Coaching Dan Mullen OC Poll

Would Dan Mullen be a great fit as OC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've seen varying degrees of responses on whether or not Dan Mullen would be a good hire as OC. IMO he'd be an elite hire as OC, specifically because his main weakness is covered in a big way due to CMCs top shelf recruiting ability. So Dan would only need to "participate" in recruiting 1 guy a year, the QB
From a play calling/Coaching standpoint he's our best option. Not sure if he's a fit with all the other stuff

Advertisement
So yall wanna risk the players catching the cudis when his wife tongue kiss them? I wouldn't mind him as a coach but the recruiting concerns me. I don't want any passengers who think recruiting is below them....and his wife cant stay around the team, she has to hit biscayne

I’d rather have Briles or Dorsey. Is Mullen looking at OC jobs? I assumed he’d take an off field job this year to keep his full buyout, then look for another HC job after that. He had a lot of success at Miss St and, even at UF, things were going pretty well for him until this year.
Who EVER said Dorsey was remotely interested in college coaching? Briles is a college coach .. might take a lateral move if he felt the money and program was a resume enhancer. Dorsey is in line to be the next OC with the Bills .. and already turned down two NFL OC jobs this season. It's going to be Briles or some name people will go WTF?

"Too goofy," "wouldn't fit our culture," and couldn't win at the "top tier" with him?

I'm not sure what some of you are talking about here.

He spent 3 years as OC under Ubran Meyer at UF. They went 35-6.
They won 2 SEC championships.
They won 2 National Titles.

This was all under one of the biggest hard *** head coaches in football.

He's shown historically that he's capable of running highly-ranked championship offenses that win at the highest level under an ******* coach.

And for being goofy he fit in just fine with one of the most thugged out teams in cfb history. He flopped as a coach. He's flourished as an OC.

"Too goofy," "wouldn't fit our culture," and couldn't win at the "top tier" with him?

He's shown historically that he's capable of running highly-ranked championship offenses that win at the highest level under an ******* coach.

And for being goofy he fit in just fine with one of the most thugged out teams in cfb history. He flopped as a coach. He's flourished as an OC.
Problem with Mullen is the MOMENT he signed with UM he would be looking around for his next HC job or an NFL job. That's what he did at UF .. totally put his UF coaching duties aside. Very fast pass on Mullen.

Advertisement
I've seen varying degrees of responses on whether or not Dan Mullen would be a good hire as OC. IMO he'd be an elite hire as OC, specifically because his main weakness is covered in a big way due to CMCs top shelf recruiting ability. So Dan would only need to "participate" in recruiting 1 guy a year, the QB

His main weakness is that he is an arrogant cuck flake with zero self-awareness who does nutty things because he thinks he is connecting "with the kids"...

As stated elsewhere, Mullen is a Gator and goofy as ****. BUT . . . would be a home-run hire to coach-up TVD & young QB. Would he stay more than a year or two? **** no. That's true of anyone worth their soul Mario hires. You want someone others folks are gonna want.

Where? At Bowling Green under Urban Meyer? At Utah under Urban Meyer? At Florida under Urban Meyer?

Mullet is a neo maxi zoom dweebie who hasn't "shown historically that he's capable of running highly-ranked championship offenses that win at the highest level" except when he is employed by Urban Meyer. So maybe we should hire Urban Meyer as our OC.

Please explain to us where Mullet has "historically" shown these traits, outside of his ONE stint as an OC:

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1994–1995 Wagner (WR)
1996–1997 Columbia (WR)
1998 Syracuse (GA)[1]
1999–2000 Notre Dame (GA)
2001–2002 Bowling Green (QB)
2003–2004 Utah (QB)
2005–2008 Florida (OC/QB)
2009–2017 Mississippi State
2018–2021 Florida

Advertisement
He'd be an amazing offensive coordinator and it's not debatable.

I'd rather have Briles and a few others more though fyi.

Oh, it's VERY debatable.

He's been an OC once. ONCE. At Florida for a few years under Meyer.

"Not debatable". What a crock.

Is Mullen even in consideration for the OC job?

His name has only been brought up by fans, I don’t think I’ve read any reports that Mario is considering him?

He’s currently unemployed, so if he was a candidate, why would they need to wait to announce him?

Mullen would be a phenomenal OC hire and anyone who refutes that is just ignoring his body of work, but his corny and egotistical personality would prevent us from achieving top tier success; think we'd be consistently a 9-10 win team, occasional 11 wins.

And before you even remotely think to mention his offense this season...he almost beat Bama strictly running the ball with Emory trashcan Jones. Let that sink in.

What is his body of work as an OC? Please tell me about those earth-shattering four years, when he redefined the OC position...

Advertisement
....and oh yeah, yes.

The man can call plays with the best of them and develops QBs. Thats literally ALL I CARE ABOUT for my OC. Idc about his personality, or his wife, or him “giving up” as a Head Coach. Has he shown the ability to call plays at a high level? Yes. Well then yes, I’d be all for it.

All moot though, won’t happen.

Here’s the problem with hiring a non recruiter as the OC/QB’s coach...

You’re leaving the QB evals up to Mario & McClendon.

Have Mario & BMac shown they can nail the QB position from an eval standpoint?

Because Oregon had a whole host of 4-star QB’s who didn’t take a snap & were beat out by Anthony Brown & about to get usurped by Bo Nix, two QB’s who are not very good...

Advertisement
Problem with Mullen is the MOMENT he signed with UM he would be looking around for his next HC job or an NFL job. That's what he did at UF .. totally put his UF coaching duties aside. Very fast pass on Mullen.
Sure, but the same can be said about nearly every coordinator at every top notch program. If you're hiring good coordinators, w/in 2-3 years, someone is going to poach that guy for HC. See Lashlee.

Sure, but the same can be said about nearly every coordinator at every top notch program. If you're hiring good coordinators, w/in 2-3 years, someone is going to poach that guy for HC. See Lashlee.
Oh I understand that .. being poached is one thing .. totally ignoring your CURRENT job because you're looking .. is a bad look.

Where? At Bowling Green under Urban Meyer? At Utah under Urban Meyer? At Florida under Urban Meyer?

Mullet is a neo maxi zoom dweebie who hasn't "shown historically that he's capable of running highly-ranked championship offenses that win at the highest level" except when he is employed by Urban Meyer. So maybe we should hire Urban Meyer as our OC.

Please explain to us where Mullet has "historically" shown these traits, outside of his ONE stint as an OC:

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1994–1995 Wagner (WR)
1996–1997 Columbia (WR)
1998 Syracuse (GA)[1]
1999–2000 Notre Dame (GA)
2001–2002 Bowling Green (QB)
2003–2004 Utah (QB)
2005–2008 Florida (OC/QB)
2009–2017 Mississippi State
2018–2021 Florida
5D inverted, infra-mother****in-red terminator *** fractal chess

Advertisement