Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Expect Vanderbilt's James Franklin and Miami's Al Golden to top Penn State's football's wish list as the Nittany Lions search for the permanent successor to Bill O'Brien. I've heard those two names mentioned by a source close to the PSU program.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

"Al Golden, Jim Caldwell and Mike Munchak.

Penn State guys.

Those three names are bubbling to the top of Penn State's wish list of potential coaches to succeed the departed Bill O’Brien as the Nittany Lions' next head football coach."

http://www.statecollege.com/mobile/n...dates,1434155/

Welp.

Advertisement
If offered, I think he takes it.

I'm on the Smart and Narduzzi train.

AG ain't going anywhere. Never hurts to be prepared. It's a business and U never know for sure about anything. Never thought Butch would leave for Browns when he did.

Advertisement
One reason Al could leave is the fact the admin was not upfront with him about the Shapiro mess. He was genuinly hurt when the news broke and he deserved better than that. Deep down he nay have never forgiven them.

He won't need an excuse to go to Penn State. That being said I think he stays at Miami.

Advertisement
One reason Al could leave is the fact the admin was not upfront with him about the Shapiro mess. He was genuinly hurt when the news broke and he deserved better than that. Deep down he nay have never forgiven them.

Unless Al is a female, that makes no sense. If he was "genuinely hurt", he would have walked then. It makes no sense to wait until it's over, then walk. If you walk, you do it while everyone sees the deck is stacked against you. You won't be looked down on in that case. That's no longer the case. Al has a chance to show what he's got without the handcuffs now.

Oh well if it happens Chud and Butch are both currently out of a job since Butch was working for Schiano. Chud head coach and Butch DC sounds good to me. I'm an Al fan but if he goes he goes and there's nothing we can do about it. I honestly couldn't blame him with the way he has been treated by fans here.

Being told Al Golden is indeed a major target for #PSU. Whether he's interested will be another matter.
1:23pm - 1 Jan 14

Penn state writer

Advertisement
I think the ramifications of losing Golden would be devastating. Who could possibly come in and keep this class together? Like it was previously stated we could lose Kayaa. Who says Yearby wouldn't follow suit? And the kids in jersey? They'll be at PSU next season if Golden leaves for that job. This could really hurt us. Be careful what you wish for.......

FWIW, I did a feature on Al Golden while he was a Temple. His love for PSU is second to none. If he is offered job, he would take it.
1:32pm - 1 Jan 14

Rivals has Larry Johnson, Franklin, Schiano, Golden, Munchak, Tom Clements (Packers), and Strong as hot board candidates

They believe Vanderbilt's Franklin is their #1 Choice

Advertisement
He is not leaving patterns show in his career the 4th year is the break out year. Everybody wishing he will leave is just stupid cause Miami will not go after Butch, Pertino, Schiano or Chud. They will go after someone cheap and definitaly not after somebody who left their programs under the microscope.I.E Butch and Petrino.

We can't be naïve. If they pursue him he would have to consider it. One thing to look for is a quick not interested I am not finished with what I came here for etc. If we don't get that in a few days watch out.

First of all, barrow Hurlie Kehoe coley and Scott are more attached to Miami than golden. If you kept most of those guys and brought in a SERIOUS coach (which they could with the AG buyout money), the class would mostly stay together.

Advertisement
Back