Official Spring PractiSe #2 - Tuesday 3/7

Advertisement
I stated incoming new players
Nah you’re saying it like it’s been happening for years so I want to hear where this is coming from

Give some examples of guys that should have been playing over Mallory for example since you mentioned him

The plan when he arrived was playing some safety. It’s not a rumor. I posted this when we were recruiting him.
He appears built for it based on his latest shirtless pics. I'm all for building depth at safety considering we've got like 2 of them.

Advertisement
People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.
I’ve been screaming, Colbie since he **** near stepped foot on campus, last season. I’m telling ya. The kids’s got something. There is a lot of untapped potential in him. It was evident fr his film. If he ever “figures it out”,… the sky’s the limit. We get a couple more dudes that can catch and run……. We will have a real life P5 WR room.

I’ve been screaming, Colbie since he **** near stepped foot on campus, last season. I’m telling ya. The kids’s got something. There is a lot of untapped potential in him. It was evident fr his film. If he ever “figures it out”,… the sky’s the limit. We get a couple more dudes that can catch and run……. We will have a real life P5 WR room.
having a dedicated WR coach should help him tremendously.

Advertisement
So you just basically made that **** up that he was “replaced”.

Why do you do this?

He’s leaving of his own volition.

I mean, we just brought in three new TE for spring, including one super senior, all with ridiculously prototypical size. You could make a case that he was pushed down the depth chart and call it what you want, replaced, beat out, whatever, but I don't see a hole in the roster with Brantley gone.

I mean, we just brought in three new TE for spring, including one super senior, all with ridiculously prototypical size. You could make a case that he was pushed down the depth chart and call it what you want, replaced, beat out, whatever, but I don't see a hole in the roster with Brantley gone.

Nobody was pushed down the depth chart without a single practice being held. He made a decision to leave. That was his decision.

He was not replaced.

Now if spring practice was over, and he was placed third or fourth on the depth chart by the coaches, then you could say he was replaced. I’m not bad-mouthing him, but he could’ve decided to stay - thinking to himself, I’m going to beat these guys out. He probably made the best decisions for himself based on the roster, but he was not replaced - end of story.

Advertisement
People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.
Colbie went from late Juco transfer to a starting spot.

Kid works hard. Like, really hard.

Nobody was pushed down the depth chart without a single practice being held. He made a decision to leave. That was his decision.

He was not replaced.

Now if spring practice was over, and he was placed third or fourth on the depth chart by the coaches, then you could say he was replaced. I’m not bad-mouthing him, but he could’ve decided to stay - thinking to himself, I’m going to beat these guys out. He probably made the best decisions for himself based on the roster, but he was not replaced - end of story.

Well there was a day 1 spring depth chart actually, and Cam McCormack was the first team TE on it. H was running with the 1's from the start. So we can't say there isn't a depth chart at all. There are informal workouts, S&C, meetings, lots goes on before spring too, which is how the first depth chart is formulated.

I am not saying there is paper on a wall somewhere that says he's running #5 right now, but maybe, and this is what I think happened, he saw these three giants come in, go through S&C, work out with the QB's and 7 on 7 type stuff in January and February, and saw the writing on the wall.

I don't understand why anyone is obsessing with the word "replaced" in this thread. Who cares? Three TE's came in, two went out (NFL, portal). You can call it whatever you want, the terminology doesn't matter.

Colbie went from late Juco transfer to a starting spot.

Kid works hard. Like, really hard.
He seems to definitely be a kid that puts in a lot of work, but that tells me how bad our WR Room really is that he came in and was our best WR last year.

Advertisement
Well there was a day 1 spring depth chart actually, and Cam McCormack was the first team TE on it. H was running with the 1's from the start. So we can't say there isn't a depth chart at all. There are informal workouts, S&C, meetings, lots goes on before spring too, which is how the first depth chart is formulated.

I am not saying there is paper on a wall somewhere that says he's running #5 right now, but maybe, and this is what I think happened, he saw these three giants come in, go through S&C, work out with the QB's and 7 on 7 type stuff in January and February, and saw the writing on the wall.

I don't understand why anyone is obsessing with the word "replaced" in this thread. Who cares? Three TE's came in, two went out (NFL, portal). You can call it whatever you want, the terminology doesn't matter.

I’m not obsessing, you’re actually writing more about it than I am. It’s because it was the intent of the original poster, as he usually does, to inject negativity. But if you want to carry water for him, feel free.

I’m just hoping Tyler continues to build rapport with WRs not named X. I think X may catch 100 passes if he’s healthy but Tyler needs to be getting the WR and TEs together all off-season to build connections. If Colbie can take the next step at 6’4 220 he has a chance to be a problem, agreed.

I’m not obsessing, you’re actually writing more about it than I am. It’s because it was the intent of the original poster, as he usually does, to inject negativity. But if you want to carry water for him, feel free.

The comment was about culture. The culture sucked last year. Players and coaching sides of the coin. Mario is working to fix it. But adding a TE for culture and losing a positive culture TE isn’t a net positive for culture, especially when the leaving TE is local and the new TE is a 9th year import from the coach’s previous school.

But this isn’t about Brantley…since there is a thread on Brantley in which multiple posters, some trusted far and wide, were not exactly thrilled with him leaving…. I don’t recall you getting rustled about their interest in Brantley’s decision.

It’s about some taking anything not stars and 1 up mushrooms as negative against Mario*

*there were no turtles or mushrooms hurt in the making of this joke

Advertisement
Back