2025 Zayden Walker 5* LB from Ellaville, GA

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
5* 25 LB Zayden Walker (#1 LB in the nation from GA offered in February).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm assuming UM is in his top 3, who are the other two?

Comments/history on other threads

@Memnon

My feedback

I'm assuming UM is in his top 3, who are the other two?

During the 2020 cycle, some of the top programs in the country recruited four-star defensive lineman Zykeivous Walker, who signed with Auburn. Now, his brother is in his shoes.

Ellaville (Ga.) Schley County five-star EDGE Zayden Walker, who holds nearly 30 offers, visited Florida on March 25 and the Tigers on March 27. Already in April, he has visited Auburn, Florida State and Georgia. He will be at South Carolina this weekend, then at Alabama the following weekend, for spring games.

“He always told us that being recruited, always find a genuine commitment with the team and coaches,” Walker told On3 about his brother’s advice to him. “Always know how long the coaches have been there. It’s a lot to look into. He said don’t just look into the school you want to go to, just know what’s real from the fake.”

Even though his brother plays on The Plains, Auburn has an advantage for Walker’s commitment. Rather, the 6-foot-2, 220-pound pass rusher is focused on “what’s best for me.”

Walker also knows what will be important in his eventual decision.

“First of all, the staff, how long the staff is going to be there,” said Walker, the No. 5 overall prospect and No. 1 EDGE in the 2025 On300. “The teammates and the kind of people I will have around me and the place, what’s around. It’s not only the facility, but everything that’s around it.”

Walker likes Florida State, Miami and Georgia so far​

One of the early contenders for Walker is Florida State. The five-star has already visited Tallahassee six times.

Multiple Seminoles coaches have interacted with Walker, including head coach Mike Norvell and defensive coordinator Adam Fuller. Walker believes that Norvell is “taking them up the ladder” and preparing Florida State for success in upcoming seasons.

“We’ve been connected all these months,” said Walker, who is also brothers with 2024 four-star athlete Jalewis Solomon. “It really just feels like a home, it feels real comfortable. I’m comfortable with all the coaches.”

Miami is another Sunshine State program that is standing out to Walker. He likes how Hurricanes coaches are reaching out to him weekly through approved channels, since he cannot be directed by coaches as a sophomore.

Georgia also has the attention of Walker. He last visited Athens on Nov. 5 for the Bulldogs’ win over then-No. 1 Tennessee before watching the scrimmage over the weekend.

“I feel like Kirby Smart is probably the most chill, most laid-back coach I’ve ever talked to,” Walker said. “I tell everybody that. He’s not gonna tell you everything that you want to hear, he’s not gonna try to boost you ahead. But people will tell you how he’s gonna be.”

“Athens is crazy,” he added about Georgia game days. “You can’t even move. They’ve got a real good fanbase. Then the players and how they work, it is different.”

Advertisement
He lives in the middle of no where in central Georgia with Columbus probably the closest “city” and Macon next closest unless you consider Albany.
Americus is pretty close and they always had excellent football teams in the past.
Definitely in the middle of nowhere. They used to be included in what was called “Tri County High School”. It consisted of Marion, Webster, and Schley (Where this young man is from) counties. The counties voted to split apart and went independent in 2021 and the school closed. It’s 3 different schools now. Back in the day, if u played a game down there…. ESPECIALLY basketball. You were gonna get cheated. I mean cheated bad. We lost a 24pt. lead there one night. It was so bad, that both of our boys basketball coaches, our head football coach and AD, and an assistant principal …. ALL got kicked out of the gym that night. I had to stand on the sideline for the rest of the game. We started the 4th up by 24, after all of the shenanigans, technical fouls, ejections, imaginary calls, extra foul shots, and missed calls, we were down by 12 before the end of the game. I asked the ref, “Sir…. how the **** can y’all explain a 36pt. swing in one **** qtr. of a high school basketball game”? Dude gave me a tech. and said, “One more word outta you coach, and I’m gonna have to explain a 40pt. swing.”🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I stood there like…
1684693362572.gif

Edit: After the game, the cops and some of our kids had to stop me from going into the refs locker room to kick his ***. 😂🤣😂

Last edited:
I hope we do wonders with him because pulling a kid from the middle of nowhere Georgia and selling him and his family on living in Miami for 4 years will be a challenge. When Columbus is your big city as @surfcane noted, Miami will seem like another country, with a different language and all.

Advertisement
I hope we do wonders with him because pulling a kid from the middle of nowhere Georgia and selling him and his family on living in Miami for 4 years will be a challenge. When Columbus is your big city as @surfcane noted, Miami will seem like another country, with a different language and all.
You can go into any establishment in Miami and be hard pressed to find an English spoken.

It worse in the construction business you try talking to anyone and get EHHHHH EHHHH with shoulders shrug.

This could hurt us , we must keep these kids on campus and chaperoned if not little Havana through out SOFLO will scare them off especially there parents whom won’t be able to communicate with anyone.

But then again when the recruit constantly hears the chaperone speaking Spanish NO GOOD

GOCANES

Advertisement
Definitely in the middle of nowhere. They used to be included in what was called “Tri County High School”. It consisted of Marion, Webster, and Schley (Where this young man is from) counties. The counties voted to split apart and went independent in 2021 and the school closed. It’s 3 different schools now. Back in the day, if u played a game down there…. ESPECIALLY basketball. You were gonna get cheated. I mean cheated bad. We lost a 24pt. lead there one night. It was so bad, that both of our boys basketball coaches, our head football coach and AD, and an assistant principal …. ALL got kicked out of the gym that night. I had to stand on the sideline for the rest of the game. We started the 4th up by 24, after all of the shenanigans, technical fouls, ejections, imaginary calls, extra foul shots, and missed calls, we were down by 12 before the end of the game. I asked the ref, “Sir…. how the **** can y’all explain a 36pt. swing in one **** qtr. of a high school basketball game”? Dude gave me a tech. and said, “One more word outta you coach, and I’m gonna have to explain a 40pt. swing.”🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I stood there like…
View attachment 239184
Edit: After the game, the cops and some of our kids had to stop me from going into the refs locker room to kick his ***. 😂🤣😂

Thank you. I had a Wrestling tournament in high school at Tri County and still wear the shirt around (it’s a cool *** shirt) . Glad it wasn’t a solo meet against them as there was at least 10 schools there . 15 yrs in GA I’m like how the **** have I never heard of Schley Co.

It’s UGA so it is what it is atm. Way easier to pull kids from the ATL metro area.

Keep pounding GA. Mainly keep pounding ATL area recruits (pause) they are not loyal and will go anywhere in the SE.

Advertisement
Visiting for Junior Day according to Gaby.

Here’s the junior tape. Looks like an OLB/Jack. His size/athleticism combination definitely pops on tape. His older brother is in the portal but he played at Auburn and is listed at 6’4 260. The kid 6’3 220+ already.

Advertisement
Back