Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we do not have any screens in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any toss sweeps to Rooster in the playbook.
Apparently we we do not have any stop or hook routes in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any WRs that can catch (other than X).
Apparently we believe the odds of trying to score a TD from the 3 on 4th down is much less than trying to score a 2 point conversion on one play from the 2.
I now know why Michigan did match our offer for Gattis…..

"Apparently we do not have any screens in the playbook."

Yeah can't excuse that.
We needed to get the ball Parish and Rooster on screens and to my recollection we didn't attempt any.

Advertisement
Kids played with a TON of heart tonight boys. Culture of quitting has definitely changed.
Void of playmakers on OFF at WR.
DEF is legit.

I didn't believe it before tonight but we have a very good chance of being a 1 loss team heading into the Clemson game. FSU game will test us as well...but I think our WRs improve as conference play kicks off in 3 weeks.

2-1 and on to Middle Tennessee State
I agree. I think we win the Coastal and play Clemson in ACC Championship.

Last edited:
We did not have a consistent offense last year. We had a boom-or-bust offense with zero consistent running game, and that relied entirely on chunk plays to score and move the chains.

We were a 7-5 team that could have been 3-9 or 9-3.

I think my post still exists somewhere where I said you guys hoping for some sort of superstar tvd year should pump the brakes. He’ll be a better nfl player than college player and tonight is largely what I implied, unlike a lot of people I saw our offense in person. I saw it at Michigan and I saw it here. Didn’t take me long to gather he would take a step back

Advertisement
That was literally shocking to me when I read it.
He doesn't have the natural leadership instincts you expect from your quarterback. That isn't to say he can't be successful if you're getting that leadership from other places, or that he can't lead in his own way, but traditionally that doesn't cut it

You don’t need a premier WR to produce either.. case in point. In lashlee’s o we had Harley and rambo two honestly average guys who were doing things they were comfortable with
Fair point . But average as they are I would take them back in a heartbeat over this current group . Like I said you can’t tailor the O around any of these guys because they ain’t reliable . They had opportunities tonight and failed . I’m perfectly fine with Gattis leaning on the strength of his personnel before he goes trying to win recruiting battles

And having premier WRs would’ve won us that game imo . Atleast Rambo could make contested catches

The clock mgmt & draining the clock confused the chit outta me, along w/ being way too conservative two times in the RZ.

lol we were running the clock out on our final punt!!! Wtf why are we wasting so much time on the clock.

So, now we play to win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG. I feel that our defense may well be good enough to do that. But, I need more from the offense to believe that we will achieve that reduced role.

Advertisement
He was the same way last year for the first half of every game. Difference is he calmed down. This year new scheme and more focus on the program has a different spotlight and he hasn't overcome it yet.

Garcia doesn't seem to me like he feels that pressure. Even in press conferences you can see a huge difference in leadership and confidence

Give the kid a shot please

He's going to transfer out and blow the **** up somewhere. Watch, he's not going to sit another year and truth be told, I wouldn't want to be a QB in this offense. TVD needed to have a good year and he's off to a dud of one so far.

We did not have a consistent offense last year. We had a boom-or-bust offense with zero consistent running game, and that relied entirely on chunk plays to score and move the chains.

The question is would you rather consistently mediocre or the boom or bust potential of chunk plays? I was hoping for a marriage of the two. But like I said earlier it’s not fair to criticize what lashlee did with his resources. Gattis had 3 o line coaches and a support staff. I would reckon lashlee’s o with Mario and Mirabel and company would be crazy

And, as it has since 2016, our OL sucks. Our fans love to ignore this because it isn't **** to talk about offensive line.

The question is would you rather consistently mediocre or the boom or bust potential of chunk plays? I was hoping for a marriage of the two. But like I said earlier it’s not fair to criticize what lashlee did with his resources. Gattis had 3 o line coaches and a support staff. I would reckon lashlee’s o with Mario and Mirabel and company would be crazy
I prefer Lashlee's offensive approach if I am being honest. But I don't think it wins us any more games this year than Gattis does. Our underlying issues remain the same.

Advertisement
He's going to transfer out and blow the **** up somewhere. Watch, he's not going to sit another year and truth be told, I wouldn't want to be a QB in this offense. TVD needed to have a good year and he's off to a dud of one so far.

Don't be surprise if TVD doesn't transfer out. His NFL dreams out and I wouldn't wanna play in this offensive scheme next year.

"Apparently we do not have any screens in the playbook."

Yeah can't excuse that.
We needed to get the ball Parish and Rooster on screens and to my recollection we didn't attempt any.
After Lashlee's 67 bubble screens a game last season, I never thought I'd hear a CIS poster call for a screen pass again.

I prefer Lashlee's offensive approach if I am being honest. But I don't think it wins us any more games this year than Gattis does. Our underlying issues remain the same.
Oh yeah I think we’re being extremely reactionary. Looking micro and not macro. I said we would win 9 games and I would love it

Advertisement

And only beat half of the bad teams we faced

After Lashlee's 67 bubble screens a game last season, I never thought I'd hear a CIS poster call for a screen pass again.

Well I don't think about in extremes like you. I didn’t say he should have run 67 bubble screens...but to not run any at all to get your RB in space is not good either.

Fair point . But average as they are I would take them back in a heartbeat over this current group . Like I said you can’t tailor the O around any of these guys because they ain’t reliable . They had opportunities tonight and failed . I’m perfectly fine with Gattis leaning on the strength of his personnel before he goes trying to win recruiting battles

And having premier WRs would’ve won us that game imo . Atleast Rambo could make contested catches
Just frustrating. I knew those entire gameplan like the back of my hand so to watch it unfold with no adjustments ate me up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back