2025 Zayden Walker 5* LB from Ellaville, GA

You think Diaz would've gotten Kiko in the portal ? I don't think so. Pulliam and Popo got some garbage time reps, Pulliam got an INT in the BC game. But at some point you keep stacking top prospects at any position and some will hit.
Mauigoa was going with his brother so I doubt Diaz landed him. I like most of the LBs we've gotten especially Washington. For whatever reason those guys haven't gotten enough opportunities to play. I'm glad the Cloyd, Flagg, Smith roadblocks are gone so I can finally see what we have. I would say their is a high probability they are better but the same way I warned before GTech last year I won't count eggs before they hatch. At the very least they won't be worse.

Advertisement
I'd say through 2 years Bissainthe and Flagg cancel each other out. I was never a Flagg guy but the 1 game he didn't play Rutgers went crazy.
So a sophomore who took over the starting spot of a 4th year player cancel each other out? If you dont see the difference then I dont know what to tell you.

Mauigoa was going with his brother so I doubt Diaz landed him. I like most of the LBs we've gotten especially Washington. For whatever reason those guys haven't gotten enough opportunities to play. I'm glad the Cloyd, Flagg, Smith roadblocks are gone so I can finally see what we have. I would say their is a high probability they are better but the same way I warned before GTech last year I won't count eggs before they hatch. At the very least they won't be worse.
Guidry likes that 4-2-5 but I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more 3-3-5 at times just to see more of what the young linebackers have and with the roadblocks gone like you alluded to we should see it. These young kids should also be putting a lot of pressure on Wesley to step up.

So a sophomore who took over the starting spot of a 4th year player cancel each other out? If you dont see the difference then I dont know what to tell you.
The level of play was equivalent. If you disagree that's fine. Flagg actually had better statistical sophmore year.

Advertisement
Guidry likes that 4-2-5 but I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more 3-3-5 at times just to see more of what the young linebackers have and with the roadblocks gone like you alluded to we should see it. These young kids should also be putting a lot of pressure on Wesley to step up.
In a perfect world that is how it works.

I saw Anthony Hill ballin like crazy for UT and I immediately said to myself, “I want one of those!!!” like a kid in a candy store. I mean he just lived up to that 5* rating out the gate. Would love to land this Walker kid even though it’s an uphill battle going against UGA.
Same with Perkins in '22. When you see it you know.

Advertisement
A Christmas wishlist for 2025 class would be top WR, LB & CB. We’ve have some great commits at those spots but no Mauigoa, Bain, Scott types. Early on it appears Mario taking LB personal as **** this cycle.

- I didn’t get a chance to catch up with five-star linebacker Zayden Walker but I’m getting really good feedback on how that visit went. Walker was down with his parents and I’m hearing that Derek Nicholson and the Miami staff knocked it out of the park. He’s a top name on the board next cycle and the Hurricanes continue to cement themselves as a legitimate contender for the top ten overall player and the top-ranked linebacker in the class.

wins moneyball GIF by AskMen

Advertisement
Washington got some reps.

He felt it was necessary to push the kicker on his face from behind like a ***** after the kickoff.

Hes a walking personal foul. He won't play here.

Washington got some reps.

He felt it was necessary to push the kicker on his face from behind like a ***** after the kickoff.

Hes a walking personal foul. He won't play here.
That was special team but eh.... Mario isn't exactly a disciplinarian.

Advertisement
Gaby emphasized the same in the 247 pod. Love it.

Oh and that 5* TE note....wow....big-time! Not sure if Mario is psyched about that being published, but good to know that we are working hard there.

FSU involved there too with the TE. He has been on their campus a ton but yes, great stuff.

Long way to go with Walker obviously but where we are with him is all we can ask for right now.

Advertisement
Back