Coaching Dan Mullen OC Poll

Would Dan Mullen be a great fit as OC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Florida and Ohio State want to win as much as anyone, and those programs will win at all costs. So it has to say something when both of those programs wanted him gone.

I guess it means another major program won’t go after him? What you think? Anyway, this is getting off topic. Bottom line for “me“ it is time to win. Give me the coach(s) that know how to do that. Period. I don’t care how weird, how much of an a hole, whatever, just win.

Advertisement
Mullen would be a phenomenal OC hire and anyone who refutes that is just ignoring his body of work, but his corny and egotistical personality would prevent us from achieving top tier success; think we'd be consistently a 9-10 win team, occasional 11 wins.

And before you even remotely think to mention his offense this season...he almost beat Bama strictly running the ball with Emory trashcan Jones. Let that sink in.
The guy is overrated and always has been....you mention the Alabaga game ...Alabaga was winning 21-3 and got comfy...the gator tried to get it close with like a few min left..but if you watch that game baga was never really in danger.
How about mentioning the powerhouse offensive show his offense put scoring 13 to Kentucky, 7 to UGA, 16 to Mizzou, and had scored only 17 to fspoo until a td in 4th quarter...in Gainesville....

And then scoring 20 vs Oklahoma in bowl game...

Dude is goofy AF, has a **** attitude, and thinks he is better than he actually is. As if the NFL was going to run to him and be head over heels....thats laughable.... Fvck that guy...never been a fan and never will be.

Dan Mullen would be a terrific hire in my opinion.

Dan Mullen has a weird personality. Dan Mullen isn't a good recruiter. Dan Mullen isn't a strong leader of men. All of these things are true but guess what else is true?

Dan Mullen is one of the best offensive minds in the game. Dan Mullen has 15+ years of proven success as a coordinator. Dan Mullen has a history elevating his QBs. As much criticism as Dan Mullen has gotten at UF, Trask and Franks both are in the NFL. The man had one of the best offenses in the last decade to his name.

Dan Mullen might be apathetic towards recruiting, but that's why we have Mario. That's why it's important Mario is hiring recruiters to make sure the chef, Mullen, would have the right ingredients to make a championship meal. Ultimately, Mullen would need to be the primary recruiter on one position per year, QB. Other than that, he could be the secondary recruiter on the rest and focus in on his strength which is game planning. To follow up on the QB position, the QB room is set for Mullen for the foreseeable future if things stay in place as is with Garcia and Brown backing up TVD.

Mullen is a poor leader. That's why Mario was hired to set the tone and change the culture. Mario's voice is the loudest in the room and reverberates among the players. The OC coach, DC coach, WR coach, LB coach, etc... All follow Mario's lead.

Dan Mullen is weird. Who gives a **** about personality if that weirdo is putting players in a position to be successful. Who gives a **** if the weirdo is putting up 30ppg. Who gives a **** if the weirdo is maximizing our players potential and getting them drafted.

Is Mullen the perfect option, of course not. Is he the best option available? In my eyes he is.

Case closed, your honor. Lol

Last edited:
Dan Mullen would be a terrific hire in my opinion.

Dan Mullen has weird personality. Dan Mullen isn't a good recruiter. Dan Mullen isn't a strong leader of men. All of things are true but guess what else is true?

Dan Mullen is one of the best offensive minds in the game. Dan Mullen has 15+ years of proven success as a coordinator. Dan Mullen has a history elevating his QBs. As much criticism as Dan Mullen has gotten at UF, Trask and Franks both are in the NFL. The man had one of the best offenses in the last decade to his name.

Dan Mullen might be apathetic towards recruiting, but that's why we have Mario. That's why it's important Mario is hiring recruiters to make sure the chef, Mullen, would have the right ingredients to make a championship meal. Ultimately, Mullen would need to be the primary recruiter on one position per year, QB. Other than that, he could be the secondary recruiter on the rest and focus in on his strength which is game planning. To follow up on the QB position, the QB room is set for Mullen for the foreseeable future if things stay in place as is with Garcia and Brown backing up TVD.

Mullen is a poor leader. That's why Mario was hired to set the tone and change the culture. Mario's voice is the loudest in the room and reverberates among the players. The OC coach, DC coach, WR coach, LB coach, etc... All follow Mario's lead.

Dan Mullen is weird. Who gives a **** about personality if that weirdo is putting in a position to be successful. Who gives a **** if the weirdo is putting up 30ppg. Who gives a **** if the weirdo is maximizing our players potential and getting them drafted.

Is Mullen the perfect option, of course not. Is he the best option available? In my eyes he is.

Case closed, your honor. Lol

**** yeh

fck no

Advertisement
Cristobal went on to share how establishing a championship culture starts with putting together the right coaching staff that can go out and land elite players year after year through recruiting.

“You have to make sure you get the right players,” Cristobal said. “The players that fit. You have to make sure that the mentality is one where we are not going to proclaim anything or tweet it. You have to work it into existence. Swagger is a by-product of kicking butt. Getting the right coaches here to build that culture is important, but you have got to have elite talent and that is where we are going full throttle. We also understand that we can cast a wide net because it is a national brand, but it starts with home base.”

AKA, NOT GOOFY, LAZY-*** RECRUITING, ARROGANT, DESPISED BY MANY, DAN MULLEN.

dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators

Mullen is a hard pass - not only because he is "goofy" and more importantly, can't recruit. But rather, because he's a JAG when it comes to the thing his supporters here keep preening about: that he's an "offensive guru" who can develop quarterbacks.

I looked back to see how "elite" his offenses actually were based on where they ranked in Points / Game. Here's his resume:

In other words, in his 13 seasons as a head coach, Mullen's offenses have been in the top 20 only twice. And those were in seasons where his QBs had Heisman contending years (Dak and Trask). Other than that, his offenses have been somewhere between meh and mediocre.

I'd also contend that it hasn't been he who "developed" his QBs but rather, a few QBs that made him look good just a couple of times. And with that, even @flagator86 pointed out that the Trask year likely had more to do with Brian Johnson than Mullen.

And for anyone who wants to go back to his success at Florida with Urban, remember - THAT WAS 13 SEASONS AGO - on a team that had a once-in-a-generation college QB surrounded by NFL talent. That era ended just as some guy named "Nick Saban" started dominating at Bama.

Advertisement
Mullen is a hard pass - not only because he is "goofy" and more importantly, can't recruit. But rather, because he's a JAG when it comes to the thing his supporters here keep preening about: that he's an "offensive guru" who can develop quarterbacks.

I looked back to see how "elite" his offenses actually were based on where they ranked in Points / Game. Here's his resume:

In other words, in his 13 seasons as a head coach, Mullen's offenses have been in the top 20 only twice. And those were in seasons where his QBs had Heisman contending years (Dak and Trask). Other than that, his offenses have been somewhere between meh and mediocre.

I'd also contend that it hasn't been he who "developed" his QBs but rather, a few QBs that made him look good just a couple of times. And with that, even @flagator86 pointed out that the Trask year likely had more to do with Brian Johnson than Mullen.

And for anyone who wants to go back to his success at Florida with Urban, remember - THAT WAS 13 SEASONS AGO - on a team that had a once-in-a-generation college QB surrounded by NFL talent. That era ended just as some guy named "Nick Saban" started dominating at Bama.

You’re saying ALL the things a few of us been hipped to a few seasons again about him. He’s only had ONE QB that he recruited and developed get drafted. He’s the type that would turn TVD into a high draft pick but then when it’s time for him to hit the trail and get his QB, he’ll get a mid tier QB and not play him until he’s been on campus for 3-4 years.

BRING him the ingredients and he’ll make you a feast but if he has to go to the store and get his own ingredients, be prepared to be let down

Advertisement
Back