Trending UP!

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;2032738 said:
I feel what the Op is saying. but what you fail to realize is...... Golden is terrible at GAMEDAY coaching. Sure he did decent his first year when no one in the aCc knew his coaching strategy.

But now that its clear what type of coach he is there is no secret amongst other coaches that he coaches NOT TO LOSE and thats why we get worse and worse because he has been figured out.

And the only thing carrying this guy along at this time is the talent and other teams blunders.

If the guy could develop guys and had ANY type of gameday flair or rhythm then you wouldnt need to post all of those excuses for his lack of success.

If the guy was losing 1 or 2 MAYBE even 3 games a year in close bouts then all of the slurping would be justifiable.

But if you have any inkling of football knowledge youd know watching us play that this guy and his staff are in over their heads.

Thank you for your reasonable arguments. I agree with most of your post but just view it differently.

Golden is terrible at GAMEDAY coaching.
I agree with this, but so was Butch. My hope is he gets good coordinators around him or great players like Ed Reed to compensate for that. Players like Reed and Dorsey made Coker look like the best coach in America in 2001.

But now that its clear what type of coach he is there is no secret amongst other coaches that he coaches NOT TO LOSE and thats why we get worse and worse because he has been figured out.

And the only thing carrying this guy along at this time is the talent and other teams blunders.

I sort of agree with this but I think the Play not to lose is tied to other team blunders. He believes that the team with the least turnovers and penalty will win. all good teams in college rely on talent. Tell me how Ole Miss and Miss St. competes in the SEC, talent alone will not win games. I agree with the philosophy but not the approach. Personally I want to us be more aggressive to force the mistakes.

If the guy was losing 1 or 2 MAYBE even 3 games a year in close bouts then all of the slurping would be justifiable.

I agree with this, but I think last year was the first time he really had a team capable of winning 10+ games. This year has been disappointing for me so far but I'm excited to see how they finish the year. The emergence of Kaya has really given me hope for the future. I did not see us winning the ACC with Williams this year... Kaya has the potential to be NC QB, something we have not had for a while.

But if you have any inkling of football knowledge youd know watching us play that this guy and his staff are in over their heads.

Trust me, I get frustrated watching the games just like you... I'm just trying to put things in perspective. It's not all bad and there are a lot of positives.

There can be no positives when we are wasting talent week in week out. Louisville is not a good team, GT has been exposed as the pretenders that they are the last two weeks. VT is also a dumpster fire who we should be able to easily defeat. If we get our doors blown off Thursday in Blacksburg you must change your stance and accept the fact that Golden is terrible and must be fired. Thursday is make or break for Golden. If we get smoked he will have zero defense, no legs to stand on. He'll be a walking corpse with no chance at winning the coastal, motivating our team, or ammunition to hold back the growing mob.

I've given up on Al so the results from games are no longer of concern to me when discussing if he should stay or go. It's hard to win an NC with the best team so I have zero faith that he can coach up a good miami squad to that level. Al is a decent human though and I am a huge fan of the team, because of that I am not in the camp rooting for VT to **** on us. If that does happen it's going to get really ugly and I will actually feel sorry for Al because he is going to go through one of the worst experiences of his entire life. I also as a fan can't take how depressing this season has been, the dissension among the fan base and vitriol between the slurpers and the haters is becoming unbearable. I desperately want something positive to brighten my season but week in and week out I continue to be disappointed. Not one game this year have I watched the clock hit zeroes with a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart.

My question to anyone, on any side of the fence, is have you? And why?

First of all, I don't feel sorry for the coaches because they are adults who get paid very well to do something they love. Taking criticism is a part of the job. The last time we flew banners was for the same guy that many of you want to bring back.

If we lose to VT, then I would say this team is a very average DIV I team at 4-4 and is under-performing. Golden's job is in his hands. If he does not win then he may lose his job. I want him to win because he coaches the team that I love and I don't want my team to lose no matter what.

I will still watch the rest of the season to see if Kaya continues to improve, if Duke can get 1,000 yards rushing for the first time in his career and pass more greats on the all time rushing list, if Dorset can break more records. I will cheer for this team to win out regardless of their record. This is college football, we don't win a lottery pick or get the a higher draft pick for finishing last.

I had a smile on face after the following games:

Florida A&M: we won our first game in 2014, Kaya got his first win.

Arkansas State: We dominated a team we were suppose to. Dorset had 201 yards on 4 catches. Kaya had 342 yards, 4 Td and 1 int.

Duke: we got revenge from last year and beat a solid undefeated Duke team. Duke Johnson rushes for 155 yards and Yearby get his first TD in college. Kaya's first game with no Int. Defense held Duke to 264 yards and 10 points.

Cincinnati: Dukes scores on the longest run on his career and give the ball to Carter. Duke and Yearby both go over 100 yards rushing and Gus added another 85. Kaya completed 70% of his pass with 3 TDs and 0 int. McCord scores his first TD. Defense forces 3 turnovers.

Now the Louisville, Nebraska and GT games were a different story...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Per ESPN:
Chance of winning out0.6%
Chance of winning conference1.2%
SOS Remaining RK26

I think playing FSU has a lot to do with those odds... with the inconsistency of our team, those odds are pretty accurate. Hopefully the team gets going in all 3 phases of the game. An upset of FSU would be epic especially if they come in undefeated.

Lmao at trending up.
**** outta here. "Oh he has a top 5 class for 4016!" You're the same people that were beating your chest last December about his class, What happened? The thing fell apart.

Well, I think the 2014 class turned out pretty well so far, lets take a look at all the guys who have already contributed as true freshmen:
Brad Kaya - Starter, 2nd in ACC in passing yards and 1st in TDs.
Braxton Berios - 18 Rec for 218 yards and 3 TDs
Joseph Yearby - 317 yards rushing, 7.37 avg.
Calvin Heurtelou - Starter
Brandon Linder - Starter
Darrion Owens
Courtel Jenkins
Trent Harris
Athony Moten
Chad Thomas

Lmao at trending up.
**** outta here. "Oh he has a top 5 class for 4016!" You're the same people that were beating your chest last December about his class, What happened? The thing fell apart.

Well, I think the 2014 class turned out pretty well so far, lets take a look at all the guys who have already contributed as true freshmen:
Brandon Linder - Starter
Darrion Owens
Courtel Jenkins
Trent Harris
Athony Moten
Chad Thomas

With our luck...half of those guys won't be playing football next year and Chad will be caught with a tranny with $5,000 cash on him lol

Lmao at trending up.

Brandon Linder - Starter
Darrion Owens
Courtel Jenkins
Trent Harris
Athony Moten
Chad Thomas

I don't think you follow. We got some great pieces, my point is this is how things went down leading up to signing day:

Group A: **** yes! We are getting rid of Golden, thank you, Penn St!
Group B: We have a top 5 recruiting class, you idiot! You wanna ruin that.
Next week
Group B: We have a top 10 recruiting class, jackass! It'll kill us!
Signing day
Group B: Uh, well, we got a top 12 class! Yeah, in your face.

So some people want to retain a bad coach based on a class 2 years out? You know how often we lose early commits that were using the local school as a place holder?

I think it's insane to suggest retaining a horrible head coach based on the gamble that a class sticks together. Not to mention, even if it did, so what? We don't do **** with all our talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao at trending up.

Brandon Linder - Starter
Darrion Owens
Courtel Jenkins
Trent Harris
Athony Moten
Chad Thomas

With our luck...half of those guys won't be playing football next year and Chad will be caught with a tranny with $5,000 cash on him lol

Here is a list of the players that we lost since Golden got here:

2014: Hester
2013: Olsen, Sandland, Figs
2012: Witt, V. Davis, Terry, Briscoe, Lockhart, Thompson, Ivery, Dillard, J. Carter, Dewey, Hope, Dortch, Hoilett, Blue
2011: Finnie, Paul, Alexis, E. Johnson, R. Williams, J. Grimble
2010: Perry, Bunche, T. Williams, K. Nelson, D. Davis, A. Tallman, J. Brown, J. Barton, D. Hall, K. Payne
2009: J. Reid, Armstrong, Dye, Sanders, J. Johnson, White
2008: A. Johnson

There are really no significant losses from the 2008-10 classes which were recruited by Shannon's staff. Bunche could have helped this year but he wanted to start full time, which I think he might of being able to do this year as it seems Kehoe stopped rotating the OL this year and we are short on OT due to injury. Armstrong could have helped but he never played here after Golden got here.

Golden first class that he slapped together in 2 months lost Finnie, Paul, E. Johnson, R. Williams, J. Grimble, Alexis. Finnie, Paul and Johnson were all starters and we lost due to off field issues. Grimble, Alexis and Williams all transferred due to lack of playing time.

2012 classes lost 14 players but non of them would have played significant roles on this team. Terry, Lockhart and Blue are the only 3 who may have contributed to our depth.

2013 we lost Olsen but that lose was mitigated by the emergence of Kaya. Sandland would have provided good depth for us at TE but Walford and Dobbard have been solid all year. Figs was a big loss as he was probably a starter.

Although we've lost some players from the past few years, the only positions that really hurt was DT and LB. No we didn't loss any impact DT but guys like Brown, Ivery, Grimble, Briscoe and Alexis highlights our lack of DTs that panned out. LB depth is really bad this year as 2 true freshmen are forced to play significant roles this year. I think this also hurts us on special teams as LBs are great coverage teams. Figs, Terry, Witt, Johnson, Nelson, Williams and Paul were all potential starters and 3 of those guys had started games before being kickoff the team. Most of that list were kicked-off off or mutually agreed to part for disciplinary reasons.

Last edited:
2-17 against teams that have finished the year with 7 or more wins.

You're honor. The defense rests.

Where does the defense get his data from? Your FireGolen.com website?

I agree, we're doing great!

1. 0-3 Against FSU

2. 14-13 Against the ACC

3. Of the 26 wins Al has at Miami, 6 are against the following group: Bethune Cookman (11), Bethune Cookman (12), FAU (13), Savanna State (13), Ark State (14), FAMU (14).

Here is W/L of his other 20 Wins: 104-137

2011: 29-34

OSU 6-7
UNC 7-6
GT 8-5
Duke 3-9
USF 5-7

2012: 32-45

BC: 2-10
GT: 7-7
NCST: 7-6
VT: 7-6
USF: 3-9
Duke: 6-7

2013: 34-54

UF: 4-8
USF: 2-10
GT: 7-6
UNC: 7-6
WF: 4-8
UVA: 2-10
Pitt: 7-6

2014: 9-4

Duke: 6-1
Cinn: 3-3

Last edited:
Advertisement

let's see where do I start?
1. We played 20 teams that had 7 or more wins from 2011-13 (not including non-major conference teams).
2. We won 8 of those games and lost 12.

2011 (6-6)
Wins (2): NC (7-6), GT (8-5)
Loses (4): Kansas St (10-3), VT (11-3), Virginia (8-5), FSU (9-4)

2012 (7-5)
Wins (3): GT (7-7), NC State (7-6), VT (7-6)
Loses (4): Kansas State (11-2), ND (12-1), NC (8-4), FSU (12-2)

2013 (9-4)
Wins (3): GT (7-6), NC (7-6), Pitt (7-6)
Losses (4): FSU (14-0), VT (8-5), Duke (10-4), Louisville (12-1)

We played like a team that had an average record of 7-5 in the past 3 years. We beat most teams that had 7 wins or less and lost to most teams that had 7+ wins. Nothing too surprising here. Not a great stat but definitely better than the 2-17 that you claim…

You can check the facts for yourself if you really cared to know the truth.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-fl/

I know you hate Golden and want him out of here but making **** up to fit your agenda is just wrong.

Last edited:

1. We played 20 teams that had 7 or more wins from 2011-13 (not including non-major conference teams).

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

We played like a team that had an average record of 7-5 in the past 3 years. We beat most teams that had 7 wins or less and lost to most teams that had 7+ wins. Nothing too surprising here. Not a great stat but definitely better than the 2-17 that you claim…

major-league-******-o.gif

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

I know you hate Golden and want him out of here but making **** up to fit your agenda is just wrong.

Golden is 1-12 vs teams that end up with 5 losses or less. And he has only beaten one team with 8 wins. The one win was 8-5 GT in 2011.

Based on the stats you just posted.

Also the argument was made that Golden's philosophy is to rely on turnovers and penalties to win games.

We are 84th in TO margin and 108th in penalties against this season (according to stats.ncaa.org). It's not working.

Advertisement

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

View attachment 26690

i didn't say it was good, just stated the facts.

If you think Al Golden has done anything to warrant staying here, you are a clueless imbecile and that's the bottom line. He's the worst coach at UM since Carl Selmer.

Advertisement

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

Not only are you an idiot...but you went through all that and didn't catch the fact that I simply made a typo.

2-17 against teams with MORE than 7 wins. That's counting the win against Duke this year (and that's really giving you a freebee since it's no guarantee Duke ends up with more than 8 wins).

Go ahead, re-check the math *******.

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

Golden is 1-12 vs teams that end up with 5 losses or less. And he has only beaten one team with 8 wins. The one win was 8-5 GT in 2011.

This is correct. I'm not disputing that we have not had any signature wins over a great team in the past 3 1/2 years. We've played like our record for the most part.

We were a 6-6 team in 2011 with a lot of talent but a lot of suspensions (Maryland) and upperclassmen who checked out for the NFL (BC). That team should have been at least 8-4 and could have finished 10-2 if the things went well.

In 2012 we were a young 7-5 team. We lost to 4 teams that were better than us at that point and 1 on the road to Virginia team by 1 point. Read my initial post, we were not that good after losing all our Seniors and our best juniors.

2013 we became a better team, we ended up 9-4 and 2 of the losses were to pretty good teams (FSU, Louisville). The other 2, we ****ed up. We beat most the teams we were suppose to beat and lost to the ones that were better than us. Like I said in my original post, I believe we win at least 1 more game with Duke healthy.

2014 has been disappointing so far but I do think we have a better team than GT, Nebraska and Louisville. If we played them at this point in the season, I believe we win all 3. Blame the coaches for the these losses, that's fine, just don't make up stats like 2-17, that is ridiculous.

Last edited:

2011 (6-6)

2012 (7-5)

2013 (9-4)

This is correct. I'm not disputing that we have not had any signature wins over a great team in the past 3 1/2 years. We've played like our record for the most part.

We were a 6-6 team in 2011 with a lot of talent but a lot of suspensions (Maryland) and upperclassmen who checked out for the NFL (BC).

In 2012 we were a young 7-5 team. We lost to 4 teams that were better than us at that point and 1 on the road to Virginia team by 1 point. Read my initial post, we were not that good.

2013 we became a better team, we ended up 9-4 and 2 of the losses were to pretty good teams (FSU, Louisville). The other 2, we ****ed up. We beat most the teams we were suppose to beat and lost to the ones that were better than us. Like I said in my original post, I believe we win at least 1 more game with Duke healthy.

2014 has been disappointing so far but I do think we have a better team than GT, Nebraska and Louisville. If we played them at this point I believe we win all 3. Blame the coaches for the these losses, that's fine, just don't make up stats like 2-17, that is ridiculous.

This guy.

Advertisement
Back