Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
UVA has better wrs than TX AM , WE ARE vts SUPER BOWL EVERY GAME...Amd im going to bet money on unc beating us...

Southern Miss was more of a problem with their DL than TX AM was.....I guess cause it was an sec team and 100k fans yall think this a&m team..but they are sh*tty... The way we play offense fits right int he hands of the acc teams in our division.
You think UVA is playing good football? How about UNC defensively?

I'll check back in a few weeks.

You think UVA is playing good football? How about UNC defensively?

I'll check back in a few weeks.

Pentagon I admire your positivity. I wish I was like that but before today I was already scared of Duke, UNC and FSU and now....forget about it

I was telling everyone I was with tonight that Miami was the better team tonight and wasn’t even close…they just committed the dumb/immature mistakes like they have for the past 15 years. Insanely frustrating game.
This ^^^^ ....we were the better team tonight...we even had a huge time of possession, outgained them like 400 to 260...but drops and knucklehead penalties in red zone that were like unforced errors...very frustrating...bc let's be real...we were the better team...

Advertisement
When youre cutting the field in half or going high low but we are wasting routes in the same areas

QB's don't scan the whole field. There's a primary and secondary read. The first read was Smith and it was there.

Were losing 4-5 games this year
Not even close. If this O-Line continues to play this well, Miami will win 9+ games, merely because we will be able to consistently wear teams down in the ACC.

Even though TAMU are the masters of underachieving, they were, if you believe recruiting rankings significantly more talented than Miami. The gameplan wasn't the issue, the execution in the RedZone was. Miami scores one **** TD, this is a different game.

Years of mediocrity can't be cleaned out in one off-season. Why do you think that Mario is so big on recruiting? He saw the film,.he knows this roster has a lot of trash. The difference between Miami losing tonight and winning is mere competence at WR and enough depth to where ST doesn't have to rely on guys that probably shouldn't be out there.

Advertisement
He was the same way last year for the first half of every game. Difference is he calmed down. This year new scheme and more focus on the program has a different spotlight and he hasn't overcome it yet.

Garcia doesn't seem to me like he feels that pressure. Even in press conferences you can see a huge difference in leadership and confidence

Give the kid a shot please
It’s easy to forget but this guy went from lightly recruited and 3rd string behind Garcia to starting in a very short amount of time . And still has less than 10 career starts . He still has a lot to learn and room to grow IMO , Miami media crowned him too quickly as a result of needing ANY type of optimism

Unless I’m forgetting something , this was TVDs first big prime time road game in his career .

Fair point . But average as they are I would take them back in a heartbeat over this current group . Like I said you can’t tailor the O around any of these guys because they ain’t reliable . They had opportunities tonight and failed . I’m perfectly fine with Gattis leaning on the strength of his personnel before he goes trying to win recruiting battles

And having premier WRs would’ve won us that game imo . Atleast Rambo could make contested catches

Rambo and Harley are better then any of these guys. Those guys killed it last year in the ACC, these guys aren't. I wish we had Rambo right now

Dude...if you are scared of those teams then you got bigger problems...
Thats just ridiculous
WE CAN'T SCORE!!!! We were life and death against a bad Southern Miss for a half. That game was a telling sign that were not going to be good. UNC only needs 3 tds to beat us

It’s easy to forget but this guy went from lightly recruited and 3rd string behind Garcia to starting in a very short amount of time . And still has less than 10 career starts . He still has a lot to learn and room to grow IMO , Miami media crowned him too quickly as a result of needing ANY type of optimism

Unless I’m forgetting something , this was TVDs first big prime time road game in his career .
FSU was a big time game last year and Travis had more confidence in that game too. TVD didn't play poorly overall but had a ton of terrible plays and started nervous and slow in the first too.

Travis is a guy with a worse arm but he doesn't play with as many butterflies in his stomach. TVD has butterflies and even when he was crushing it he did

Advertisement
So, now we play to win the Coastal and play in the ACCCG. I feel that our defense may well be good enough to do that. But, I need more from the offense to believe that we will achieve that reduced role.
One or two less errors and we win. Thought OC was awful, Enos/Nix level, but still coulda won.

We would won it if rest played.

Manolo, ***, Dicht and Radio woulda been blown out 8 mins into 1st qtr.
TvD hasn't beat a average or better team

No more Mallory.

And, as it has since 2016, our OL sucks. Our fans love to ignore this because it isn't **** to talk about offensive line.
This O line isn't even close to the problem. Miami consistently ran the ball down TAMUs throat tonight, and that's despite everyone knowing Miami's pass game is cheeks thanks to a bad WR room....TVD had a clean pocket all night, he missed some throws, when he had plenty of room to work. That's not an OL problem.

Advertisement
WE CAN'T SCORE!!!! We were life and death against a bad Southern Miss for a half. That game was a telling sign that were not going to be good. UNC only needs 3 tds to beat us
No one is scared of those teams....no one is...
Get a grip of yourself.
I dont care if you are the best team...if you drop more than 6 passes and do penalties in the red zone...its hard to score a lot....
We went to a sold out 107k place on a 8pm kickoff (Texas time), outplayed that team and beat ourselves...

So. Everyone coaching ST doesn’t seem to be working. Anyone on Staff have actual ST experience??

One or two less errors and we win. Thought OC was awful, Enos/Nix level, but still coulda won.

We would won it if rest played.

Manolo, ***, Dicht and Radio woulda been blown out 8 mins into 1st qtr.
TvD hasn't beat a average or better team

No more Mallory.
People in Pittsburgh would disagree about TVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back