2023 Harbor signs NIL deal with champs sports-commits to USCe.

Advertisement
My wild *** guess here is that this kid's heart is not really in football. He may have made the decision based on which football coach told him he'd have the most freedom for track work. I can see a scenario where Mario made it clear that football needed to be his priority and track secondary. South Carolina likely told him what he wanted to hear in this regard. Just a guess though.

Where ever he ends up I wonder if early in his career T&F is the focus to see if he truly has Olympic type dreams. I think he is truly a question mark in football which others have said. Boom or bust. So he likely isnt seeing much burn early at most of these places other than maybe a go route here and there. 10.2 is unreal and I am sure he has some things he can clean up plus maturing over the next 1-3 years could shave a bit off that time.

Would not shock me one bit if he was out of there in 1 year.

Advertisement
This kid is a FREAK athlete. Want him really badly. If our coach’s can coach for a **** they can make a serviceable player at minimum. Not sure why some are so low on him

This kid is a FREAK athlete. Want him really badly. If our coach’s can coach for a **** they can make a serviceable player at minimum. Not sure why some are so low on him

B/c he’s more focused on T&F than football currently. So it’s a dedication situation. I’ll be keeping an eye on him b/c he’s an intriguing prospect.

Advertisement
This is a kid that you DON'T blow the NIL budget with. He's high ceiling but very low floor.

Imagine blowing an NIL budget for JW00 two years ago.

Spend the money on Portal "free agents".

B/c he’s more focused on T&F than football currently. So it’s a dedication situation. I’ll be keeping an eye on him b/c he’s an intriguing prospect.
This is exactly right. He wants to run track, but knows football is where the money is. Dudes using football as a placeholder for that very reason. Not the other way around.

IF he focuses on football for the next 4 years, he could be a monster. But that would likely require changing positions or at least gaining weight. Problem is he's going to have his eyes on the Olympics for the next 4 years, not football.

This is exactly right. He wants to run track, but knows football is where the money is. Dudes using football as a placeholder for that very reason. Not the other way around.

IF he focuses on football for the next 4 years, he could be a monster. But that would likely require changing positions or at least gaining weight. Problem is he's going to have his eyes on the Olympics for the next 4 years, not football.

It’s y coming to us was a pipe dream at best. We didn’t have the infrastructure to bring him in b/c of where his focus is. It was fun to speculate (not really, lol), but anyone who truly followed this kid knows he’s legit a track prodigy that happens to be really good at football, as well, due to his athleticism.

I dont know much if anything about track. But I would have to assume as fast as 10.2 is, Shaving off that last .3 of a second to make him a legit Olympic threat is going to take time...especially someone his size who is likely going to put on 5-10 more lbs just maturing.

Advertisement
I’m in SC now and know a few people tied into the program and they said it’s basically been a done deal since the summer

Maryland made a push but they’ve been confident

I’m supremely confident in Mario and his recruiting prowess but we were never a threat here though the kid was classy in always complimenting us

Not to be a douche about it, but I think it's highly unlikely he'll have much of a CFB career if any. The only value would be to up our class ranking from #7 to maybe #6, but that's about it. Truly nothing to see here. Move along.

Advertisement
Just announced; It's South Carolina
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

It’s y coming to us was a pipe dream at best. We didn’t have the infrastructure to bring him in b/c of where his focus is. It was fun to speculate (not really, lol), but anyone who truly followed this kid knows he’s legit a track prodigy that happens to be really good at football, as well, due to his athleticism.

I said and knew as soon as I saw some of his times, we didn't stand a chance. No big deal, I'm a fan and hope to see him wearing the red, white, and blue one day. If he can manage both, that's amazing as well. I felt the same way about Pleasant who's going to Oregon. They'll face up one day, even as soon as next year, on the track.

I said and knew as soon as I saw some of his times, we didn't stand a chance. No big deal, I'm a fan and hope to see him wearing the red, white, and blue one day. If he can manage both, that's amazing as well. I felt the same way about Pleasant who's going to Oregon. They'll face up one day, even as soon as next year, on the track.

He’s made it quite clear that one of his goals, the Olympics. USCe has a solid T&F program, & one of their selling points well b4 UO came on scene was preparing him to be successful at both levels. UO came late, but at the end, he said he stuck w/ the comfort level that was built over time. Good for him, & I’ll be peeping him. He’s intriguing for sure.

Advertisement
Back