Michael Jackson-Kerr DB from Alabama committed-unconfirmed

No Welcome to the U tweet then he isn't committed..... R-E-L-A-X

Once its official then go ahead and ***** all you want

Advertisement
Nebraska, Minnesota, LSU and UGA all offer, he choses us and you are all ****ed lmao. why because he runs a 4.67 in High School? A 4.67 is Jerry Rice's fastest time ever as a pro. Many NFL starting saftey's run the same time. Just hating because you want to hate.

I think it's just a frustration thing. Like we could lose Michael Irvins nephew to Florida. But we got an Alabam corner. Just can't say we're locking down Sfla but let a Cane greats nephew go to UF.

He wanted to wait unti Jan 10, 2015 to annouce his choice on his bday but Miami staffers must have pressed him to commit now in order to stave off the bad news of the recent decommitments and potential misses in recruiting.

Here is the article about him wanting to Wait on committing to a school.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/spain_park_db_michael_jackson.html

Either that or he has always been a fan of Miami. A lot of these out of state kids are lifelong Miami fans as well.

To be fair, he is on the Alabama All-State team, and he has offers from Nebraska and Minnesota.

And LSU and UGA, just not listed and I'm
Not sure why, but that's solid

http://www.chatsports.com/alabama-c...ffer-Spain-Park-DB-Michael-Jackson-0-10122225

If he had actual offers from either of those schools they would've cracked the Top 5 he posted last month, which included the likes of Akron and Southern Miss. Especially since he's said he wants to play in the SEC. Those two offers aren't listed by any of the recruiting sites either (247, ESPN, or Rivals).

He's a kid from SEC country without any actual SEC offers.

It happens. Nate Andrews is from Alabama and was committed to Minnesota and had no SEC offers until an all star game in December of his senior year. Alabama and the Vols offered. Bama pulled their offer apparently though. When he visited FSU he committed there. Really good player.

It likely won't play out that way for us. Just how it seems to go.

Bama will treat a kid in their state just like a Fenton or Hoggins are supposedly being mistreated. Kaaya got that treatment from UCLA and USC. Not a unique story. Certainly doesn't mean the kid can't play.

Advertisement
99% of the people on here looked at his offer sheet and the fact that hes not from sfla and just bandwagoned comments like a heard of sheep. You guys know absoluely nothing about this kid yet your bashing him. Funny that fans checking the post board on there lunch break from 9-5 jobs or classes and homework know more than a staff working for years and watching hours of tape and interviews with a kid that attended camp and visited the U. Cue Al Foden/Dorito/Can he play DT/Fly banner/Fire Golden/Butch wouldnt take this kid comments to follow.

I'm part of the other% that spoke off his film along with others. How about you compare his film to Ronnie Hoggins, Davante Davis Carlton Davis, Deandre Baker, Brewton, **** even throw in Jeffrey Hill and tell me what you think. Not bashing the kid or being bias but just speaking the truth. Just cause a staff spends hours evaluating players does not mean their good at it, in this case they offered him so he was a guy of their choice. If our staff was doing the right thing then this board wouldn't have so much negativity .

Here's the thing about the whole evaluating angle...

You mind giving me a list of guys who were bad evaluations?

Especially in the last two classes?

Preston Dewey
Dwayne Hoilett
Jacoby Briscoe
Earl Moore
Dequan Ivery
Jelani Hamilton

is what I've got from the 2012 class, but outside of those guys, where are the guys that you've seen that we shouldn't have recruited.

Kamalu has been a REALLY good player for us.
Gabe Terry was a really good player until he went all Gabe Terry on us.
Antonio Crawford hasn't been spectacular, but I'd say he's been solid.
Taylor Gadbois was turning out to be a nice find.
Gunter has been really solid.
Nick Linder and Courtel Jenkins look like guys who could be all-conference performers within a couple years.

I don't think talent evaluation is this staff's problem. It's the utilization of said talent and closing on premium recruits where they leave a bit to be desired.

For the most part, when this staff says somebody is pretty good, they tend to be pretty good.

You forgot James Burgess, Skai Moore, Battle, McKenzie, etc. Choosing who not to offer shows some pretty ****** evaluation as well.

99% of the people on here looked at his offer sheet and the fact that hes not from sfla and just bandwagoned comments like a heard of sheep. You guys know absoluely nothing about this kid yet your bashing him. Funny that fans checking the post board on there lunch break from 9-5 jobs or classes and homework know more than a staff working for years and watching hours of tape and interviews with a kid that attended camp and visited the U. Cue Al Foden/Dorito/Can he play DT/Fly banner/Fire Golden/Butch wouldnt take this kid comments to follow.

I'm part of the other% that spoke off his film along with others. How about you compare his film to Ronnie Hoggins, Davante Davis Carlton Davis, Deandre Baker, Brewton, **** even throw in Jeffrey Hill and tell me what you think. Not bashing the kid or being bias but just speaking the truth. Just cause a staff spends hours evaluating players does not mean their good at it, in this case they offered him so he was a guy of their choice. If our staff was doing the right thing then this board wouldn't have so much negativity .

Here's the thing about the whole evaluating angle...

You mind giving me a list of guys who were bad evaluations?

Especially in the last two classes?

Preston Dewey
Dwayne Hoilett
Jacoby Briscoe
Earl Moore
Dequan Ivery
Jelani Hamilton

is what I've got from the 2012 class, but outside of those guys, where are the guys that you've seen that we shouldn't have recruited.

Kamalu has been a REALLY good player for us.
Gabe Terry was a really good player until he went all Gabe Terry on us.
Antonio Crawford hasn't been spectacular, but I'd say he's been solid.
Taylor Gadbois was turning out to be a nice find.
Gunter has been really solid.
Nick Linder and Courtel Jenkins look like guys who could be all-conference performers within a couple years.

I don't think talent evaluation is this staff's problem. It's the utilization of said talent and closing on premium recruits where they leave a bit to be desired.

For the most part, when this staff says somebody is pretty good, they tend to be pretty good.

You forgot James Burgess, Skai Moore, Battle, McKenzie, etc. Choosing who not to offer shows some pretty ****ty evaluation as well.

touche.

Don't disagree with that.

My point was simply that the guys that they pick don't seem to be bad takes.

To be fair, he is on the Alabama All-State team, and he has offers from Nebraska and Minnesota.

And LSU and UGA, just not listed and I'm
Not sure why, but that's solid

http://www.chatsports.com/alabama-c...ffer-Spain-Park-DB-Michael-Jackson-0-10122225

If he had actual offers from either of those schools they would've cracked the Top 5 he posted last month, which included the likes of Akron and Southern Miss. Especially since he's said he wants to play in the SEC. Those two offers aren't listed by any of the recruiting sites either (247, ESPN, or Rivals).

He's a kid from SEC country without any actual SEC offers.

It happens. Nate Andrews is from Alabama and was committed to Minnesota and had no SEC offers until an all star game in December of his senior year. Alabama and the Vols offered. Bama pulled their offer apparently though. When he visited FSU he committed there. Really good player.

It likely won't play out that way for us. Just how it seems to go.

Bama will treat a kid in their state just like a Fenton or Hoggins are supposedly being mistreated. Kaaya got that treatment from UCLA and USC. Not a unique story. Certainly doesn't mean the kid can't play.

Best take I've seen all day.

Like the pick up.

From a powerhouse program

+ size

Versatility

Fits a need at the Boundary corner spot..since we are obviously not getting any of the Davis's and the kid from DC might be a tough pull.

I welcome the kid......I'm not big on Hoggins so it doesnt bother me...i like Fenton though...carol city kids produce for us. Redwine seems to be a take imo as well...

Advertisement
Nebraska, Minnesota, LSU and UGA all offer, he choses us and you are all ****ed lmao. why because he runs a 4.67 in High School? A 4.67 is Jerry Rice's fastest time ever as a pro. Many NFL starting saftey's run the same time. Just hating because you want to hate.

Breaking News: You don't list Akron and Southern Miss in your top 5 if you have legitimate offers from LSU and Georgia.

People are ****ed because his tape isn't that impressive considering the guys we are missing on.

Your listing the 40 time is pointless and pretty vaginal. Who cares about that? Your Jerry Rice comparison is also pointless seeing as they play different positions.

You're just trying to be Captain Save-A-Hoe.

Last edited:
Btw, we've yet to get the bat signal from Coach Carroll so this is all starting to feel like this kid might have jumped the gun. Unless I missed it.

Advertisement
I'll withhold my thoughts on him until I see the bat signal and this announced from a more reputable source. Needless to say, his biggest attribute is his physicality. I only saw him be a linear athlete and quite literally never saw him flip his hips and turn and run with a WR in the whole video. Even his practice highlight is him intercepting a terrible pass against a lazy WR who doesn't even threaten his stem.

Advertisement
Have a feeling he comes in at safety and eventually gets moved to OLB. Has an Armbursiter look all over him. I'll take it

With our fans, we don't deserve top flight recruits. They're just as bad as they say the coaches are.
Welcome to The U(if true) Michael Jackson! I hope your time at The U is a thriller...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back