Official Spring PractiSe #2 - Tuesday 3/7

That's a solid 9 deep. Not sure about Denis but I guess for a center backup, that's about all we have besides Big Baby. Regardless, some real solid depth. Rivers locking down the RT spot would be great for this OL
Someone…anyone…locking down RT would be huge. Holy **** that spot has been absolutely killing us for years. Rivers, Cohen, Mauigoa, Okunlola, McCoy…Someone please….

Advertisement
After one 6 second clip I’m ready to declare Bain Jacurri as a future #1 overall pick and first ballot hall of famer.

Hey, if AR-15 can be mentioned as a top NFL draft pick based solely on his physical prowess, no reason why Jacurri can't get there too.

Now, the HOF is a different issue...

I thought the same thing. Seymour’s best fit for his size appears to be center but Mirabal cross trains them at all positions so he must look terrible at Center because Denis looks very awkward at Center.
Seymour needs to be a center and nothing else. He might be 6’2 wearing high heels

Last edited:
The same porsters who said he was a Day 1 draftee as a Freshmen give up on him during his money year, smh. Tail wagging the dog.
Yeah not sure why it’s so extreme

Do I think Zion is a first rounder? Most likely not (at the time) however he still had lots of time to develop and get better. Unfortunately he had a huge setback.

But let’s be honest any NFL talent on this line is better than what we had last year whether it was 1st round or 7th round talent

He would be a huge boost to us if he can play

Advertisement
I'm only basing my opinion on the current situation. I agree Zion is our best tackle. However, that's based on your key statement bolded above. I realize he's played a lot of snaps, but he's been rehabbing almost a year and half. He reinjured the knee trying to come back last year. It's just difficult for me to logically pencil him in when it's unknown if he'll be ready. Trying to be realistic.

I believe the starting five will be

LT - Rivers
LG - Cohen
C - Lee
RG - Cooper
RT - McCoy

Second Team

LT - Sampson
LG - Seymour
C - Denis
RG - Sagapolu
RT - Mauigoa
Our interior oline depth is no bueno. We need to land some big time interior o-lineman this cycle. Are Tinalau and Kinsler gaurds or tackle?

Zion is the best Tackle on the team by a wide margin if he's healthy. Whether they want him at LT or RT I have no idea.

I think the best lineup and best case scenario is Zion, Cohen, Lee, Cooper, Rivers with the 2nd string being Samson, Mauigoa, Denis, Mauigoa, McCoy - I wouldn't want to see anyone else get playing time beyond those 9.
Definitely the best 9 on paper. Coach em up, fight it out & let coaches decide. Mario is supposedly an OL guru and he often claims his OL line coach is the best in the business, so make it happen.

People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.

Advertisement
People feel a lot better about the wr room this year versus last year. Ive mentioned Horton as my breakout guy but Colbie has went to another level. He’s a major problem in 1 v 1’s. Mix that with X, JG, the FR and 1-2 quality portal guys it will be a dramatically different looking room.
I think a better scheme on its own could also potentially do wonders for that room.

Advertisement
Seymour needs to be a center and nothing else. He might be 6’2 wearing high hills.
It’s the same thing with Sagapoulu no? It would be great if one of them could develop into a dependable backup center this year and eventually a solid starter after Lee is gone. They both seem to have the physical skill set that one would look for in the position.

Advertisement
We are replacing Brantley? What does that even mean?

Brantley is leaving. Some referred to the depth chart which includes the incoming of McCormick, as a rationale for his departure…

The discussion was around McCormick bringing an improved culture.

Brantley was not a known culture problem, but rather thought to be more of a hard working, positive solution.

Therefore, thus, so, that being the case, on that account, the addition of one assumed positive culture player with the loss of one known positive culture player equals, amounts to, the net gain of zero positive culture adjustment for this episode of roster math word problems…

How bad are the CBs this year, though? Always a give and take of practice.

Advertisement
Back