Michael Jackson-Kerr DB from Alabama committed-unconfirmed

Some consistent offer whoring going on. Interesting because the #1 team in the country is full of players "smack dab in the middle of SEC country" that were ignored by all the SEC schools besides the one that they are on. Those guys are all grown men now. RS JR and RS SR everywhere in the starting 22.

You can question whether they can develop the kid. Saying you don't want to wait 3-4 years for every kid to be a good player I understand.

Advertisement
Still no bat sign from Carroll. Either he all of a suddenly forgot that he did that or there was some gun jumping. I'm sure it's a delicate situation, if so.

Quick question, and this might help with the reasoning as to why Kerr is a commit.
Is Gunter the field or boundary corner? I'd hope field.
If this guy is a potential replacement for him in a two years, maybe they just like the taller corners at field to avoid jump ball issues, because generally you would put your athletic freaks at boundary and smarter, less athletic, rangy players on the field side. Not sure if that's our coaching staff modus operanti, but it's mine.

Seems to me that the coaches didn't really want this kid after all. At least not yet. In my opinion this is a positive because this tells me that we are still in it for some higher rated kids.

Advertisement
Did we accept this commitment or not?

the-world-may-never-know-thumb.jpg

Advertisement
From Barton Simmons:

Miami CB commit is a steal
2 hours ago
I'm a little bit late on this but I wanted to pass on what I've seen out of Birmingham (Ala.) Spain Park cornerback Michael Jackson. With his commitment to Miami, the Hurricanes are getting who I consider one of the top cornerback sleepers in the southeast. I had a chance to see Jackson at the Birmingham NFTC and you aren't going to find a corner that has a better frame and body than Jackson. He's long, physical and rangy from his position. Though he's got a great safety frame he has cornerback hips and coverage ability. He also showed off good ball skills and the ability to high point the football.

Jackson's film even as a junior checked out with what we saw in the camp setting and I've always wondered why the major programs didn't come calling. Even with his commitment to Miami, Jackson didn't possess the big name offer list but I don't think that's a reflection of his talent. This is a good take by the Hurricanes and a prospect that could leave a lot of the more local programs with regret.

From Barton Simmons:

Miami CB commit is a steal
2 hours ago
I'm a little bit late on this but I wanted to pass on what I've seen out of Birmingham (Ala.) Spain Park cornerback Michael Jackson. With his commitment to Miami, the Hurricanes are getting who I consider one of the top cornerback sleepers in the southeast. I had a chance to see Jackson at the Birmingham NFTC and you aren't going to find a corner that has a better frame and body than Jackson. He's long, physical and rangy from his position. Though he's got a great safety frame he has cornerback hips and coverage ability. He also showed off good ball skills and the ability to high point the football.

Jackson's film even as a junior checked out with what we saw in the camp setting and I've always wondered why the major programs didn't come calling. Even with his commitment to Miami, Jackson didn't possess the big name offer list but I don't think that's a reflection of his talent. This is a good take by the Hurricanes and a prospect that could leave a lot of the more local programs with regret.

Not from South Florida...didn't read

Advertisement
shouldn't our mods actually try to find out? its not like we've had an article on a recruit since September...

Since there hasn't been confirmation in a few days from UM is it safe to assume that this kid has just been offered a preferred walk-on spot or something of the sort? If so, I'm not exactly sure why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch. Virtually no risk and let the kid try to prove himself.

Disclaimer: I did skip like 8 pages of this thread because i got tired of people blasting/crying about a kid the school hasn't even confirmed yet, so if someone brought this up already my bad.

Advertisement
So......

Can anybody here reach out to this kid and see what's going on.

This should end well...

FWIW, he is listed as a commit on ESPN,Rivals, 247, and Scout:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/177566/michael-jackson
http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=6994232
https://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/foot...kson-156893;_ylt=Aq_8IT63tcrTL2Lov7Asz85DspB4
http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Jackson-55107

i

Ht:6'1" Wt:192 lbs
40:4.67 secs
Bench Max: 260
Squat Max: 430
Shuttle: 4.29
Vertical: 38 inches

Ran a 4.67 40-yard dash with a 4.29 shuttle and a 34.8” vertical at the Birmingham Nike Football Camp. He had a SPARQ rating of 95.6. His power throw was 35.

Very Athletic and good size. He is more athletic than all the DB from last class.

Marques Gayot: 4.87 40 (4.82 best), 4.29 20, 13 reps of 225, 365 squat, 264 power clean, 300 bench, 30.5 vert
Kiy Hester: 4.64 40 (4.57 best), 4.30 20, nine reps of 225, 455 squat, 252 power clean, 285 bench, 28.5 vert
Ryan Mayes: 4.66 40 (4.61 best), 4.42 20, four reps of 225, 385 squat, 242 power clean, 245 bench, 32 vert

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back