Advertisement
61ACF08B-3A71-4C49-A6D6-9C09096209BF.jpeg

Mario just RT this on twitter lol safe to say he’ll be ready for week 1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Had my meniscus done a couple years ago and I did not have that
Did you get a menisectomy or repair?

For a menisectomy, the doctor will simply cut away the torn parts of the meniscus and/or clean it up. Recovery is fairly quickly (a few weeks) and you can weight bear on it almost right away. The negative is that the meniscus does not grow back and you are at risk for osteoarthritis later in life because you lose part of the shock absorber in your knee. This was the gold standard procedure for the meniscus until about ten years ago. Nowadays, they try everything they can do to save the meniscus. If I was a young athlete, I would try to avoid this option, if possible.

A repair is sewn back together and requires a longer healing time (can be up to 4 and even 6 months before cutting on it is recommended - depending on the person, age, type of tear, location of the repair). Typically weight bearing is restricted for at least 4-6 weeks to allow for healing but not every doctor follows that protocol.

If he is slotted to play in the 1st game, then it was probably something minor that requires some non-weight bearing healing. No worries!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back