in perspective.

Advertisement

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

I agree that I'm not impressed by these numbers. But complaining about him not winning at Temple is like bragging about beating Bethune-Cookman. He at least started beating teams at their level at Temple which they did not do before.

He has not shown to be someone who will out coach you and pull off the big upsets but he has been steady in building the program and getting better talent and depth. I think he will win once he has Jimbo or Butch type talent. Whether or not he can bring this team there remains to be seen. My OP addresses my views on that.

This season still has a lot to be played, that is why I'm not writing him off yet. Everyone talks as if the season is over and he has been here 4 years. No he has been here 3 1/2 years and still has at least 5 games to play this season. Let's wait to see how the team finishes and develops before we start flying banners at every game. If we go 4-1 in our last 5 games or upset FSU and win a bowl game with Kaya continuing to develop, I'd love to have him back for one more year to see if they can win the ACC in 2015. If they flop and go 3-2 or worse I would consider a coaching change as well. I'm not a slupper or mope, I'm just trying to be objective and keep things in perspective.

My point is that he is a MAC level coach, and not a particularly good one. He is at his top end now.

Everything is system driven and predicated on the idea of minimizing your chances of losing -- scheming to cover lack of athletic talent, not taking risks. Nothing I have seen suggests that Golden or his methods will do anything differently than he has in the past. He has never won his division or his conference as a coach, including his days as DC.

We will never beat quality opponents by training and playing not to lose.

Last edited:
Hurricane Warrior, we suck. We're not getting better either.

2011: 3-5
2012: 5-3
2013: 5-3
2014: 1-2

We're in dire need of immediate change. After Duke and VT last year, he should have lost everyone. UL should have confirmed that belief and the PSU BS was way too much for a bum. Now he lost to UL and GT, regression at best.

I agree with you bro, we are average which is horrible by UM standards... I would be in full agreement had we lost the games at Duke, VT, and Louisville with a healthy Duke or a good backup. I think we still should have won at least 2 out 3 of those losses and was ****ed as can be watching those games.

PSU thing was BS but I don't hold it against coaches to consider other jobs which is why I don't feel sorry for them when fans get ****ed at them. It's part of their job, no one criticizes us for considering other job options.

Losing to UL, GT and Nebraska this year was very disappointing. We should have won at least 2 of those games as well. All I'm saying is the season is not over yet, we still have VT and FSU left. I'm going to root for guys like Dorsett, Duke, Perryman and Chick who all may not be here next year. I'm also excited about guys like Kaya, Berrios, and Yearby who will hopefully take us to the next level in the next 2-3 years, regardless who the coaching staff is.

My point is that he is a MAC level coach, and not a particularly good one. He is at his top end now.

Everything is system driven and predicated on the idea of minimizing your chances of losing by scheming to cover lack of athletic talent and by not taking risks. Nothing I have seen suggests that Golden or his methods will do anything differently than he has in the past. He has never won his division or his conference as a coach, including his days as DC.

We will never beat quality opponents by training and playing not to lose.

Point taken. I hate his conservative approach as well, but I'm hoping he will take more chances once we get more talent. The offense has definitely changed since he got here with Jed and now Coley. I'm not 100% sold on it, but it has been effective and fun to watch, we just need to be more consistent. The defense is another story...

This guy.

All the stats are laid out for you. We suck. We don't even compete against teams that are slightly above average. We get blown out by teams who don't bring in the level of talent we do. All of this has been posted on this board before, so I don't feel the need to do it again and give you the opportunity to come up with more and more excuses.

I appreciate the explanation. I'm not trying to come up with more excuses for anyone, I'm just sharing my personal perspective, which is crazy according to some of you on this board. I don't mind that, I just don't like to see every poster who posts something positive about the team or staff get gang rapped on here. I don't bother to comment on posts about banners because I don't agree with it and won't be contributing. It just seems there are posters who have an agenda to keep the board negative and harasses anyone who does not agree with their opinions. Seriously, calling a Cane's fan who posts something positive a troll is a little too much for a Canes board.

Advertisement

I appreciate the explanation. I'm not trying to come up with more excuses for anyone, I'm just sharing my personal perspective, which is crazy according to some of you on this board. I don't mind that, I just don't like to see every poster who posts something positive about the team or staff get gang rapped on here. I don't bother to comment on posts about banners because I don't agree with it and won't be contributing. It just seems there are posters who have an agenda to keep the board negative and harasses anyone who does not agree with their opinions. Seriously, calling a Cane's fan who posts something positive a troll is a little too much for a Canes board.

So now we've moved on from you failing in the original post to attacking the posters and claiming that they have an "agenda." Right.

So now we've moved on from you failing in the original post to attacking the posters and claiming that they have an "agenda." Right.

Not really, you haven't really shown me how I have failed. Just affirmed my view that posters who have a different view point from the anti-Golden crowd will get ganged up on by the same posters who find it improtant to post 10 threads about the same thing. I wish they would just keep the same thread and just add to it.

Last edited:
When are people going to realize that we are the mother ******* Miami Hurricanes and three losses in a season should be the rare exception--not the goal.

Advertisement
When are people going to realize that we are the mother ******* Miami Hurricanes and three losses in a season should be the rare exception--not the goal.

No one is hoping for 3 losses every year, we all want to see the canes go undefeated and win championships, what is there not to understand or realize? Do we have some magic formula that no one else has? Do we have a huge or loyal fan base? boosters? Money? recruiting budget that no one else has? Are we the only team that recruits S. Florida? Are we untouchable by the NCAA? These aren't excuses, its reality!

I hear so much about how great S. FL talent is and how we should only recruit South Florida and never lose. Is this reality? Why the **** does Alabama and ND both have more national titles than Miami, FSU or Florida?
We've had 4 seasons with less than 3 losses (2000-2003) and 2 losing seasons since 1995. The 80's and early 90's was good for the U but let's not pretend that we've been dominating college football for the past 20 years. Most of these posters know our history from watching "the U" and listening to Uncle Luke tell his stories about how bad we used to be.

Oh by way, I saw that Howard was 7-4 in his 4th year after going 9-2 the year before. I guess we should have fired him for recruiting all that South Florida talent and regressing. How dare he! Good thing the USFL took him the following year. It took Butch until his 6th and last year to get double digit wins. I can't believe we let that clown hang around while losing 3 or more for the first 5 years in the Big East! How can we not fire him after going 5-7 in his 3rd year? I mean we are Miami right? We should never have a losing season; we've only had 2 losing seasons since 1980!

Not really, you haven't really shown me how I have failed. Just affirmed my view that posters who have a different view point from the anti-Golden crowd will get ganged up on by the same posters who find it improtant to post 10 threads about the same thing. I wish they would just keep the same thread and just add to it.

People have shown you multiple times, but you're making excuses for a guy with one win over a team with 8 or more wins in his tenure. You just don't get it and shuld bow out.

When are people going to realize that we are the mother ****ing Miami Hurricanes and three losses in a season should be the rare exception--not the goal.

No one is hoping for 3 losses every year, we all want to see the canes go undefeated and win championships, what is there not to understand or realize? Do we have some magic formula that no one else has? Do we have a huge or loyal fan base? boosters? Money? recruiting budget that no one else has? Are we the only team that recruits S. Florida? Are we untouchable by the NCAA? These aren't excuses, its reality!

I hear so much about how great S. FL talent is and how we should only recruit South Florida and never lose. Is this reality? Why the **** does Alabama and ND both have more national titles than Miami, FSU or Florida?
We've had 4 seasons with less than 3 losses (2000-2003) and 2 losing seasons since 1995. The 80's and early 90's was good for the U but let's not pretend that we've been dominating college football for the past 20 years. Most of these posters know our history from watching "the U" and listening to Uncle Luke tell his stories about how bad we used to be.

Oh by way, I saw that Howard was 7-4 in his 4th year after going 9-2 the year before. I guess we should have fired him for recruiting all that South Florida talent and regressing. How dare he! Good thing the USFL took him the following year. It took Butch until his 6th and last year to get double digit wins. I can't believe we let that clown hang around while losing 3 or more for the first 5 years in the Big East! How can we not fire him after going 5-7 in his 3rd year? I mean we are Miami right? We should never have a losing season; we've only had 2 losing seasons since 1980!

Another member of the "South Florida talent is overrated" group. lmaoooo

Advertisement
Back