Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we do not have any screens in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any toss sweeps to Rooster in the playbook.
Apparently we we do not have any stop or hook routes in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any WRs that can catch (other than X).
Apparently we believe the odds of trying to score a TD from the 3 on 4th down is much less than trying to score a 2 point conversion on one play from the 2.
I now know why Michigan did match our offer for Gattis…..

He will not last more than 1 more year, and Mario is gonna have to also have a major philosophical discussion with himself.

Advertisement
We failed to reel in a top WR from the portal…

Can’t keep the 5 stud WR recruits home?

WHY??

He looked good enough, in a bad O, to win the game. He didn't look GOOD, but he didn't stink up the joint. People are acting like he was Kirby Freeman bad.

Fact is, our D is freaking solid. I love our D. I can live without Dan Enos flashbacks, though.
Not good enough. He looked bad.

I tried to temper expectations, but fans love Kool Aid. I’ve been following this team for way too long & this roster was a lucky 7-5. The team is playing harder, but the roster is inconsistently constructed.
This team would have folded after the muffed punt/quick td under mandy. Mario needs a couple more classes but I (maybe foolishly) hope he'll also continue to evolve as a coach. There were so many things that left me scratching my head

Advertisement
We failed to reel in a top WR from the portal…

Can’t keep the 5 stud WR recruits home?

WHY??
It’s not even that we need gamebreakers we don’t even have competence out wide. Bad route running bad IQ and to top it off bad ball skills. X is the only one that know how to run a route.

Know we arent. There are teams in the ACC with much better offense than this TX AM offense and they will finally attack this defense.

Im gonna keep it a buck tthe weakness in this d is the secondary and their tackling.....Its some acc teams real soon that will test that...and with this offense....woosh.

We can barely score against Southern Miss and Texas A&M has three true frosh CB's on the field at times this week, yet we don't even have one TD or big play in the game...... Yet somehow some think we roll all but Clemson? Surely they're joking. Just thought I'd touch on the other side.

Keep keeping it real man.

Is TVD right physically? Is he dealing with an injury? Doesn't look right physically IMO.
(Not excusing the offense)

UNC cannot stop anybody. VT is horrible and so is UVA. Comes down to Pitt.
But UNC can score. Right now, we’ve faced 3 anemic offenses.

We smoked BCU, as we should
We struggled w/ So Miss, & had a great 2nd half
Today we struggled the entire game

The commonality the last two games is the O have struggled for the past 6 of 8 quarters. We’ve been in position to win in these last 2 games b/c we’ve played the 111th & 103rd ranked offenses. UNC is 5th, FSU is 21st, Duke is 29th. So the question will be if we keep chitting the bed w/ these slow, unproductive starts, will our defense continue to hold up against more potent offenses allowing us to stay in games?

My inclination says no. App St showed us A&M was more than beatable, we became favorites. Yet, A&M’s defense wasn’t So Miss defense. Their O couldn’t score, but A&M has a formidable defense. They took advantage of our mistakes, but most importantly, our lack of O.

Advertisement
We don’t have a premier WR bro . Certainly not one to tailor an entire offense around lmao these dudes can’t even consistently catch

It was literally Rambo and Harley last year with a little X. The other guys got the bulk of their stats in garbage time or against cupcakes.
You don’t need a premier WR to produce either.. case in point. In lashlee’s o we had Harley and rambo two honestly average guys who were doing things they were comfortable with

UNC cannot stop anybody. VT is horrible and so is UVA. Comes down to Pitt.
UVA has better wrs than TX AM , WE ARE vts SUPER BOWL EVERY GAME...Amd im going to bet money on unc beating us...

Southern Miss was more of a problem with their DL than TX AM was.....I guess cause it was an sec team and 100k fans yall think this a&m team..but they are sh*tty... The way we play offense fits right int he hands of the acc teams in our division.

Know we arent. There are teams in the ACC with much better offense than this TX AM offense and they will finally attack this defense.

Im gonna keep it a buck tthe weakness in this d is the secondary and their tackling.....Its some acc teams real soon that will test that...and with this offense....woosh.
We’re on the same page, my g.

Advertisement
This team would have folded after the muffed punt/quick td under mandy. Mario needs a couple more classes but I (maybe foolishly) hope he'll also continue to evolve as a coach. There were so many things that left me scratching my head
The clock mgmt & draining the clock confused the chit outta me, along w/ being way too conservative two times in the RZ.

Suddenly TVD can’t play QB? Or is it the basic predictable offense that makes him look bad and prevents him from finding a rhythm of play? And is that why a coach kicks field goals down by all those points? LOL. Mario had a really bad night tonight. He coached scared and with zero confidence

Btw this is how he coached at Oregon too. I heard the same knock on Mario by guys like Bud Elliot

Advertisement
I’m watching USC, which sucked last year and they look like an NFL passing team with nearly 100% new offensive roster and am envious.

But they also lol had a **** of a transfer portal on offense. Look at the guys they added on offense. If I'm not mistaken I think they got Oregon starting RB over there to go with all of those WRs.

I have seen this play out too many times. We look like **** and we all wait for the previous coaches players to leave - just to anxiously wonder who the next coach will be. maybe this will be different, but I’ve seen nothing to make me believe that.
If Stevenson doesn't muff that punt, we make just half the easy catches we dropped, and Borregales doesn't whiff on that FG, we win. Those aren't things u can blame on Mario, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back