zion (draft potential)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure why some idiots still **** on him because of his Fr year. He was easily the best and most consistent ol last year. If he improves run blocking he could most definitely get drafted in the first few rounds. Last year he graded out pretty **** good pass blocking, even be in the 90’s multiple times. If he can take the step from his first to second year then I don’t see why he can’t take an even bigger step this year.

Im amazed he’s as good as he is, he came in very raw, new to the position and 240 pounds. Now in year three there’s legit talk of getting drafted. Most raw guys who lack experience get a redshirt and sit 2-3 years. He deserves props and I’ll be rooting for him.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why some idiots still **** on him because of his Fr year. He was easily the best and most consistent ol last year. If he improves run blocking he could most definitely get drafted in the first few rounds. Last year he graded out pretty **** pass blocking, even be in the 90’s multiple times. If he can take the step from his first to second year then I don’t see why he can’t take an even bigger step this year.

Im amazed he’s as good as he is, he came in very raw, new to the position and 240 pounds. Now in year three there’s legit talk of getting drafted. Most raw guys who lack experience get a redshirt and sit 2-3 years. He deserves props and I’ll be rooting for him.

Im **** sure rooting for him- but let’s see how he handles the first game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure why some idiots still **** on him because of his Fr year. He was easily the best and most consistent ol last year. If he improves run blocking he could most definitely get drafted in the first few rounds. Last year he graded out pretty **** good pass blocking, even be in the 90’s multiple times. If he can take the step from his first to second year then I don’t see why he can’t take an even bigger step this year.

Folks forget he was an Appalachian State commit before he flipped to UM. Albeit, Appy State is not a P5 school, but they were putting out some pretty good Olmen at that level of competition, under Satterfield and his OL coach.

That's what happens when you put in work for something you really want.... I'll take 100 Zion's over a lot of what we currently have...

Advertisement
anyone who doesn’t think Zion has the good to be first rounder doesn’t know the game or what they’re looking at. He’s got all the prototypical things you look for and he has feet, toughness, and he’s resilient.

we’re going to be lucky to have him past this year if he does take that next step.

Zion improved last year but a lot of that was due to system change and King being able to escape pressure. He wasn't even ACC Honorable mention so I would venture to say he needs to show a lot this season.

Zion improved last year but a lot of that was due to system change and King being able to escape pressure. He wasn't even ACC Honorable mention so I would venture to say he needs to show a lot this season.
“System” means he played a lot more plays which means more chances to get sacks, we ran a lot more plays. So that theory goes out the window.

He was the left tackle that never got help because of issues elsewhere. He was on an island every game and still graded out quite well. I was told from from somebody who watches more film on him than any message board fan it was amazing the jump he made in one year. Especially how raw he was and new to the position. Nobody would’ve thought a year later he’d grade out in the 90’s pass blocking in any game. He held up quite well on obvious pass downs by the numbers. I’m pretty sure one game was against the uva that’s highly thought of.

Some of y’all here rip these kids all off season , making jokes while they’re TRUE FRESHMEN!!! He then improves at an unreal rate then you poo poo it. I was posting all year how much he’d improved and was the best ol and I got laughed at by some, he was still “ below average “. Then the grades come out lol.

If I give props to an ol it’s because he deserves it, it’s the one grouping I pay extra attention to.

My point is what he did in one year while being put in an awful position was impressive. Like I said he showed up at 245 pounds and new to the position.

Does he have work to do and need improvement? Sure, big he’s going into his third year at the position and is arguably the best returning starter. He’s earned some praise doe

Advertisement
Back