Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the class we have now and the possibility of getting one just as good if not better for 2015, keeping Al Golden is essential.

2015 class is loaded with talent and if Golden can come through big time with that class, we back.

Advertisement
Conversations between Penn State and Golden have taken place. Golden has serious interest in the job, but I'm told he is still torn on a decision. His wife loves it here and that could carry weight in his decision.

Keep in mind that all of this could be used as raise negotiations, but I think it is more serious than that whether he takes the job (if offered) or not.

Talk to me about coaches you feel should be retained, Pete.

Coley, Kehoe, Hurlie, Barrow

you lose all cred saying kehoe should stay IMO. Underachieving.

When has he had any credibility regarding actual on the field football matters?

Conversations between Penn State and Golden have taken place. Golden has serious interest in the job, but I'm told he is still torn on a decision. His wife loves it here and that could carry weight in his decision.

Keep in mind that all of this could be used as raise negotiations, but I think it is more serious than that whether he takes the job (if offered) or not.

Talk to me about coaches you feel should be retained, Pete.

Coley, Kehoe, Hurlie, Barrow

you lose all cred saying kehoe should stay IMO. Underachieving.

I'm done with kehoe and coley and indifferent on brown.

Advertisement
The problem is not Golden leaving, it's who and how soon they hire a new coach and how many commits we can keep. Whoever the coach , he'll have to keep some of the staff for continuity. It would not be a big name, so hopefully the 2014 season will not suck.

How you gonna be named nystateofmind with a Tupac avatar?

Pac was originally from NYC.

Ludacris was originally from Chicago.

Your point?

The fact that you don't know what his point is speaks volumes.

I got his point. Luda is from Chicago but reps the South and Pac was from the NYC and repped the West. What I meant was why can't I like Pac just because I'm from NY?

Advertisement

Pete are you kidding me with this "update"This is high school newspaper worthy.

Advertisement
Pac was originally from NYC.

Ludacris was originally from Chicago.

Your point?

The fact that you don't know what his point is speaks volumes.

I got his point. Luda is from Chicago but reps the South and Pac was from the NYC and repped the West. What I meant was why can't I like Pac just because I'm from NY?

Oh sweet Jesus...can you guys take this **** to WEZ or something?

I got a call yesterday. Source was another coach (not at UM). Rumors like this always come through the coaching community, so I took it with a grain of salt. But he said that Golden was concerned that the 2014 team (which is feeling the effects of poor 2011 and 2012 classes) would hurt his standing. His value is high now.

There is legit smoke here. If Golden leaves, I believe the first call will be to Rob Chudzinski.

Why don't I get these calls? Was it a collect call?

The talent level at this point is his issue, he's had time to remake the roster and we should be poised for a better season in 2014.

I would be fine with chud.

You act like you're paying for this site and that Pete isn't just some college kid doing this as a hobby

Advertisement
With the class we have now and the possibility of getting one just as good if not better for 2015, keeping Al Golden is essential.

2015 class is loaded with talent and if Golden can come through big time with that class, we back.

Why, so we can misuse all of the defensive studs we're bringing in? More LB's lining up against receivers?

Unless Golden drastically changes his coaching philosophy, I refuse to believe he will succeed here, regardless of the quality of recruiting classes.

You act like you're paying for this site and that Pete isn't just some college kid doing this as a hobby

Exactly. If you're not satisfied go pay for Scout or Rivals.

Advertisement
Back