Official Spring PractiSe #2 - Tuesday 3/7

Advertisement
It’s the same thing with Sagapoulu no? It would be great if one of them could develop into a dependable backup center this year and eventually a solid starter after Lee is gone. They both seem to have the physical skill set that one would look for in the position.

Big Baby, Sagapolou, Denis and now Tripp all behind Lee. We don't need 4 centers on roster. Problem is, I like every one of them individually. Seem like a great bunch of young men.

At least we know they can play guard if absolutely necessary.

People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.
Thanks for this update. I posted somewhere else, Colbie and TVD would be smart to have continued working off their success last year during the off-season. Glad to hear it materialize. He was a shining star.

I didn’t catch his I spelt heels lol, I’m dangerous when I’m multitasking. We have 2-3 guys that are short. 6’2 is fine but I‘m not sure Seymour is that. Jason Kelce is the best in the business and he says he’s 6’2.
Logan Sag & Denis seem that short. Ryan Rodriguez is close. It's a body type that limits what we can do with them.

Yeah not sure why it’s so extreme

Do I think Zion is a first rounder? Most likely not (at the time) however he still had lots of time to develop and get better. Unfortunately he had a huge setback.

But let’s be honest any NFL talent on this line is better than what we had last year whether it was 1st round or 7th round talent

He would be a huge boost to us if he can play

I never saw him as a first rounder. The kid was a two star, lol. Sure, the potential was there, but he was always a massive project and we rushed him into action before he could develop properly. Did the same thing to Donaldson, smh, and he was a mid-4-star as a HS senior.

What I do see is a young man who puts in the work and is a great team player with plus but not elite physical attributes. Could go mid-round with an excellent final season. ... And we NEED him.

Advertisement
Yeah talking about Jason Kelce is like how we all try to justify short QBs by saying Drew Brees, or short DTs by saying Aaron Donald. It’s like yeah ok let’s play the odds.
There’s a lot of OL in the 6‘2 / 6’3 range. At least more than ya think. It’s not height but more length. You want OL that’s tall because they normally have long arms, but there’s a decent amount of shorter guys with very long arms.

How bad are the CBs this year, though? Always a give and take of practice.
This was my first thought.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that a scheme change and (hopefully) better coaching attitude will help, but we also know that our DB talent isn't exactly stacked right now unless several of them also made large strides.

Advertisement
People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.
Now are these 1 on 1s vs these small short corners (couch,Porter)? Or they against the bigger corners (brown and Graves)

Zion is the best Tackle on the team by a wide margin if he's healthy. Whether they want him at LT or RT I have no idea.

I think the best lineup and best case scenario is Zion, Cohen, Lee, Cooper, Rivers with the 2nd string being Samson, Mauigoa, Denis, Mauigoa, McCoy - I wouldn't want to see anyone else get playing time beyond those 9.
I’m sorry but after last year Denis should never hike the ball ever again

There’s a lot of OL in the 6‘2 / 6’3 range. At least more than ya think. It’s not height but more length. You want OL that’s tall because they normally have long arms, but there’s a decent amount of shorter guys with very long arms.
I dropped the post because I realized the point I was making was not really jiving with what you said

I meant Seymour being short we can try to justify it by pointing to some obscure example just like when we try to do it to other people

But 6-2 isn’t too short at all I agree

Are we better at wr or are our corners just cheeks

Advertisement
Brantley is leaving. Some referred to the depth chart which includes the incoming of McCormick, as a rationale for his departure…

The discussion was around McCormick bringing an improved culture.

Brantley was not a known culture problem, but rather thought to be more of a hard working, positive solution.

Therefore, thus, so, that being the case, on that account, the addition of one assumed positive culture player with the loss of one known positive culture player equals, amounts to, the net gain of zero positive culture adjustment for this episode of roster math word problems…

So you just basically made that **** up that he was “replaced”.

Why do you do this?

He’s leaving of his own volition.

Are we better at wr or are our corners just cheeks
Last year the wr‘s couldn’t catch crabs from a two dollar ***** and had no clue WTH was going on. On top of that guys are winning 1 v 1’s . I know positivity is frowned upon but at no time last spring did I hear positivity about that group. The small things were like pulling teeth. Some of that on the oc / scheme and some on the wr’s work ethic.

With Harris at S now, I count 5 pure CB scholarship players for spring: Daryl Porter Jr., Davonte Brown, Chris Graves, Te’Cory Couch, and Malik Curtis.

Advertisement
With Harris at S now, I count 5 pure CB scholarship players for spring: Daryl Porter Jr., Davonte Brown, Chris Graves, Te’Cory Couch, and Malik Curtis.
Terry Roberts?

I heard a vicious rumor that he's playing some safety this spring but have been unable to confirm.

Yall sleeping on Zion there's a reason he was getting first round buzz before last year
It was reported on CIS that an NFL scout was confused where the 1rd projection was coming from for zion. He was graded in the mid rounds

Advertisement
Back