2023 Harbor signs NIL deal with champs sports-commits to USCe.

Advertisement
Working Small Business GIF by QuickBooks

Advertisement
Good for him, but if someone can unravel the thread from Champ Sports, it should lead to a specific school. Just my random thought here, but this can’t be a random NIL deal, at least in my mind.

The fact that there is no obvious connection to Miami means that he’s not coming here. If there was, I think we would know it already.

Good for him, but if someone can unravel the thread from Champ Sports, it should lead to a specific school. Just my random thought here, but this can’t be a random NIL deal, at least in my mind.

The fact that there is no obvious connection to Miami means that he’s not coming here. If there was, I think we would know it already.

100%

I believe the Cavinder Twins have an NIL with Champ Sports. Not that I think he is coming here but there is a tiny overlap with UM and Champ

For what it's worth, Champs Sports is a subsidiary of Foot Locker, and has its headquarters in Brandenton, Florida.

Advertisement
I believe the Cavinder Twins have an NIL with Champ Sports. Not that I think he is coming here but there is a tiny overlap with UM and Champ

For what it's worth, Champs Sports is a subsidiary of Foot Locker, and has its headquarters in Brandenton, Florida.

Good points from you both. Both champs and footlocker have strong state of Florida ties, including many of their executive level employees. This may or may not mean anything but it’s something to keep in mind.

Then, again, it could be a sub-rosa mandate from Nike, if I’m feeling especially paranoid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are by no means in position to say "Why there"

But that being said out of the remaining schools SC is an odd choice in terms of football. They lost a few of their "best" guys to the portal. Their recruiting class is okay. Their transfers coming in are ok. Last year other then the Tennessee win they were pretty bad. The last few years their track and field program average at best and has had way more success on the womens side with regards to sprints.

On top of that out of all the schools Rattler is probably the biggest question mark in regards to a qb. If you take away the Tennessee game Rattler was not good at all.

But maybe the mix of being the guy, their medical school, and fairly close to home was enough.

Advertisement
Back