Official Spring PractiSe #2 - Tuesday 3/7

I’m not obsessing, you’re actually writing more about it than I am. It’s because it was the intent of the original poster, as he usually does, to inject negativity. But if you want to carry water for him, feel free.

You can be so weird, homie. I'd love to see the world through your psychedelic eyes for a day lol.

Advertisement
Not even kidding, I'd have murdered for him to be our OC last season.

EA6CF6D8-1665-4DBC-8047-B8E1B634CF73.gif

He seems to definitely be a kid that puts in a lot of work, but that tells me how bad our WR Room really is that he came in and was our best WR last year.
Not the case, (1) was brought in because of his work habits (2) Know for a fact his 40 time at a few camps was not the best, but every other measurable was off the charts. Kid is a stud but played football in upstate NY

(The coaching staff lacked leadership and had a culture problem. We’re replacing Brantley, a non problem…)

Mario changed the coaches and recruited better talent to replace players at every position, like he's supposed to (that's what recruiting is all about).

Eventually everyone will get replaced for one reason or another (injury, graduation, transfer) and you're supposed to recruit players who can fill the shoes, or compete and exceed the talent level of the guys ahead of them.

It appears Brantley left because he believed meaningful snaps weren't available for him at Miami.

Advertisement
I’m just hoping Tyler continues to build rapport with WRs not named X. I think X may catch 100 passes if he’s healthy but Tyler needs to be getting the WR and TEs together all off-season to build connections. If Colbie can take the next step at 6’4 220 he has a chance to be a problem, agreed.
I don't get this, I don't get why so many of you think the QB only works with 1 WR. Such a false narrative. The ball will fly this year and it will find its way to many.

Advertisement

Cooper is the poster child for why evaluation and development matter. Starts out looking like Cyrim Wimbs or Matthew Pipho, and transforms into a legit starting-caliber P5 guard in 18 months. That requires freak genetics, a mental toughness to grind, and great coaching.

Kind of off topic. But does anyone know if those new obesity injection are being used in football? I read an Economist article on them that they are legit, can drop body weights by 15-20%. But they're expensive AF. cost 1K monthly. And you revert back to your previous weight if you go off them. ... Seems like athletes like football linemen would make ideal customers for them.

I'm only basing my opinion on the current situation. I agree Zion is our best tackle. However, that's based on your key statement bolded above. I realize he's played a lot of snaps, but he's been rehabbing almost a year and half. He reinjured the knee trying to come back last year. It's just difficult for me to logically pencil him in when it's unknown if he'll be ready. Trying to be realistic.

I believe the starting five will be

LT - Rivers
LG - Cohen
C - Lee
RG - Cooper
RT - McCoy

Second Team

LT - Sampson
LG - Seymour
C - Denis
RG - Sagapolu
RT - Mauigoa
This right here. Jfc everyone can hop off my time was off by 6 months.

Advertisement
Cooper is the poster child for why evaluation and development matter. Starts out looking like Cyrim Wimbs or Matthew Pipho, and transforms into a legit starting-caliber P5 guard in 18 months. That requires freak genetics, a mental toughness to grind, and great coaching.

Kind of off topic. But does anyone know if those new obesity injection are being used in football? I read an Economist article on them that they are legit, can drop body weights by 15-20%. But they're expensive AF. cost 1K monthly. And you revert back to your previous weight if you go off them. ... Seems like athletes like football linemen would make ideal customers for them.
Pipho was pretty solid at RT in 2009. Handled Gerald McCoy vs OU.

What’s the consensus on catching and tackling vs a year ago today?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back