Ziyare Addison wants to be in the film room, not the photoshoot

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Riverview, FL (Sumner) offensive lineman Ziyare Addison isn’t your average offensive lineman. He’s a three-sport athlete with supreme confidence and a full slate of summer visits from the Southeast to Southern California. He sat down with CanesInSight to discuss his game and recruiting process:

On what stands out with Miami: How much love they've been giving me ever since they started recruiting me. They were able to keep it real with me and tell me what I need to...

Continue reading...

Advertisement

Riverview, FL (Sumner) offensive lineman Ziyare Addison isn’t your average offensive lineman. He’s a three-sport athlete with supreme confidence and a full slate of summer visits from the Southeast to Southern California. He sat down with CanesInSight to discuss his game and recruiting process:

On what stands out with Miami: How much love they've been giving me ever since they started recruiting me. They were able to keep it real with me and tell me what I need to work on. I have a great relationship with Mirabal, Cristobal. I talk to Mirabal like almost every day. I just have a really good relationship with all the coaches and the staff.

I'll tell you a story. I was up there [on a visit]. Everybody was taking pictures. I asked Mirabal, “Can we come watch the tape?” I didn't really take no pictures. I was watching tape with Mirabal. He was breaking down all the plays to me, how I'm able to fit in the offense. It was a great deal getting back up there.

The thing with Miami is they're good and they're young. I know a lot of people began saying Cristobal’s on the hot seat. They're going to be just fine, especially with [Cam] Ward. They're really young on the line. They've got a really good tackle in Francis [Mauigoa]. It takes time to develop a team and be a really good program.

Take Florida State for example. They've been good for the last two years, but it wasn't good for the last three years. They got better and better and better. Then year four, boom. 10 close games. Boom. Undefeated season. It just takes time with this type of stuff. I feel like a lot of people don't understand that.

On being coached by former Cane Tyree St. Louis: It was him and Coach Ray. Shout out to Raymond McNeil at Church Academy as well. Those two were really key in my development. They really just taught me to be patient and taught me to be an offensive lineman. You can see massive improvements from my sophomore year to the junior year tape. It's not just displaying my athleticism, but showing me being versatile and being a true offensive lineman. Just being more patient, using my length, and being more dominant in the run game.

On playing other sports: I wrestle and I run track. I went 7-2 in wrestling. That really helped me key on my athleticism, staying lean, staying in shape, being able to be flexible and be mobile. I run the 200M and 100M in track. That really does help me stay athletic and just get faster.

I played AAU basketball in eighth grade. My mom and dad both played college basketball. I think that's where the length and athleticism comes from.

On playing all five positions: I know I bring a lot of upside to the table with just my athleticism alone and getting bigger, faster and stronger. I told everyone a year ago I was going to get bigger, faster and stronger. I'm really keen on the weight room. Training all five positions and playing all five is just making me a more valuable player and make me feel like one of the better, if not the best player in the country. Having that athleticism and versatility and the length to be able to still play tackle on the outside.

On his attitude: I believe I'm the best player in the country. There's not too many linemen in the country that's doing what I'm doing. How many linemen can you name that wrestle, run track, that can dunk a basketball, that can play one through five?

On his official visits: Florida State, Clemson, and Oregon and locked in right now. So I'm just looking to see who could find that spot for that fourth spot in June.

"I know a lot of people began saying Cristobal’s on the hot seat."

Wouldn't you love to know who these people were? Why do I have the feeling it was UF's two O-line coaches, who are themselves on the hot seat?

Advertisement

Wouldn't you love to know who these people were? Why do I have the feeling it was UF's two O-line coaches, who are themselves on the hot seat?
Lol I mean he could of just visited a miami message board during a regular season game as well. Rutgers wasn't that long ago.

Yep, clearly there's some desperate negative recruiting going on by some very scared teams after seeing our haul last year. I'd imagine most recruits that have any level of football IQ and savvy see right through that nonsense. To claim Mario is on the hot seat at this point reeks of fear.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Napier's seat is hotter than Hades
Norvell's seat is cold because of that undefeated season. But he took a long time to win so a major step back would heat things up
Mario's seat has built-in air-conditioning. He would need to go 7-5 again or worse AND stumble on the recruiting trail for his seat to heat up

Advertisement
Im sorry, but Mario's seat is as cold as a January morning toilet seat.

Any fans who think differently are just in their feels. Any opposing coach is lying.

Now if this season goes sideways now thats different.
Yea if I was about to sit on mario I'd need to fold TP up and lay it down for warmth first

Napier's seat is hotter than Hades
Norvell's seat is cold because of that undefeated season. But he took a long time to win so a major step back would heat things up
Mario's seat has built-in air-conditioning. He would need to go 7-5 again or worse AND stumble on the recruiting trail for his seat to heat up
Which is why this sounds like FSU BS

Advertisement
Back