Zion Nelson SIAP

Advertisement
That’s what you get with a 2* kid freshman who starts. Shows how bad our upperclassmen must be...it’s sad.

I would agree with you if I really believed our coaches played the best available players. I refuse to believe Zion is the best option we have and while I’m not a coach nor at practices I have seen on the defensive side of the ball how they play favorites. Patchan is a hard worker but he had no business starting. The Zion move in my eyes was about his upside.

There once was a tackle name Pipho I believe, he was a senior.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He’s getting beat by poor technique. His kick is terrible. Keeps getting beat around the end. When you know you have inside help and you still refuse to get enough depth on your kick🤷🏻‍♂️
i don't know the ins and outs of technique, but i know you get better with reps, this is only his 6th game .... he'll get better

I honestly think this is a Manny call. If Manny disagreed someone else would be in there and he's been the most staunch defender of Nelson's...potential.

Advertisement
I honestly think this is a Manny call. If Manny disagreed someone else would be in there and he's been the most staunch defender of Nelson's...potential.
Well as a coach he's supposed to champion his players. Remember he was talking about how Baxa so is the guy up until Friday when Baxa wasn't the guy

Zion blows, but to be fair he should be getting reps on the scout team and redshirting this year. The fact that he's a former 240lb 2-star we "flipped" from App St and is now our starting LT is an indictment on the previous staff and its inability to recruit better talent and develop the guys we did land.

Optimists are hoping this is baptism by fire for the kid and nobody gets killed in the process. Realistically we should probably hope he ends up being serviceable in the long run.

Well as a coach he's supposed to champion his players. Remember he was talking about how Baxa so is the guy up until Friday when Baxa wasn't the guy

He can champion their potential on the scout team. Manny is the ultimate decision-maker and the entire staff works for him. There are no ***. HCs.

Advertisement
he was recruited by the previous staff to not see the field for 3 years. hes playing too early and isnt close to ready. blame goes to butch barry and searles. barry needs to figure out a replacement at Lt bc continuing to trot zion out there is going to hurt another QB and his confidence going forward.

side note -- what the **** happened to vaughn.

1. Zion should be redshirting. This is an indictment of the previous staff that recruited a ton of guards and then tried to move some of them to tackle. Remember Donaldson at right tackle last year? Abysmal.

2. More than a few of those sacks Kosi dodged last night came right up the middle. We don't pick up inside blitzes well either. This isn't all Zion

Advertisement
Searles receuited big guys who couldn't move. Zion is very athletic and will only get better with the right coaching. We need to keep recruiting athletic Olineman that can move.

Which is why Searles couldnt recruit a Tackle to save his life. I swear to god ii questioned the spots he
He’s getting beat by poor technique. His kick is terrible. Keeps getting beat around the end. When you know you have inside help and you still refuse to get enough depth on your kick🤷🏻‍♂️

He also panicks and opens the gate by his 2nd kick and ges parallel..add to not being strong enough to anchor then you have a big problem in every pass pro. Some times he even is late getting out of the block

Which is why Searles couldnt recruit a Tackle to save his life. I swear to god ii questioned the spots he

He also panicks and opens the gate by his 2nd kick and ges parallel..add to not being strong enough to anchor then you have a big problem in every pass pro. Some times he even is late getting out of the block
I still have bad memories of Donaldson playing RT last year.

Advertisement
Back