Zo what?

Cane1835

Banned
Banned
I mean. What is the fascination with him? I know he was a great player. I didn't follow him as a scout. I know his kid sucked as a player for UM. He signed a bunch of UM guys to Cleveland and they still sucked. Now all of a sudden he is UM's Epstein (Red Sox), Cashman (Yankees) or Pioli (Patriots)? Pass.

😕

Advertisement
I mean. What is the fascination with him? I know he was a great player. I didn't follow him as a scout. I know his kid sucked as a player for UM. He signed a bunch of UM guys to Cleveland and they still sucked. Now all of a sudden he is UM's Epstein (Red Sox), Cashman (Yankees) or Pioli (Patriots)? Pass.

😕
Ok. You prefer Blake James?

Flake is someone's puppy. Just doing what he is told. People have certain behavioral tendencies in my opinion. Going from Mork to Mandy is like having a *** change. Flake's demeanor is too flat and boring like egor in Winnie the Pooh for that kind of shock. Flake sounds like Winnie too...

😕
So your kids are going to superstars at Miami? Uh

Truthfully if you have the right coach, their is no need to waste money on someone like Zo.

He would stabilize backyard recruiting cause he is a trusted name. He hasnt proven that he can evaluate anyone. But I think he would help high school coaches believe in UM more then he would help Diaz. Just my opinion. He isnt a very good scout and the Packers needed to move on from him to get back to winning. Looks like Cleveland is doing the same.

I want him to come back to UM, but not as some God type position.

Advertisement
This thread appears to be a trolls nest.

What does his son have to do with him in an ops role?

The packers fired their head coach and cleaned house. I’m not sure how that reflects negatively on Zo as a scout.

The Browns are cleaning house and again I don’t know how that reflects negatively on Zo.

He can keep building his resume and be in line for an NFL GM gig in the near future if he wants.

What does that mean exactly? It’s means when it comes to football, football administration, and football ops he’s a really smart, really sharp guy.

What would he bring to UM?

1: he be brings legitimacy which the program is solely lacking. Manny Diaz and Blake James don’t know how to build a program and what a football operation should look like.

2: he’s a well regarded scout. This helps in recruiting, team building, and development.
manny can’t lie about talent level to someone who actually knows the game, can turn on tape and see if you are doing your job as a head coach in developing your players. Also with his connections to the nfl this could help our pipeline And recruits like to know they have a chance at getting drafted.

3: accountability: Al Golden, Mark Richt, Manny Diaz, all hiring their friends and family and even after they don’t produce they keep them on the staff and try to find some random stat that justifies why they can keep their jobs. We need someone who will keep these guys accountable who is looking out for the U.

Alonzo Highsmith’s resume in the NFL didn’t start at Cleveland and he assisted in adding more talent to that organization than they’ve ever had ... It’s a reason why his name is highly respected across the NFL. He is more than qualified to be a football AD for this program.

The packers fired their head coach and cleaned house. I’m not sure how that reflects negatively on Zo as a scout.

The Browns are cleaning house and again I don’t know how that reflects negatively on Zo.

He can keep building his resume and be in line for an NFL GM gig in the near future if he wants.

What does that mean exactly? It’s means when it comes to football, football administration, and football ops he’s a really smart, really sharp guy.

1: he be brings legitimacy which the program is solely lacking. Manny Diaz and Blake James don’t know how to build a program and what a football operation should look like.

2: he’s a well regarded scout. This helps in recruiting, team building, and development.
manny can’t lie about talent level to someone who actually knows the game, can turn on tape and see if you are doing your job as a head coach in developing your players. Also with his connections to the nfl this could help our pipeline And recruits like to know they have a chance at getting drafted.

3: accountability: Al Golden, Mark Richt, Manny Diaz, all hiring their friends and family and even after they don’t produce they keep them on the staff and try to find some random stat that justifies why they can keep their jobs. We need someone who will keep these guys accountable who is looking out for the U.
and you forgot that he has no experience doing that at the college level.

I would pass on Cashman and Pioli. Epstein probably gets an interview. But he is a baseball guy. Idk.

I like Zo’s resume. I like the gm idea unless it retards our ability to get our next HC. Works in the pros. We are about to see college ball go pro.

Advertisement
t=Thank you for having your own mind and opinion. Everyone is following what 1 person said on Canesport podcast. This Chief of Staff position is not a good position for a person like Highsmith resume. If people did some research to find out what that job really is, no one with Highsmith resume would ever take that job. Thank you for your own opinion, and not following what everyone else hears!

Not sure if Zo is ready for an AD type role. His expertise has been mainly as a talent evaluator so can definitely bring that to recruiting. He brings NFL connections which helps with coaching searches. He brings the no nonsense attitude which would help rebuilding the culture.

He has stated he wants to be an NFL GM. Coming to Miami and making an instant impact to the football program can benefit him getting to that goal eventually. The more I think of it I would not consider a potential hire a slam dunk but at this point it's worth a try. At least it would bring back some enthusiasm and quell some of the unrest among the fan base for time being. Still is not without some risk.

Alonzo Highsmith’s resume in the NFL didn’t start at Cleveland and he assisted in adding more talent to that organization than they’ve ever had ... It’s a reason why his name is highly respected across the NFL. He is more than qualified to be a football AD for this program.

And again I say Cleveland still sucked even with all that talent. Funny. You could say they are the Miami of the NFL. All this talent. And still good for nothing. The issue isn't Zo being qualified or not to be an AD. Flake is the AD. I don't see Flake going anywhere.

When I think of successful NFL GMs or VPs of Operations...Zo is nowhere on my mind or list. Not even Top 25. One legged broken down Mork got us within one game of the college playoff or in the conversation. If we beat Pitt and lose to Clemson we would have still made it. UM just needs a real coach.

Advertisement

😕
What you fail to realize is there's a large acquisition of talent on the Browns Roster, unfortunately, he's not responsible for the coach. He can spot talent however if you have a first year coach that the GM put in place, everything else is a mute point.

Ok ok someone knocked the OP off of Manny's ****. So he's very upset.

Someone please just get him a barstool so he can get back on to sucking and not posting

Would he do this?

A Chief of Staff provides a buffer between a Chief Executive and a myriad of constituencies. The Chief of Staff generally works behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues before they bubble up to the Chief Executive. In this Experts’ Roundtable, ADU reached out to a few who serve in the unique position across higher education and college athletics to explore the intricacies of holding such a title. This includes insight from the athletics department view, perspective from a president’s office, and thoughts from someone who serves in the role for a ‘Power 5’ football program.

Advertisement
What you fail to realize is there's a large acquisition of talent on the Browns Roster, unfortunately, he's not responsible for the coach. He can spot talent however if you have a first year coach that the GM put in place, everything else is a mute point.

So what you're saying is he is walking into the same exact situation at UM? All this talent but the HC sucks. Deja Vu. How tf does that help UM?

So what you're saying is he is walking into the same exact situation at UM? All this talent but the HC sucks. Deja Vu. How tf does that help UM?
I'm not suggesting he comes here at all. I'm more so addressing your first statement of what is the fascination with him. He can spot talent, he can identify the ingredients, pick up the groceries, but if you got a chef that can't cook, then the food is going to be nasty. This position will never be given that much power to make certain decisions cuz if it did, what's the use of having a coach. It's more of an administrative position and nothing more. Now if you want to bring him in as an AD, that's more in line with the position he has in Cleveland.

He hasnt proven that he can evaluate anyone.

He has evaluated 18-22 year old kids at the highest level, with the stakes ($ & limited roster spots) being much higher than they are in college.

You think that skill won’t be adaptable to evaluating 16-17 year olds? Come on, man.

😕

you must be 7 years old

Advertisement
Back