Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we do not have any screens in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any toss sweeps to Rooster in the playbook.
Apparently we we do not have any stop or hook routes in the playbook.
Apparently we do not have any WRs that can catch (other than X).
Apparently we believe the odds of trying to score a TD from the 3 on 4th down is much less than trying to score a 2 point conversion on one play from the 2.
I now know why Michigan did match our offer for Gattis…..

Advertisement
He is not confident, and it shows. If you can't see that, you're blind. Yes, you can see it in his eyes. He's second guessing every throw.
Maybe he isn’t confident because his guys aren’t catching anything…wide open or contested they aren’t catching the ball. Not to mention they provide no deep threat and can’t get open.

He is not confident, and it shows. If you can't see that, you're blind. Yes, you can see it in his eyes. He's second guessing every throw.
He was the same way last year for the first half of every game. Difference is he calmed down. This year new scheme and more focus on the program has a different spotlight and he hasn't overcome it yet.

Garcia doesn't seem to me like he feels that pressure. Even in press conferences you can see a huge difference in leadership and confidence

Give the kid a shot please

Advertisement
Just stop watching. I would call it the same way if my QB couldn‘t hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Suddenly TVD can’t play QB? Or is it the basic predictable offense that makes him look bad and prevents him from finding a rhythm of play? And is that why a coach kicks field goals down by all those points? LOL. Mario had a really bad night tonight. He coached scared and with zero confidence

Advertisement
Coaches can't make plays , they just call them! TVD was extremely inaccurate and inefficient with his eyes/feet. His reads are slow and 1 track minded. Hard to tell what each route tree looked like from the ESPN broadcast but he was not working through progressions which is the 1 huge definitive characteristic of an NFL ready qb! Hence Picketts success with his weak arm. Be decisive and place the ball where the receiver can do something with it, don't kill them to save yourself! Also Biggest ? mark for me is why we don't use a hernandez/gronk style offense in the red zone with arroyo and Mallory? ****, could even bring mammerelli into the h back position with some pistol play action which would create 3 receiving options while still bulky enough to bully. Very high school fundamentals on offense tonight

You take away that muffed punt and if borreagalas field goals were straight we win. Van Dyke looked good.
He looked good enough, in a bad O, to win the game. He didn't look GOOD, but he didn't stink up the joint. People are acting like he was Kirby Freeman bad.

Fact is, our D is freaking solid. I love our D. I can live without Dan Enos flashbacks, though.

Advertisement
Suddenly TVD can’t play QB? Or is it the basic predictable offense that makes him look bad and prevents him from finding a rhythm of play? And is that why a coach kicks field goals down by all those points? LOL. Mario had a really bad night tonight. He coached scared and with zero confidence
You mean the rhythm we continually had the first 4 drives before we started dropping everything and their moms?

Guys we looked tonight the same we've looked for the past 15 years but I'm feeling positive about the remainder of the season 👍👍👍

As soon as we muffed that punt I knew it was the same Miami that it always is. And as much as thing can change given how our schedule is slated, these receivers will never get to the level they need to ensure us easy and consistent victories. Tonight was against a DEPLETED TAMU secondary that had 4+ guys suspended or ejected and we still couldn't get seperation or know how to catch a ball.

This is going to a painful, hard to watch season as it always is. But we're Miami fans, we're used to it.

Well one thing that didn't look like the passed 15 years was the line play. The past 15 years the OL would have been overwhelmed and that's was not what I saw. The rest I can't argue against.

They looked a lot more promising with lashlee. Just saying.
We don’t have a premier WR bro . Certainly not one to tailor an entire offense around lmao these dudes can’t even consistently catch

It was literally Rambo and Harley last year with a little X. The other guys got the bulk of their stats in garbage time or against cupcakes.

Advertisement
Even the intermediate throws TVD hit had so much air under them and not enough zip that the DBs had time to tackle our guys immediately.

He was terrible idk why people are defending him. His help was bad too but that was fing terrible

Maybe he isn’t confident because his guys aren’t catching anything…wide open or contested they aren’t catching the ball. Not to mention they provide no deep threat and can’t get open.
Worst of both worlds for him. You're right, the WRs do him no favors. The O in general does him no favors.

Clock management. The whole 4th quarter, down by 8. Playing like a TD wins the game. We needed 8. So even if we would’ve scored. I highly doubt we would have converted the 2pt conversion. The clock management made me feel like Manny was still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back