2023 Harbor signs NIL deal with champs sports-commits to USCe.

Cribby said we were still in this as of last week. Could this end up being a nice surprise?

Advertisement
Does not the fact that he signed with Champs eliminate Nike as a potential NIL deal and hence eliminate Oregon?

I know we're down on the list and the kid never visited but I think he's coming.

1. He wants to play WR
2. We have no big WR kid could start here immediately
3. He wants to run track. Do you need a really good track team around you or do you need good weather in the spring?
4. He wants to be an orthopedic surgeon....Miami has a solid med school, while obviously its no guarantee to admission, gotta think a big time alumnus has a leg up on other applicants.
6. Lotta NIL money freed up when Cormani left

Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws but this is the best looking athlete coming out of hs that I've seen since Sean Taylor
Reaching Ronda Rousey GIF by WWE

Advertisement
He didn’t visit. I’m sure Mario would have found a way for him to visit if it was UM.

Correct. For as much headway as we may have made - he never visited. Yes I know his mom/sister or whatever made it down but it’s not the same. No visit no commit.

Probably going to oregon

Advertisement
South Carolina has a history of producing track Olympians. They are no slouch. I remember Natasha Hastings and i think Jason Richardson went there. I could be wrong on Richardson but im sure about Hastings, who has Jamaican parents and from NY.

Signing with Champs wouldn't affect a Nike / Oregon deal. They sell Nike products. It also doesn't say how much the deal is. He could be used in whatever capacity for advertisements relating to the company rather than a particular product.

1. He can do that at any school.

2. He could potentially start anywhere.

3. You can run track anywhere, but it's like any other sport, you want to go where there's a history of success. We literally have none on the men's side of the sport. One Olympian in our history, 20 plus years ago.

4. He could do that anywhere. Ours is alright.

5. You skipped right to 6.

6. True for is, but couldn't tell you a thing about the other schools NIL potential. Oregon would be through the roof of needed.

I've said since day one I'd be floored if he came here. Literally floored. Good luck to him wherever he goes and as I don't watch the NFL, I hope T&F works out for him. Yes he could be an WR anywhere, but we have a specific need for a big WR. He would have no competition for reps. Track is an individualistic sport. He's running it so he could be in the Olympics from what I've read. What difference is it what the track team does as long as his personal times are the best. Where's the Oregaon NIL money coming from? Not Nike, he just signed with Champ Sports a direct competitor of Nike.

Correct. For as much headway as we may have made - he never visited. Yes I know his mom/sister or whatever made it down but it’s not the same. No visit no commit.

Probably going to oregon
He prolly end up at Miami. But Citizen signed without a visit didnt he?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiltfong seems to have the most accurate predictions and I think he recently flipped from Oregon to South Carolina and we're not in the picture........ I am still hoping beyond hope that his signing an NIL deal with a competitor of Nike means Oregon is out of the picture.......extraordinarily log shot given he didn't take a visit, but why would he agree to the in home with Mario?.....yes, I know these are straws I'm grasping for but we desperately need a big wide out.

Advertisement
Back